Nachi Cocum - Cozumel - Getting There

Beanie01

From where Oasis/Allure port, does anyone know how far it is to Nachi Cocum beach resort? If you've gone, do they provide transportation? If not, were you comfortable taking a local taxi, and can you easily get a taxi at any time to return to the ship? Also, approximately how much does round trip taxi cost?

Did you enjoy the resort?

Taxis are readily available at the port to take you to Nachi. When you are ready to leave Nachi, they will call you a taxi.

Very simple. There are signs outsie at the port that list the current rate from the port to Nachi.

Can't give you any definitive answers as I haven't been yet - we are booked to go in several weeks. From my research, it appears that taxi is the way to go and it is $15 each way. Am I right, those of you who have actually been? :)

Yes. :)

Getting a taxi there, and back is very easy.

Taxis are readily available at the port to take you to Nachi. When you are ready to leave Nachi, they will call you a taxi.

Very simple. There are signs outsie at the port that list the current rate from the port to Nachi.

yes it is that simple! I cant remember how much though. they have cars or vans for more people

It's so simple and the ride is pleasant. The first time we went, I imagined lots of traffic getting out of town and down the road to Nachi. Instead, it's a short, peaceful ride with nice scenery. I think it's $15 each way but I don't remember for sure. The resort itself is spotlessly clean, pretty beach, good food, great service. The pool is huge, too. At first when we asked if they had beach toys for the children they said the price was $10 a bucket. Within a few minutes, our server appeared and gave them the bucket without charging. They had nice big floats, too, but I think these might have been rented along with the snorkel gear. As you enter, they will take your picture. When we got ours, there was a pirate kneeling in front of us that they had superimposed. We asked them to remove it and they did. So if you want a picture of your group - and no pirate - you might want to make that request up front. We made our reservations through Island Marketing.

We had no problem taking a local taxi. They knew where it was (it's on the same road as the port, no turns), and they called us a cab when we were ready to leave. No issues with transportation at all.

My first trip there a couple of years back I was alone. I took a $15 taxi. On the way back they called for me. I went to go wait outside and they pulled me back in and told me to wait inside until the taxi came.

They let me know when that was and walked me out. I felt they really cared about my safety.

Two years ago there was no photo or much else, but it was very nice. My daughter and I went last year and they had many more touristy things to make money. The photo, massages, snorkle and floats, etc. My daughter had a massage and said it was nice.

It takes about 15-20 mintues. The price in Nov. for a taxi was $15. You get off the ship, walk down the long dock to the shops. You will see overhead signs for TAXI, just follow. You will end up out near the front street, get in the taxi line, tell them where you are going and they will assign you a cab. It is very easy and simple.

You seem a bit worried, honestly there is nothing to worry about. Nachi Cocum is a great day.

Just received my Nachi Cocum confirmation from Island Marketing. Per the email: Taxi is $15 for up to 4 people and the club is 10 miles or a 15 minute drive.

We were there in June 2011. It is super easy to locate the TAXI stand at the port. When we were ready to return, we told the servers and they walked us out when the taxi has arrived. We never felt "unsafe" - a great way to spend the day.

Is there any advantage to booking through Island Marketing v. through Nachi directly?

I looked at Island's site, it gave descriptions of Family All Day Inclusive, Adult All Day Inclusive, and Luxury Adult All Day Inclusive, but none actually specified the name of the resort.

Is there any advantage to booking through Island Marketing v. through Nachi directly?

I looked at Island's site, it gave descriptions of Family All Day Inclusive, Adult All Day Inclusive, and Luxury Adult All Day Inclusive, but none actually specified the name of the resort.

I couldn't find the website to book directly. If you find it, I'd appreciate having the link.

I don't believe that there is any advantage to booking through Island Marketing. I've heard of people doing both, but when we went, I just booked directly through Nachi Cocom.

We have used both Island Marketing and Nachi's direct site to book. There is no difference in what you get. The advantage for us what that when we booked via Island Marketing, my credit card company charged us a foreign transaction fee (my fault for not checking 1st) and when booking via the dot net site, they accept PayPal which had no foreign transaction fee.

As to the OP question, as stated, taxis are plentiful, easy and the ride is quick and fairly light with traffic. The taxi price is $15 USD one way for up to four people. It was just my wife and I so we hooked up with another couple via our roll call and split the cost.

Pete

Did you have to wait a long time for taxi to come after being called by Nachi employees?

Considering waiting for taxi and the ride to the port, what would be the latest time we could have it called? Ship will be in port until 5:00 pm but I want to be on the ship by 4. I don't want to be last minute.

We booked directly through Nachi, and it went perfectly. As soon as we left the terminal area, we told the taxi people that we were going to Nachi Cocom. We split a taxi with another couple, and it was $15 for the whole taxi. Our waiter saw that we were packing up our stuff at the end of the day and offered to call a cab. He was there as soon as we walked out, $15 back. No issue. A truly great day!

How is the beach at Nachi Cocum? Is it a drop off beach or does gradualy flow into the ocean? I am just intrested as I have a hard time walking and a gradual slope is better for me.
It's a gradual slope and very pretty. I'd suggest going early so you can get a spot close to the pool, restrooms, restaurant area, etc. Actually, you might want to email and request those loungers be reserved for you.

Did you have to wait a long time for taxi to come after being called by Nachi employees?

Considering waiting for taxi and the ride to the port, what would be the latest time we could have it called? Ship will be in port until 5:00 pm but I want to be on the ship by 4. I don't want to be last minute.

There was one waiting before they even called last time we were there. We actually split it with another couple back to the port, both couples just threw in $10 so the guy got a nice tip.

Archived