Queens Jubilee 5th June

cshim

On the Cunard Blog it says for those departing on 5th June, "In the evening – after dinner – we will light up the sky over our three ships with our own tribute to Her Majesty."

Does anyone know when the ships are leaving - will it be later than normal?

On the Cunard Blog it says for those departing on 5th June, "In the evening – after dinner – we will light up the sky over our three ships with our own tribute to Her Majesty."

Does anyone know when the ships are leaving - will it be later than normal?

From what I can see, sailing time on 5 Jun is scheduled for 2200hrs.

J

Thanks!

Where did you see that information, by the way?

Apologies Chris,

for some reason I missed this post. You will find a lot of detail (including arrival and departure times) in the document behind this link.

I covers all QE's voyages for this year so you'll need to scroll down a bit to find yours.

J

Thanks very much Cruachan - didn't think to look for Dress Codes

And Capnpugwash, I still cannot see it on the FAQs even when typing in departure times but I have the information I need now. Thanks.

...I still cannot see it on the FAQs even when typing in departure times but I have the information I need now. Thanks.

Well, here's how to crack Cunard's best kept secret:

Log on to the Cunard site

Down in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, click on the "Life on board" link.

Look on the left of the screen just below the lilttle picture of a brochure and you will see two links side beside labelled "We Are Cunard Blog" and "FAQS"

Click on the FAQS link

Once you are in there, the first link under "Frequently Asked Questions" should be "WHAT WILL THE DRESS CODE BE WHILST I AM ON BOARD?"

Click on that one and it will display a page that has a link for each ship showing the voyage numbers.

Click on the link for your chosen ship and you should be able to download the PDF.

J

Bizarrely it is shown under departure times on the FAQ section of Cunard's site. Who would have thought to look there.:cool:

Will you be sailing on any of the ships on the 5th, Cap'n? My father and I will be coming in on the Mary on the morning of the 5th, and then transferring over to the Elizabeth, so we'll be QE for the Royal Rendezvous.

Would love to wave to you if you're sailing that day!

Henry

Will you be sailing on any of the ships on the 5th, Cap'n? My father and I will be coming in on the Mary on the morning of the 5th, and then transferring over to the Elizabeth, so we'll be QE for the Royal Rendezvous.

Would love to wave to you if you're sailing that day!

Henry

Henry, no I won't be on board. You seem to be doing it the wise way by coming in on one ship and transferring to another. Have fun.

I belive that we are on second sitting which is 8:30pm - I am a bit concerned that we will miss the festivities on deck when we sail away...

You could always give the dining room a body swerve that night and grab a meal in the Lido - or have yourself a steak from room service. Then you could be out on deck in plenty of time for whatever is on offer. I'm naturally disinclined to miss a meal in the dining room but I will do it if there's something else to claim my attention.

J

Hmmm... well, maybe the solution is to just have appetizers and dessert and skip the entree...

At any rate, I think that probably most everyone will be interested in getting out to the decks, so I have a hunch that everyone at the dining tables will be eager to "eat and run". Perhaps people will forgive the rudeness of eating quickly, in light of the events of the evening...

Hmmm... well, maybe the solution is to just have appetizers and dessert and skip the entree...

HERESEY!!!! HERESEY!!!!

You can skip class, but you never skip the entree. Next thing you know you've lost so much weight your tux actually fits you!

And don't get me started on breakfast.

:D:D:D

Jimmy Three Breakfasts (no food knowingly uneaten)

At any rate, I think that probably most everyone will be interested in getting out to the decks, so I have a hunch that everyone at the dining tables will be eager to "eat and run". Perhaps people will forgive the rudeness of eating quickly, in light of the events of the evening...

We have never been known to miss any part of a meal. It's looking like the Lido is where we will eat dinner, and then head to our cabin to grab our winter woollies and wellies as there is bound to be a down pour or worse that night.

We have never been known to miss any part of a meal. It's looking like the Lido is where we will eat dinner, and then head to our cabin to grab our winter woollies and wellies as there is bound to be a down pour or worse that night.

I thought the sailing was on 5 June?

Oh no... it's Soton. You're right - downpour it is!

:D:D:D

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived