Monarch of the Seas questions

KP&BP

Hello - will be leaving Monday on the Monarch and have these questions:

Are robes provided in room?

Is there a magnified make up mirror?

What toiletries are provided? Should I bring shampoo, soap, etc?

Assume there is a hair dryer - yes?

Thanks for your help - first time with Royal Caribbean!

No robes provided unless you are a certain level of C&A member or in a suite Im pretty sure. It has been reported that sometimes you cabin attendant MIGHT can get you one though.

There is a "combination" shower gel/shampoo/conditioner in a dispenser in the shower although you may wanna bring your own.

Yes there should be a hair dryer but many of the ladies say its very weak. :)

No magnifying make up mirror...in addition to the mystery jell in the shower dispenser you will also have a bar of soap at the bathroom sink....ditto on asking for the robes...you may or may not get them..

If you care about your hair at all don't use that mystery concoction of "shampoo" and bring your own. That stuff will seriously dry out your hair and make it REALLY tangled!! (That's what happened to me at least . . .)

I have fairly short hair and even my hair got dried out and gross with the mystery concoction. My boyfriend is Chinese and he NEVER has dry hair and he used that stuff for 4 days and ended up with dry scalp for like a week after we got home last year, and we come from Michigan where every ounce of moisture is sucked from your skin & hair in the winter. He already made me promise to make him take his own shampoo this time.

Also, I didn't take a blowdryer on my first cruise because I was told they were in the rooms. I hardly call the thing they provided a blowdryer. It blew out warmish air very low and smelled like someone's entire head of hair got caught and burnt off in it...and even though it didn't heat up much the thing overheated and turned itself off every 2-3 mins. Save your sanity and take your own.

1. No.

2. No.

3. Bring your own. I do use their bar soap, but prefer my own shampoo.

4. The hair dryer has always worked fine for me. It is hidden in the top drawer of the vanity/desk.

If you are staying in a full suite, there might be a magnifying mirror, but not in any of the other cabins. I bring my own hairdryer - the one they provide doesn't put out enough heat for me.

I use the mystery gel in the shower as body soap and and to wash out clothes if necessary. I bring my own shampoo & conditioner.

I forgot to bring Shampoo and Conditioner the 1st time on the Monarch. To make matters worse they do not even sell anything good in the store onboard. So i was stuck using what was in the cabin.

There is a petty good drug store right on the main street in Nassau that we use on nearly every cruise there. In fact they carry a Badidas product I use that is not available in the States.

Archived