CPAP Machine Size

teacherman

I use a CPAP and take it with me when we travel. Mine is about 5 years old. It is a RESMED Escape model and works very well. BUT it weighs about 5 pounds and has its own carrying case, which is about the size of a laptop case. I have heard there are newer, smaller, lighter models, and I was wondering if some of you were using one. If so, could you share the make and model and pros and cons? I hope this post is allowed as I would like to get some info from those who actually travel and use it on cruise ships. Thanks for any info you can provide.

I use one that is a couple of years old and I just put it in a rolling carryon and put my 10ft hose in my suitcase.

I recommend going to cpap.com and looking at their travel models. Most will also have reviews along with all the specs. It should give you a good idea of what's on the market right now.

I use a CPAP and take it with me when we travel. Mine is about 5 years old. It is a RESMED Escape model and works very well. BUT it weighs about 5 pounds and has its own carrying case, which is about the size of a laptop case. I have heard there are newer, smaller, lighter models, and I was wondering if some of you were using one. If so, could you share the make and model and pros and cons? I hope this post is allowed as I would like to get some info from those who actually travel and use it on cruise ships. Thanks for any info you can provide.

I just bought a travel size CPAP machine this fall and took it on my last cruise. It does basically the same as my regular one, including having a humidifier. Was about 1/2 the size of my normal one. I purchased it from our local medical supply house. I put it inside another carry on bag.

When I get home tonight, I will post the model, don't remember it off the top of my head.

Mike

As the others have already said, there are newer models that are just as effective and much smaller now - a huge help when you now pay for luggage and weight is an issue.

My husband uses one and has a fairly new one (don't know the make or model but can check if you still need it). It's so small that it actually fits right in the drawer of the bedside table next to the bed in the cabin, so when we're not sleeping, he simply closes the drawer and it's out of sight, not taking up any room on top of the table. If you're going to be doing any amount of travelling at all, I'd highly recommend you invest in a newer smaller model. Well worth the time to research it!

As the others have already said, there are newer models that are just as effective and much smaller now - a huge help when you now pay for luggage and weight is an issue.

!

As the CPAP is a medical device it is not counted towards the luggage allowance. :)

I bought a travel cpap for my son. It is very small and light and comes with a back up battery in case the power goes out. It is made by aeiomed model was everest . I think it weighs 2.5 lbs. I bought it due to the battery back up that can last up to 10 hours Because i was afraid that if the power went out my teen would not wake to take it off. I ordered it online for 419$ total. ( our home care company wanted me to pay 500$ just for a battery for the one they had. ) WE just had to fax a prescription to them . We did not use it on a cruise due to son losing 40 lbs and not needing it anymore. you can also buy a car charger for it.

Archived