Tahitian Princess March 20th, 2006 who's going?

rob&deb

Okay, I just returned from the 4-day RCI cruise to the Bahamas. I cannot wait to get back to Princess and the 7-day or more. Four days is just too short! I missed having a safe and fridge in the room. I loved RCI's Quest game -- too funny! I missed having different menus at the lunch dining room each day. I loved the towel animals. I missed afternoon tea. But my brother enjoyed his first cruise -- so maybe he will join me and DH on one of our future Princess cruises. We had excellent weather the entire trip. Just enough time to unpack and then pack for a week of work. Yikes -- I didn't know you could get post-cruise depression from a 4-day. Can't wait until Tahiti ......

... Also booked with Hiro in Moorea and he left us standing on the dock and did not even show up. Have a great time on your cruise Nicole:)

Thanks for the positive feedback on Marc's and the negative on Hiro. I am always concerned about being left high and dry when booking on-line but these boards help show the reputable ones.

Hello CC'ers

We recently received a Captain Circle Promotion Brochure for our sailing, and were able to benefit from a $200+ Cdn reduction on our category BC cabin. We are going to start thinking about what to do during our pre-cruise stay in Moorea and during the ports of call. Lots of good info on this and other roll calls and the Ports of Call Board. Hopefully we can compare notes and maybe book some independent excursions together.

Cheers,

Peter and Steph

Hi all!!

Just returned from 7 days on Mariner of the Seas with the kids. It was wonderful!! With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, March will be here before we know it!!! I haven't given the Tahiti Cruise much thought lately, but am now ready for the major planning to begin!!!

Any others doing a pre-cruise at the Intercontinental? I found from the other board that you can join the ambassador club for $150 and they send you a coupon for a free weekend night stay. Since we're staying two weekend nights pre-cruise in Moorea for more than $150 - I am still researching, but it looks to be quite a deal. Maybe there are more perks too.....just thought I would pass it along for any others who may be planning a couple of nights at either Intercontinental.

Laura

Peter,

I was thinking I got jipped, cuz we only saved $49 pp for a BB category. Then I realized the CDN was Canadian Dollars so I guess we're ok. I could have saved a little more by re-booking, but Ernie was afraid we'd lose our cabin and we think it's a great spot. I love the balcony - and am really looking forward to this cruise - it will be so different from those we've done before.

Laura

Airfare LAX to PPT. Air New Zealand has flights for about $825 with taxes. Part of Mileage plus FF program too. I have air reserved with Princess with a deviation to arrive 2 days early, but I'm thinking of jumping ship, I mean plane ;-) Anyone seeing better rates?

That's a pretty good price - I've been watching some, though I think I want to fly ATN and don't think it's quite low enough yet for me to switch.

If we were flying before the end of the year, they're running some specials for $450 - NOW that would be a deal!!! Probably they don't run those until after the cruise payment deadline is passed.

I'm still watching - we still have some time - let you know if I see anything good!!!

Laura:D

I have not booked any excursions. We usually do not book with Princess, and seldom book anything in advance. But Princess and our TA have been quite generous with the OBCs this time, so maybe we will spend the excess on an excursion. Other than tips, we seldom spend anything on board (we are non-drinkers!). I really am getting excited for this cruise!

We are close to booking one of Marc's excursions in Huahine. We are trying to decide between the two choices, and discussing with our travelling companions. Either way, it should be great. We are just starting to get serious about looking at all the various options in the other ports, including our pre-cruise stay in Moorea. I see from another thread, someone said that the Princess excursions for the March 10 trip are now available for booking, it does seem quite early for that.

