Tendering

SplitRaindrop

Cruise Newbie question that I couldn't find an answer to :D

If a port requires you to tender ashore (is that the proper term....where they "shuttle" you to shore?) can you do it more than once. I've asked for docked ports if you can get on and off the ship but I'm wondering if you can do the same when you are tendered to shore. We just like to know ahead of time what our options are going to be! We're getting excited to cruise on the 22nd!

Thanks!

However, in any given port you'll want to take note of how long the ride is to shore. Some tender rides take a while, and it isn't worth the effort to return to the ship for lunch, for example, with plans to go out again after. Other tender rides are shorter, and returning for lunch would work.

While the tenders run continuously, they often run them back and forth more frequently during the busy times when most people want to go ashore or return to the ship than during slack hours.

So in the middle of the day, if there are only a few passengers, you may find yourself spending more time waiting until the next tender gets ready to leave.

It is kind of like the bus routes in cities where they run buses more frequently during peak rush hours than at other times of the day.

Cruise Newbie question that I couldn't find an answer to :D

If a port requires you to tender ashore (is that the proper term....where they "shuttle" you to shore?) can you do it more than once. I've asked for docked ports if you can get on and off the ship but I'm wondering if you can do the same when you are tendered to shore. We just like to know ahead of time what our options are going to be! We're getting excited to cruise on the 22nd!

Thanks!

I have tendered more than once a day at Half Moon Cay, Grand Caymen and Sitka Alaska so obiviously, if I can do it, so can anyone else. Enjoy your tendering.

Also, when the Veendam tendered into St. George in Bermuda, one of the ship's ferries was used. It was on a set schedule as to when it left the ship, and when it left St. George to return to the ship. Of course, if you missed the last tender, you just got on a bus and headed to Hamilton to meet the ship.

It was interesting as we were heading into Hamilton (I assume the pilot came aboard on the last ferry), to see the ferry following us in.

Archived