Personalized cruise line luggage tags

spider0378

The cruiseline might have an online store with their logos on them.....

I make my own luggage tags, use a business card and laminating luggage tag holders...they turn out quite well.

gg

It's a great idea to use your business card. We do that too. If luggage is lost it can be returned to the office. Meanwhile, no one has our home address, knowing we're on vacation!:rolleyes:

I appreciate the suggestions, but what I was looking for was a personalized luggage tag to keep as a rememberance of the cruise. Maybe, have the ship name, date and itinerary on one side and the return information on the other. The cruise logos adding to the uniqueness of the tag. The suggestions would all reward me with a generic luggage tag.

While I'm sure the cruise lines all have restrictions on the use of their trademarked logos, I would suppose that they sometimes allow third party usage of that trademark for products that promote their name. Otherwise we would never be able to buy, for example, t-shirts with the trademark "Coke" on them unless we bought them directly from the Coca Cola company. But, I ramble. Thanks for the suggestions to date.

I appreciate the suggestions, but what I was looking for was a personalized luggage tag to keep as a rememberance of the cruise. Maybe, have the ship name, date and itinerary on one side and the return information on the other. The cruise logos adding to the uniqueness of the tag. The suggestions would all reward me with a generic luggage tag.

While I'm sure the cruise lines all have restrictions on the use of their trademarked logos, I would suppose that they sometimes allow third party usage of that trademark for products that promote their name. Otherwise we would never be able to buy, for example, t-shirts with the trademark "Coke" on them unless we bought them directly from the Coca Cola company. But, I ramble. Thanks for the suggestions to date.

You could print off extra copies of the paper tags (from the cruise line)that you would be attaching to your luggage, then purchase luggage tags that have the cruise line's logo on them in the cruise ship's gift shop, and make up your own souvenir tags.

Of course you don't need to purchase copyright items only from the company directly. The times you see a company's logo on anything, you can bet they paid a price to use that logo or name. Coca Cola would not allow anyone to put their name or logo on something unless they paid for that right. I'm guessing you've not heard of the numerous copyright infringement lawsuits that are out there. Unless you get written permission from the company to use their logo/name, you'd be in violation of copyright laws. Heck, the NFL is cracking down on stores that are selling items with teams names on them, that the NFL didn't authorize. But, you can sell all that stuff as long as you pay the copyright fee to the NFL.

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone. Didn't want to sell anything. Wanted to buy something unique. Didn't care how the seller got the OK to sell it or how much they paid for the OK. But, I feel better now that I'm completely educated in copyright/trademark law. Wow, the things my law professors forgot to tell me!! Thanks to all.

We print our own cruise cards and laminate those. I make a new card for each cruise indicating the itinerary, cabin number and deck, date of sailing, ship name etc. and special occasion that might be celebrated. Also, include our home address, phone and email. Decided to start doing this to help my husband remember our cruises as he said, "they all start to run together." We pass them out to others on our roll call, to the ship's crew at the Meet and Greets and to our new fcruise riends. Better than writing your information on the back of a napkin or scrap of paper.

Archived