Best Floor For Baloncies on Explorer of the Sea

CK77

We will be booking soon on the EOS for our first ever RCL Cruise to Berumda. We are looking at getting a Balcony Room. Which Floor is best for the bigger Balconies?

I was looking at the ship's layout online, and Deck 9 looks good to me so far.

Thanks

The "best" cabin means different things for different people. I for one, would never take an aft cabin because I like to be midship and low. But in general, the best cabins are ones where there is another cabin above and below you. You want to avoid being under the pool or the Windjammer, as well as being above or near the theater, etc.

We are looking at Deck 9 middle aft to be a nice spot? Does that seem good?

Thanks

This is an excellent spot!

There is a small difference in the balconies on deck 6 compared with the balconies on the other deck. The steel balcony front comes up higher and is topped with a railing on deck 6 - on the other decks, the steel front is lower and topped with glass. So, I'd say to avoid deck 6 if you can, but it's not a dealbreaker if you cant.

I was looking at the EOS Layout on Deck 6 and it shows the Promenade.

Does this mean when you walk out of your room, at some points along the ship your looking down at the Promenade or is there a wall there?

Thanks

I was looking at the EOS Layout on Deck 6 and it shows the Promenade.

Does this mean when you walk out of your room, at some points along the ship your looking down at the Promenade or is there a wall there?

Thanks

No - only Promenade Rooms over look the Promenade. You will not come out of your cabin and be looking down. Keep in mind Deck 6 balconys on Explorer have steel bottoms vs plexi glass. Deck 6 is always my last choice if I have a choice.

We will be booking soon on the EOS for our first ever RCL Cruise to Berumda. We are looking at getting a Balcony Room. Which Floor is best for the bigger Balconies?

I was looking at the ship's layout online, and Deck 9 looks good to me so far.

Thanks

We had mid ship deck 9 Jr. Suite.

Excellent location.

We had mid ship deck 9 Jr. Suite.

Excellent location.

Have had balconies on 6,7,8, and 9 - forward, hump, and aft. They're all good - and all different. 8 and 9 are better if you want to be closer to the pool and WJ; 6 and 7 are better if you want to be closer to the promenade and dining rooms; forward gets a bit more up and down motion, mid is more side to side, and aft is more of a constant vibration (DW says sleeping in an aft cabin is like having a bed with "magic fingers"):)

Have had balconies on 6,7,8, and 9 - forward, hump, and aft. They're all good - and all different. 8 and 9 are better if you want to be closer to the pool and WJ; 6 and 7 are better if you want to be closer to the promenade and dining rooms; forward gets a bit more up and down motion, mid is more side to side, and aft is more of a constant vibration (DW says sleeping in an aft cabin is like having a bed with "magic fingers"):)

Your DW must prefer the Aft cabins :)

Also another question...Is there really that much of a difference between the D1, D2, E1 type Balcony Cabins outside of the little extra Sq Ft?

Thanks

Your DW must prefer the Aft cabins :)

Also another question...Is there really that much of a difference between the D1, D2, E1 type Balcony Cabins outside of the little extra Sq Ft?

Thanks

We both do:):):), but anywhere on a cruise is better than anywhere not on a cruise:)

A few differences besides the sq ft - more little storage spaces/shelves/cubbys in D than in E. D's have couches; E's have loveseats; D's tend to be in better locations and on higfher decks; more D's are set up to accommodate more than two pax than E's (only a few E1's sleep three)

Thanks for all the help...

I have one more question...

What is the difference between an E1 vs E2 balcony cabin and the D1 vs D2 balcony cabin? The E1 and E2 are both are listed with the exact same sq ft as are the D1 and D2.

Is it just location?

Thanks

Sometimes it's location, and sometimes it is a double cabin (E2, D2) vs a higher-occupancy or connecting cabin (E1, D1).

So if I understand this, if its just my wife and myself, and we would only be in the cabin for sleeping, changing, showering etc and taking breaks out on the Balcony then we would want a D2 or E2 type of cabin...Does this sound good?

Maybe the E2 is all we need? Opinions??

Thanks Again for all this help :)

Archived