HELP! Airfare !!!!

Sarpy1

:confused: I was wondering what website offers the best deals on airfare. We are booked on the Freedom, March 10th-18th and leaving out of Ft Lauderdale. I live in Omaha Ne. and we will be flying in on the 9th. Airfare is so expensive right now, I was wondering what website you found to be the best! :)

I haven't found one website to be much better over the other, but definitely compare Miami and Fort Lauderdale prices...they are not too far apart, and you can get a shuttle or car service from one to the other (just make sure if you pick Miami that the RT price of the car/shuttle to Fort Lauderdale is cheaper than just flying into Fort Lauderdale.) We did this with 4 traveling and the difference in ticket prices was $200 pp...of course RT car service even at $200 was a better deal to fly into an alternate airport.

:confused: I was wondering what website offers the best deals on airfare. We are booked on the Freedom, March 10th-18th and leaving out of Ft Lauderdale. I live in Omaha Ne. and we will be flying in on the 9th. Airfare is so expensive right now, I was wondering what website you found to be the best! :)

We are in Omaha and we travel quite a bit, we've found SWA, if you include the luggage that is free on that particular line, is the best priced usually to Ft Lauderdale.

In the month you're flying it's easy to get stuck because of weather, SWA seems to have the best on time and less overbooking than the others.

Hope you have a great time!!! March is a great time to escape Nebraska weather!!!

Ick I just looked at the air fare for these dates, they BITE. Must be spring break :-(

I use http://www.kayak.com to search - they consolidate various airline and travel agency sites so I can compare in one place. Then I go to Southwest and check their pricing separately.

Em

This is also SPRING BREAK time for some, so the prices may be higher for that reason...

Bingo. That's going to be an expensive time to fly to Florida. I agree though, airfare is pretty ridiculous.

It's not just spring break, air fares are through the roof. But somehow they always seem to keep the price from $100 to $200 more than driving (for 2 people 1k+ miles) By the time you spend 4 days (both ways) on the road, gas, 4 motels, and meals, it usually makes more sense to fly.

I'm seeing the same problem. I'm looking for Milwaukee to FLL or MIA (FLL is alot cheaper so far). Bing dot com slash travel has a predictor that I'm watching. Right now for my route it says to wait and has 60% confidence that rates will drop $50+. I'm waiting a couple more weeks but really want to get it booked for my sanity so may suck up the higher fare for the relief of having a seat with my name on it. :rolleyes:

I'm seeing the same problem. I'm looking for Milwaukee to FLL or MIA (FLL is alot cheaper so far). Bing dot com slash travel has a predictor that I'm watching. Right now for my route it says to wait and has 60% confidence that rates will drop $50+. I'm waiting a couple more weeks but really want to get it booked for my sanity so may suck up the higher fare for the relief of having a seat with my name on it. :rolleyes:

If you go to Kayak, you can check 'nearby airports' so you can also see fares from ORD if that is an option for you. You can also set up an email alert on Kayak so you will be notified if the fares change.

If you go to Kayak, you can check 'nearby airports' so you can also see fares from ORD if that is an option for you. You can also set up an email alert on Kayak so you will be notified if the fares change.

Thanks - I have looked but really want Milwaukee to be the farthest we drive since we live just north of Green Bay. I really don't want to drive to and home from Chicago.

Good Luck. You just may be better off purchasing through Carnival and letting them be responsible for getting you on the ship day of. That is what we did about 6 years ago when we went to Panama Canal on Carnival over spring break.....We flew out about 6:00 am day of cruise and was on board about 3:30pm......We didn't have to pay for a hotel by going down the night before.....I think the air is prob running around $450 through Carnival. Call and inquire, wouldn't hurt.

Tuesdays are usually the best days to check on airfares. For some reason, you can find better (lower) prices on a Tuesday than any other day of the week. Also (you probably know this), airfares for flying on Sunday through Thursday are less than if you fly on a Friday or Saturday.