We also followed the thread regarding the $200 OBC that was advertised in a promotional mailing. We did not receive the letter, and when we called Princess they advised that we had to have a letter (and were able to check that we had not been sent one!) in order to qualify. The person we spoke to said that it is a promotion for people to encourage them to book with Princess, therefore not being sent to 'experienced' Princess cruisers.:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Peter and Steph

After reading the thread on the complete escapes contest and letter with OBC, I called home and my DH said we received one on Monday. So I am going to give it a try to see if we can get some more OBC. I already have some from TA and some from future booking credit. For inside/outside, I think we could get $150/cabin more. That would be awesome!

After reading the thread on the complete escapes contest and letter with OBC, I called home and my DH said we received one on Monday. So I am going to give it a try to see if we can get some more OBC. I already have some from TA and some from future booking credit. For inside/outside, I think we could get $150/cabin more. That would be awesome!

Good for you!! Hope you get it. We haven't done so great with OBC's, guess we're too "experienced". It is definitely going to be the most expensive vacation we have ever taken.

We don't usually do too many ship excursions either. I have had much better luck researching independents on these boards. However, I think we're going to do the drift snorkel with Princess in Raiatea, because I just don't want to be gone all day with Bruno. We may or may not do the Princess Sunset sail in Bora Bora - heard wonderful things about the Sunset sail thru Taravana, but $600 is a bit too pricey. You really need to be part of a group on that one. Oh, and on Bora Bora, I'm booking a Jet Ski thru Miki Miki probably for a lagoon tour on my 40th birthday.

We headed to a band competition in Atlanta this weekend - may squeeze in a shopping trip or two!! Have a nice weekend everyone.

Laura

Indeed we checked our Cruise Personalizer today and found that the shore excursions are available for booking. They are a bit sketchy in spots but still worth keeping an eye on them. Good to have some comparisons to independent excursion costs.

We too are somewhat interested in Bruno's tour as well as the Sunset Cruise in Bora Bora.

When we were last in French Polynesia (this time last year on the Sapphire Princess LA to Sydney) we did all independent tours with the CC group. They all worked out extremely well. In Bora Bora we did the Top Dive snorkel and motu picnic. In Moorea we went with Moorea Boat Tours (Captain Heifara) for his similar trip, and in Papeete, we took Patrick's 4 x 4 all day excursion. They were all great, would be happy to answer anyone's questions if you are interested in hearing more.

Cheers,

Peter and Steph

We are booked too for Marc's 4 x 4 and motu/snorkel. Yippee! He is certainly efficient, just e-mailed him yesterday afternoon, he responded right away. Four of us are travelling together. Laura, I guess we will see you there, if not before!

Cheers,

Peter and Steph

• 2 weeks later...

Yea!!! I think the 4X4 and snorkel looks the best. I'm sure we'll have a blast!!! This cruise is such a dream come true for me, I can't really believe I'm going!!

You all will have to pinch me so I'll know I'm not dreaming!!!!

Is everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving? I just have to take dressing both to my mothers and my husband's - so not so much slaving over the stove for me - plus I found a frozen Cheese Cake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake at Sam's - so I bought it too - I love those things!!

I can't believe those excursions are already reservable online - I've been looking for something interesting - not ready to book yet.

Take care!

Laura

Times are starting to get busy. We're getting ready for Thanksgiving day at my sister-in-law's. We are not allowed to bring anything, so it's an easy day for us. Then going to Scottsdale AZ first week in December for some spa time. Then two weeks at Christmas for a week in the E.Caribbean on Princess and a week post-cruise enjoying Florida. But with all of that, I seem to spend most of my "dreaming" time thinking about Tahiti! Too many excursions to choose from. We usually don't do any with the cruise line, and very few with independents as we enjoy just hiking around and relaxing. But I think we will probably do a few excursions this time since the cruise is so different. Just need to survive the hectic holidays for now.

4 Months - we'll be boarding the ship!!!

Mich - sounds like you'll definitely be busy - makes the time go by faster though. Holidays are always hectic here - this year, hubby's nephew is getting married in Clearwater on New Year's Eve. We decided to head down on Dec 26, so we're looking forward to an unexpected mini-vacation in Florida. I've never been anywhere during Christmas holidays since all my family lives here, so we're really looking forward to it.

