Need info about non-alcoholic beverages and snacks

TMC

We will be on the Liberty with our 10 year old son - a growing boy needs lots of snacks and water. We do not drink soda, but would like to know when and where to get water, lemonade, iced tea and after dinner snacks. I have read threads about bringing water but we don't want to deal with that. Maybe some crystal light packets? Can we/should we bring some snacks like chips, granola bars, etc?

Thanks,

TMC

Depending on the ship, you should have plenty of choices. The Windjammer is open during most of the day. You can get snaks up there most of the time. There is usually lemonade or juice there when open. There is a Sorento's pizza on most of the ships as well. Pizza, cookies and some other baked goods.

As for drinks, water can be had all over the ship. Any of the bars will be glad to provide a glass of water. Most ships have some kind of coffee shop. You can get some snacks and water there as well.

Have a great cruise.

Rob

We will be on the Liberty with our 10 year old son - a growing boy needs lots of snacks and water. We do not drink soda, but would like to know when and where to get water, lemonade, iced tea and after dinner snacks. I have read threads about bringing water but we don't want to deal with that. Maybe some crystal light packets? Can we/should we bring some snacks like chips, granola bars, etc?

Thanks,

TMC

Food wise you need to bring zero, there will be plenty to eat and drink for anyone of any age...K.O. Near Philly;)

You can get water anywhere ... from your stateroom tap, Cafe Promenade, bars, etc. I can't imagine bringing food for a cruise ... you can always find something. Cafe Promenade will have cookies and sandwiches during the day (breakfast stuff in morning). Sorrento's will have pizza and other italian type antipasta. The buffet is open quite a bit with food and snacks.

No worries - he will be able to find snacks and water or iced tea throughout the ship, day and night. Your ship has a Cafe Promenade and a Sorrentos on deck 5, which is open 24 hours. The Windjammer buffet is open until 9:30pm. There is a self-serve frozen yogurt machine on the pool deck.

Cafe Promenade offers fresh fruit, pizza, muffins, cakes, sandwiches 24 hours a day, so he'll never want for a snack.

There's always room service, which only incurs an extra fee for deliveries made between midnight and five AM.

Food heaven for a ten year old boy, and most adults, too. :)

teddie

You might want to bring some granola bars or packages of cookies for excursions as you may only bring prepackaged food off the ship. Also, bring a couple of sports bottles to fill when the Windjammer is open (fill them from glasses of beverages that are set out, not from the spout) and keep them in your cabin fridge. They are good for excursions as well or just sitting by the pool.

IMHO, if you want non sweet snacks bring them. i.e. pretzels, peanuts, granola. You won't need to bring cookies. Sweets are always available such as cookies, brownies, cakes, jellos, ice cream and such at the cafe and windjammer, also available all day are pizza and sandwiches. You can also pick up fruit in the WJ. Not the healthiest choices overall but clearly you won't go hungry. I normally bring some pretzels and peanuts to snack on in the room, should I need to.

Great ideas. Thanks to all. I will pack a few snacks for the plane and some salty snacks. And, a water bottle too. Does the tap water in the cabin taste ok?

T

The tap water is OK, but warm. We usually fill the water bottles at the Cafe Promenade or at the Windjammer, where it's iced. I bring an large insulated cup w/lid, and fill it from the glasses of water or iced tea (not from the spout).

Archived