What to wear

jfhbearcat

First time cruise for mid-50's active (scuba, snorkel, hike, bike) casual couple from Colorado. Last week of March out of Miami to Key West and Cozumel on Carnival Imagination. How "dressy" do we need to be to not feel under-dressed. Typical tropical vacation we pack swim wear, shorts, sandals, polo shirts and casual tops, jeans and khakis/skirt if an "up scale dinner". Too casual for cruise or about right? Many thanks.

First time cruise for mid-50's active (scuba, snorkel, hike, bike) casual couple from Colorado. Last week of March out of Miami to Key West and Cozumel on Carnival Imagination. How "dressy" do we need to be to not feel under-dressed. Typical tropical vacation we pack swim wear, shorts, sandals, polo shirts and casual tops, jeans and khakis/skirt if an "up scale dinner". Too casual for cruise or about right? Many thanks.

We too are a late 40's early 50's fairly active couple. We just sailed the Carnival Inspiration 5-day last Oct. On your cruise, there will be one elegant night. For the men, there was everything from tux's, suits with ties, dress pants with dress shirt and ties to pants and shirt with a collar. For the women, not so many evening gowns on this 5 day but there were a few, dresses, nice sundresses and dressier pants and nice tops.

For elegant night my husband wore dress pants, a long sleeve shirt and tie. No jacket. For me, I wore a fancy sundress. The ship has photo backdrops set up and it was a nice opportunity for us to get some pictures taken while we were fairly dressed up. IMO, a pair of pants and nice shirt would be just fine.

For non-elegant evenings, my husband wore Docker pants and a Golf style shirt with a collar. I wore black leggings and a long sparkly shirt over-top with strappy sandals. One or two evenings it was fairly cool and I wore the leggings but with a long V-necked sweater and flats. Most folks dressed fairly casual on these evenings with some even being in dress type shorts and shirt which seemed to be prefectly fine.

We were on the Carnival Legend 7-day in 2010 and it seemed that passengers dressed a little more fancy on the elegant eves but this may be due to the fact it was a 7 day and there were 2 elegant evenings.

Have a great time. My SIL and I are planning to book this same itinerary on the Inspiration for and all-girls cruise next year.

:)

Archived