Did I do it wrong?

vantec

I don't tip for laundry. I tip my steward at the end of the cruise or if I'm asking something really out of the ordinary. I don't consider laundry out of the ordinary. I usually save up clothes until I have a full bag rather than sending a couple items each day. I usually send things mid-cruise. If I had several days of travel before I got to the ship I'd send some sooner.

Ok--sorry, my error and I am properly chagrined. I forgot folks generally do more than cruise just because I can't.

Mea culpa.

Don't apologize - I didn't clue into why people have dirty laundry on the first day either and I've been on 17 cruises! I usually arrive only a few days before I board so I'm still good for a little longer. Now we all know!

So, do most people tip for this free service or not? If so, how much? Just wondering as I am new to this myself and don't want to offend anyone and look like a cheapskate.

I don't. Though they usually receive an additional tip at the end of the week in addition to the auto-tips.

Also don't forget that elite laundry is 2 days turn around by default, not same day. Leave it out in the morning, expect it bad in the afternoon/evening of the next day. So if it does take 2 days then please don't get all annoyed. If you are willing to pay the usual fee for same day service then you can do so (I was told on my last cruise).

Although I have left a bag of laundry on the bed in the afternoon and the steward has taken it that evening, it has come back in 24 hours.

Archived