Laura

Hi Everyone,

Happy belated Turkey Day in the US! Glad to see that there a re a few people travelling with us. We haven't booked any excursions yet still have a bit of reading before we decide to bbok anything. We have a post cruise stay booked at the Intercontinental in an OWB can't wait. Less than four months away. Rob and I usually book our excursions indepeandant of princess...trying to save where we can. Any suggestions?

Less tha 4 months away!!!

Deb

Hi Everyone,

Happy belated Turkey Day in the US! Glad to see that there a re a few people travelling with us. We haven't booked any excursions yet still have a bit of reading before we decide to bbok anything. We have a post cruise stay booked at the Intercontinental in an OWB can't wait. Less than four months away. Rob and I usually book our excursions indepeandant of princess...trying to save where we can. Any suggestions?

Deb

Sorry - double post

Hi Everyone,

Deb

The excursions that seemed most promising to me are:

-Marc's Motu on Huahine (we already booked the 4x4 & picnic)

-Bruno's (I think on Raiatea)

-Sunset Sail aboard Taravana on Bora Bora (great if you could get several couples)

-Dr. Poole's Dolphin tour on Moorea (heard a lot of good - some disappointing when dolphins not spotted)

Everyone says it's super easy to book on your own at the piers as well. I've read about the Jet Skis on Bora Bora and we'll probably do that for my birthday. Still researching some, but will probably do Marc's, Dr. Poole's Dolphin on our own (pre cruise days on Moorea, not on the cruise stop) and probably the Drift snorkel thru Princess on Raiatea and play everything else by ear. Would like to pearl shop and snorkel on Rarotonga, if we get to get off the ship there.

Welcome ubsueg - these boards definitely have some great info!!!!

Laura

Thanks for the helpful information Laura!

Time is flying by!! I can't beleive that there are less than 3 wks before Christmas so much to do so little time!

We had heard alot about Marc's Motu Picinic on Huahine. It's a matter of sitting down and finally deciding what we really want to do. I too want to do some shopping for Black Pearls, I have read something on Rarotonga as well as Moorea but I 'll keep reading to determine where the best place is to buy.

Thanks again Laura.

Deb:)

• 3 weeks later...

Deb - I'm hoping to get some pearls too. I hear that at the Pier in Moorea is the place to get the really cheap ones - I'm planning to get several as souvenirs as for my daughter and nieces and maybe Mom and my sister. Luckily, we're staying on Moorea pre-cruise so I'm planning to check things out there first, then I'll know what they have and can check them out in Rarotonga (where I've read have the best prices because of the exchange rate) and will know where is the best place to buy. If Moorea is better, I can pick them up there when the cruise ship stops there.

Final payment is due in a couple weeks - time really flies then!!! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - everyone!!! We're headed to Clearwater for a wedding, so we're getting a quick vacation - looking forward to reading up on Tahiti again while we're at the beach.

Talk soon....

Laura

We are headed for the Dominican Republic tomorrow, staying for two weeks. Glad to get out of the winter weather and head for some sun and sand. After we return on January 7, we will be in serious Tahiti planning mode. We have only booked one tour so far, Marc's 4 x 4 plus motu picnic in Huahine. If anyone is considering the independent sunset tour in Bora Bora, we might be interested in joining in. We can look into it on our return. We received an e-mail from Princess, with our booking number, inviting us to reserve the shore excursions on-line. Interesting that they do it before final payment. Ours is due January 2, and we have instructed our TA to proceed with the final payment.

I will be interested in looking at the black pearls too. I bought a pearl 'enhancer' when I was last there (actually on the Sapphire Princess) so might want to find earrings to match.

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday season, happy new year and look forward to more online discussion before we meet in French Polynesia!

Cheers,

Steph (and Peter too)

Archived