How is this for DRAMA?

hihosilvers

OK - four days 'till we cruise, but just had vent this one.

Story:

Four families got together last April to book our cruise. Family one is mom, dad and three kids; family two is mom, dad and two kids; family three is mom, dad and one kid; and family four is husband and wife...no kids.

We find out a couple months ago that the mom in family two is having an affair. She is sneaking around, and not being all that careful - and we all know about it. Then, we find out that the person she having an affair with is the boss and friend of the husband of family four. Everyone is freaking out, that this will kill the trip. THEN, we find out that she "convinces" her husband not to come on the cruise - followed shortly by her new boyfriend booking a cabin of his own. We are all livid. THEN, we find out that she has paid for a very expensive upgrade to move to the cabin next to the boyfriend on deck 11 (and away from us on deck 2). We are beside ourselves with anger. She has ruined the group. At the 11th (like, yesterday) hour, some of us confront her, explaining how horrible she has been to her husband and kids, and that the right thing would be for her husband to go in her place. To our amazement, and absolute shock, she cancels herself, books her husband in her place, and the boyfriend subsequently cancels. Lots of money lost all around, but safe to say that we are all happier. Can't believe how much this groupl has gone through since we started planning this trip. Of course her changes affect so many other things (airfare, hotels, car, Disney, etc.), we are now scrambling to get things organized to leave. WHEWWWWW!

Enjoy that.

And why did you feel the need to tell everyone about your friends personal life???

Let's everyone tell our stories of how our parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. cheated on or have been cheated on by their spouses! :confused:

And why did you feel the need to tell everyone about your friends personal life???

Let's everyone tell our stories of how our parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. cheated on or have been cheated on by their spouses! :confused:

@M..288 - Thank You!

As I was reading this I thought the same thing.

This has nothing to do with anything other than the OPs soap opera.

Take this discussion to another forum or better yet, call Jerry Springer!

Done.

I really feel for that family and hope Husband #2 can relax and enjoy some drama free time! Buy that man some drink coupons and a massage!

And some extra time on the slides for the kids...

What a nightmare.

Hope you all have a great time in spite of the drama!

I am a family law attorney and I can tell you, I see these kind of situations all the time, and there really are two sides to each story. Because you don't know both sides, it is unfair to take sides.

Just saying.

Technically, there are THREE sides to every story ... his side, her side, and the TRUTH somewhere in the middle .....

Just saying. ;)

exactly!!!

Hell, I',m glad you posted this. It made for some interesting reading instead of the same old boring posts on her!! I would enjoy more details.

My theory is that the wife and new BF now will book a different cruise and cruise the same week you guys are cruising and now she doesnt have to feel uncomfortable in front of her friends.

Are you kidding? you love the drama and you know it...Booo Hooo.

What a ho!:eek: Can I get her phone number? :D And I always thought of Canada as being like Mayberry, (as in Andy Griffith's Mayberry).

Let's all hope no "good samaritan" shows this thread to the kids involved.

Thank God the hockey players up there are all law-abiding, eh Gordie?:p

What a ho!:eek: Can I get her phone number? :D And I always thought of Canada as being like Mayberry, (as in Andy Griffith's Mayberry).

Let's all hope no "good samaritan" shows this thread to the kids involved.

Thank God the hockey players up there are all law-abiding, eh Gordie?:p

Canada is like Mayberry. There's no crime; everybody knows everyone's name; and we all get along by playing hockey together. It's total Utopia.

Hell, I',m glad you posted this. It made for some interesting reading instead of the same old boring posts on her!! I would enjoy more details.

My theory is that the wife and new BF now will book a different cruise and cruise the same week you guys are cruising and now she doesnt have to feel uncomfortable in front of her friends.

Exactly. We're all assuming that they'll be leaving on their own vacation while we're away. Almost a guarantee.

Believe me, there's soooo much more to this story, it would blow you away. Anyway, we're back to getting excited, and looking forward to a great time aboard the Dream! I will post a review when we get home.

This is what my mom would definitely say, "this is an example of how sh$$ spills over and affects people not even involved":eek: Pure selfishness! Not even worried about the kids!! I don't get it. People!!:cool:

I'm not even going to post what my father would have called this:eek::p:eek:

OP i'm sorry this is happening to you. I hope despite this mess your vacation is a wonderful time spent with friends. I look forward to hearing about your Dream experiences. Sailing on her in 9months....oh the wait.

I would be hiring a PI for the time away and toss out the bed when I get home.

Been there and the kids never saw mom again...not my choice hers..

Sux to be him at the moment. I know it stings at first. The kids are young enough they won't think much.

Make the best of it! Glad you stood up to her.BTW I think if he was a wife beater all of the friends might have known something??? My wife was the beater!

Of course, you have no idea what occurred in the family prior to when she took the actions that you relate. For all you know, her husband could be a wife-beating, child-abusing jerk and the new man is who finally gave her the self-confidence and support to confront him and end the marriage. As hard as it is to do, the best thing for the rest of you is to MYOB and refuse to speak about the situation with either of the parties or each other (gossip never helped anyone and those children deserve a safe place where people are not talking about their parents and giving them "sympathy" stares.)

I am a family law attorney and I can tell you, I see these kind of situations all the time, and there really are two sides to each story. Because you don't know both sides, it is unfair to take sides.

Just saying.

Yes you are right....but at the same time. As GROWN UPS before you 'open one door...you should close the other'. Get the divorce then.....

To bad husband isn't handing wife DIVORCE papers the day they leave.

from what i understand with canada (well at least in vancouver, other provinces may vary) but you have to be separated for a year before you can file divorce. is it true throughout all of canada, hihosilvers?

Good gawd. Good thing that YOU and the others don't have to hang out with her. And it sounds like she wants to hang with her new BF anyway.

It's not and shouldn't be your job to referee, placate, or manage her/their situation. Enjoy your gossip and feel lucky that it's not your delimma.

Ignore the stress of other peoples decisions and have a great cruise with the people you want to hang with. ;)

Maybe it's just because I am a naturally a very relaxed person, I don't really see how this is anyone's business besides the husband and the kids, even if this is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth ... which I doubt.

It does not need to become drama unless people want it to.

totally.

So.. the lady is looking to get away from her marriage and she's stuck in a commitment in a group cruise with a group that favors her soon to be X. She tries make the situation work by moving her cabin away from the group causing the group to get confrontational.

Somethings are better left unsaid, sometimes less is more. Perhaps if you would have just reserved judgement, handled your own business and let them handle theirs.. then there wouldn't be so much chaos?

Maybe it's just because I am a naturally a very relaxed person, I don't really see how this is anyone's business besides the husband and the kids, even if this is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth ... which I doubt.

It does not need to become drama unless people want it to.

genegri,

You aren't alone. I read this entire thread and that same thought kept sailing thru my head. :cool:

Someone will likely tell us we shouldn't have read this thread, but I'm OK with that too. :)

Archived