If you fly into FLL, you can take a free shuttle to the commuter train and then I only paid $3 or $4 to take the train to MIA. There are other stops too like for a metro stop if you're going to a hotel or want to get closer to port. From there it's a cheap taxi ride (vs a very expensive taxi from FLL).

I booked WAS (Washington DC) to FLL for March 8 - 10 but because of the cost waited until Tuesday and will fly home the March 12. Consider one way tickets. In DC we have Jet Blue out of Reagan and I am flying that on March 6 to Orlando. Going to Disney World with other grandson and driving in van to FLL to visit daughter 1 for 2 days. Daughter 2 and family will drive back to Orlando in the van for her professional meeting on Sunday. Daddy and GS will fly home Monday saving $200 on price of Sunday tickets and avoiding the VERY STEEP one way fees on rental car. Meanwhile MeMe and Granddaddy will visit daughter #1 and fly from FLL to BWI on Tuesday on SWA! Using 2 one way tickets the roundtrip cost out at $137 pp. Since I fly this route maybe once every 6 weeks or so I have become creative. Also pay attention for the spot sales and DINGs from SWA. Sometimes they work out but mostly they are the times that don't work for cruising.

Bite the bullet and pay for the tickets. Last weekend there were 106,000 people passing through the piers of Port Everglades. There is not a way to get a deal unless like us have lots of time and relatives who can give your a bed:D Much much better in the hot humid summer time when flights are pretty much empty. Check some of the lesser airports of Fla. or maybe Tampa but also be aware that Fla has huge toll fees and rental car fees and so know the bottom line. They get you coming or a going.!

Good Luck. You just may be better off purchasing through Carnival and letting them be responsible for getting you on the ship day of.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but please don't be fooled by what ever sales verbiage the cruiselines use to make you think they will be "responsible for getting you on the ship day of." If there are flight issues, the cruise line does not have a magic wand that guarantees they will get you there, and "day of" flying is always an increased risk, regardless of how it's booked. Caveat emptor.

This is Spring Break for Ontario; not sure if that has anything to do with the pricing from your part of the U.S. or just driving up prices in general.

We live near US border and fly out of Buffalo to FLL - much cheaper than MIA, and we fly night before. Hotels are also cheaper in FLL, however with spring break, you might not be that lucky.

We were searching flights since Sept and we are going next month. We got our flights from Buf to FLL for less than $300 return. We bought each way separately. Found a deal to go down (then the flights were reduced two more times and we got the refund credit!) and used that to apply to return trip.

Southwest posts its sales on Tuesday. I just got an email from them. The sales don't usually include weekends but we were lucky enough that it did.

Tuesdays are usually the best days to check on airfares. For some reason, you can find better (lower) prices on a Tuesday than any other day of the week. Also (you probably know this), airfares for flying on Sunday through Thursday are less than if you fly on a Friday or Saturday.

Yes yes yes. I had credit with Delta so I had to book directly with them. I kept checking their website but only found airfare at $500 to $600 per person 😳( our credit was for $329.00 per person) we are flying from California. I started checking on a Tuesday morning. I must have checked 10 times that day in between clients. It went from &548 to $268 by 4 P. M. I have done this before, you just have to be persistent. Right now we $39 credit each. I plan to use it for luggage. Also don't forget to check all airports in the area

He who hesitates PAYS! Checking flights from Rochester to FLL in March over the past week have seen prices go from just under $700 to $1070 round trip for 2 of us. The lowest prices were for unworkable times. I had checked on Friday and did not book, figured I'd wait until Tuesday (today) when prices often are the lowest. Cost me about $200, but worth it to get a workable time post cruise and reduced anxiety.

Yes yes yes. I had credit with Delta so I had to book directly with them. I kept checking their website but only found airfare at $500 to $600 per person 😳( our credit was for $329.00 per person) we are flying from California. I started checking on a Tuesday morning. I must have checked 10 times that day in between clients. It went from &548 to $268 by 4 P. M. I have done this before, you just have to be persistent. Right now we $39 credit each. I plan to use it for luggage. Also don't forget to check all airports in the area

Not entirely correct. Saturday, Tues & Wednesday are generally the least busy (and cheapest) days.

Archived