making flight Oasis/Allure

How feasable is it to make the 10:30am flight out of FLL. The 12:30 is all booked up.

Is that pushing it, all I have heard was that getting off the Oasis/Allure is the easiest in the business.

Would like to hear from people with experience how their experience went with early flights.

I think this could be feasible, but you always have to consider the possibility that the ship may come in late, you may disembark later, etc. I know RCI has early debarkation for guests with early flights, so it still could be possible that you make it, I'd just suggest later than the fully booked flight, just to be sure.

You can make it easily if you carry your own luggage off the ship. We have now experienced four debarkations between Oasis/Allure and the latest that we have arrived at the airport is 6:40 but we carried our own luggage off. Keep in mind that anything can happen to hold up debarkation but we take the chance now when booking our flights for this class ship.

All of these are good answers, and the question comes up frequently. My experience with Navigator and Allure from this port is we could have easily made it.

Let me steer the question another way with the OP's forgiveness. I traveled by air heavily pre-2001. Back then the airlines weren't inventing new fees every day. Back then you could come early or late and switch to another flight or even airline with no problems (usually) One exception was New Orleans on New Year's eve :o . Now if you even think about changing flights there is a penalty for that. I think it varies wildly from airline to airline or even airport to airport. I wouldn't have any problem booking early if there was a $25 per person rebooking fee since its usually just my wife and I. However those of you with big families, I can imagine how painful it might be to change 8 people at $75 per person to a later flight. Just thought I'd throw out that factor for consideration.

From what I read, it does sound possible coming off either the Allure or Oasis. Guess I will find out in April.

On the other hand, 2 of 3 of my FLL departures from other ships have been delayed including my most recent one from the Liberty. Both were related to delays in having the ships cleared by port authorities. I learned from the first one when I barely made a 10:40 flight and now always book flights after noon.

From what I read, it does sound possible coming off either the Allure or Oasis. Guess I will find out in April.

On the other hand, 2 of 3 of my FLL departures from other ships have been delayed including my most recent one from the Liberty. Both were related to delays in having the ships cleared by port authorities. I learned from the first one when I barely made a 10:40 flight and now always book flights after noon.

That is what the cruiselines recommend. Can you make, of course, will you, time will tell.

Archived