How is this for DRAMA?

hihosilvers

OK - four days 'till we cruise, but just had vent this one.

Story:

Four families got together last April to book our cruise. Family one is mom, dad and three kids; family two is mom, dad and two kids; family three is mom, dad and one kid; and family four is husband and wife...no kids.

We find out a couple months ago that the mom in family two is having an affair. She is sneaking around, and not being all that careful - and we all know about it. Then, we find out that the person she having an affair with is the boss and friend of the husband of family four. Everyone is freaking out, that this will kill the trip. THEN, we find out that she "convinces" her husband not to come on the cruise - followed shortly by her new boyfriend booking a cabin of his own. We are all livid. THEN, we find out that she has paid for a very expensive upgrade to move to the cabin next to the boyfriend on deck 11 (and away from us on deck 2). We are beside ourselves with anger. She has ruined the group. At the 11th (like, yesterday) hour, some of us confront her, explaining how horrible she has been to her husband and kids, and that the right thing would be for her husband to go in her place. To our amazement, and absolute shock, she cancels herself, books her husband in her place, and the boyfriend subsequently cancels. Lots of money lost all around, but safe to say that we are all happier. Can't believe how much this groupl has gone through since we started planning this trip. Of course her changes affect so many other things (airfare, hotels, car, Disney, etc.), we are now scrambling to get things organized to leave. WHEWWWWW!

Enjoy that.

One phrase comes to mind .... People are freaking nuts! :eek::rolleyes:

Hope now that the drama is a bit resolved you guys have a good time in spite of her selfish behavior. I feel for you, my parents pulled the same crappola at Christmas and it resulted in the family not being together ... thankfully they are only hurting their adult children and we manage to pull it together and be mature enough that the grandkids don't notice or get hurt ...

I really feel for that family and hope Husband #2 can relax and enjoy some drama free time! Buy that man some drink coupons and a massage!

Of course, you have no idea what occurred in the family prior to when she took the actions that you relate. For all you know, her husband could be a wife-beating, child-abusing jerk and the new man is who finally gave her the self-confidence and support to confront him and end the marriage. As hard as it is to do, the best thing for the rest of you is to MYOB and refuse to speak about the situation with either of the parties or each other (gossip never helped anyone and those children deserve a safe place where people are not talking about their parents and giving them "sympathy" stares.)

I am a family law attorney and I can tell you, I see these kind of situations all the time, and there really are two sides to each story. Because you don't know both sides, it is unfair to take sides.

Just saying.

OMG, a very good reason to NOT go with family/friends as a group. I will go solo or invite a friend along. I will be going on the Liberty and there will be a total of 25 of us, but really, we're not planning on spending all the time together. Yes, we'll have the grand cabana at Half Moon Cay, but after that, well, we'll split off and hang with who we want to the rest of the time.........

Hopefully the cruise is excellent and you have a good time!

Archived