Tahitian Princess March 20th, 2006 who's going?

rob&deb

Thanks for all the passport sympathy!!! I did get an e-mail from them today confirming they received it and will do everything they can to get it back to me on or before March 1.

By the way, today is the last Wednesday of February!!!! I can't believe it!!!! The photo album is coming along nicely - I'll add the other photos this weekend and get it posted.

Finally got my Jet Ski tour booked for Bora Bora with Matira Tours at 10:30am. Yea!!!!

I've gotten the first pictures in the album. Well, actually, I think it's called a photo show. Keep 'em coming and I'll update it as I receive them. It's really great to put faces with names (though for those looking at mine, my hair is now a lot blonder - but my husband is easy to recognize!!!)

I think it works if you click on the link in the middle of my signature. If you have troubles, let me know.

Hey Laura - that is a great show you put together! Love the graphics and the music too! Thanks so much for doing it. Look forward to meeting you all soon!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

(P.S. Keep us posted on your passport - that must be very nervewracking (sp?) but I am sure it will work out. What date do you actually leave?)

Hey Laura - that is a great show you put together! Love the graphics and the music too! Thanks so much for doing it. Look forward to meeting you all soon!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

(P.S. Keep us posted on your passport - that must be very nervewracking (sp?) but I am sure it will work out. What date do you actually leave?)

I don't actually leave until March 16 pm and am due to get it back on March 1, so everything should be fine if all is on time.

I got Marilyn's pic added - am hoping to hear soon from Rob & Deb. Anyone else out there who's joining us - please send us pics!!!

Thanks for the compliments, though there's nothing to it with this free software, which is nice.:D

Hi Everyone,

The "photo show is awesome!! Since we don't have any recent pictures on digital I'll be taking a picture of us today and I'll send it along. It won't have a tropical theme/beach as it's a bit chilly this am -16 degrees C or 12 degrees F Burrrr!!! I'll download the picture today . I've started to tan to try to avoid burning as from what I understand the sun is that much stronger in the South Pacific.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Rob and Deb

Hi there,

I just looked at the photo show, it looks great! Thanks again Laura for setting this up!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, it's back to the grind tomorrow. Only three weeks tomorrow before we board the ship. We finally got our final cruise documents on Thursday.

It's all becoming VERY real.

I can't wait to feel that warm blast of air as we de-plane in Papeete!

Three weeks for us!!!

Have a great week everyone!

Deb & Rob

We haven't gotten our cruise docs yet - not sure if the fact that I haven't finished entering immigration information due to lack of passport expiration date is holding them up - I hope we get them soon!!!

I've lost track - I think we're leaving two weeks from Thursday - still a lot to do to get ready!!! I have one suit case packed and ready, though!!

Enjoyed the photos, Laura. Looks like we'll be a very happy group, and why not we'll be in paradise!

Looking forward to leaving here on March 11th, and LAX on the 12th, for our 8 day pre-cruise stay in Moorea at the Pearl Resort with Step & Peter. Not a bad way to spend my birthday, the first day in French Polnesia, a long-time dream!

Heather (& George, too!)

Picked up our doc today. So now we're ready to go......although is saying that we had our docs in hand the last time too. However there is no incentive they can offer me this time to change..........so..........I think I'll start packing this weekend.:D

Sounds like we'll have a lot of special occasions to toast - weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays!!!!

I can't imagine having wedding jitters on top of the nerves I'm having just trying to get everything ready to go!!! Kathy - I guess you don't have two teenagers to arrange for while you're gone, so maybe it evens out.

Good news on the passport - they got it and its in the hands of FedEx. I'm staying home from work until it arrives tomorrow so I'll be here to sign for it.

Bad News on the cruise docs - talked with the TA today Princess forwarded them on 2-10 - (I was relieved that the passport faux pas - i.e. non-completed immigration information is not holding them up), so they think we should have received them by now and so do I. If we don't receive them in the next week, we have to contact them again to make "other arrangements". I've put Ernie in charge of the "other arrangements", if it comes to that - my nerves are already shot after the passport deal!!!!

At least all travel arrangements and excursions are taken care of!!!

So glad to have the docs in hand. My TA is on the 3/10 sailing, so she'll be out of reach in the pre-cruise days when you start panicking without docs. No suitcases packed yet. I do have my trusty packing checklist that I update each time and have started a "pile" of things that need to go such as the snorkel gear. Now I'm re-thinking everything -- maybe we should have planned another pre-cruise day, maybe we should have planned another post-cruise day, maybe we should have ..... Okay, take a deep breath :p everything's set to go -- stop rethinking everything.

I must admit that I am usually working on the "next" vacation before I take each one. But I have been planning this one for so long, that I have taken 5 other vacations in the meantime -- and while each one was excellent, I have been dreaming of this one for several years. I am trying to not set myself up for disappointment, but it just looks to be so exciting!!

It seems everyone on this thread is super excited about this one.

I've wanted to go to Tahiti since I was a kid and first watched South Pacific.

We were talking about work today about my vacation. One of the girls said - did you ever think you would even know someone who went to such as exotic place as Bora Bora.

I'm going to try to get to the library this weekend and see if they have the movie South Pacific. I still have my mom's LP of the music from it. (Does anyone here besides me remember what an LP is) lol

Marilyn

I'm glad to hear your passport problems are about to be solved.

Now you have the worry about your documents. Mine just came in on Monday so maybe yours are not far behind. It takes longer to get to Canada though.

The only real difference in having the forms completed online before your tickets are issued is that you get "express check-in". There's a tag on the outside of ours that says that. When I was reading them over it says you get express check-in if your forms have been completed on-line.

Marilyn

Yea!! Yea!! Yea!!!:D :D :D My passport arrived promptly at 9:00 am this morning!!!! Boy am I thrilled!!!! (can't tell huh?)

Would love to get those documents, but I'm not nearly so anxious over those as I know arrangements can be made.

Talk about excited -- last night we were about to go to sleep and Ernie said - "I can already feel the ship rocking" - I about cracked up because that was EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!!!

I just can't wait to see the beautiful blue water. It is absolutely breathtaking in pictures and I know it must be even more so when you're there. I remember getting my pictures back from Hawaii - when we were in Kauai at the Napali Coast - those cliffs were soaring and honestly brought me to tears, they were so beautiful. When I got the pictures, they were pretty, but nothing like what they are in person. All the pictures do are remind me of how beautiful it was--if FP is like that, I'll be spellbound!!!!

Glad to hear you have your passport back Laura. That is a relief...

We are also relieved and happy to have:

1) received our documents today and

2) sold our house, also today!

Now we can look forward even more to our trip. And just in time, as we leave for B.C. on Monday. We can even start packing now!

Won't be long now...we have friends who board the TP yesterday, and will be following the bridge cam around for the next little while!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

Peter,

Congrats on the house and the documents!! They cut it a little close on the documents though, didn't they? - I hope mine arrive soon - though I'm leaving it to my hubby to deal with that battle, if needed. He's much better at getting people to do things than I am. Plus, I have the 4 million other details to take care of - he just packs himself & shows up (& well - pays the bill!!!! - so I guess it balances out!!!)

How's everyone's packing going?

I don't expect to have some difficulty packing since I've already done it once for this cruise. :D Actually, the first time, I had everything hung up all over the lamps and doorknobs, the suitcases were on the bed and I had put the first few things in when the phone rang.

Within a half hour I was putting most of it back in the closet and trying to get down to 40 lbs. each for the substitute vacation. They even weighed our carry-on!!!

So, here I go again.

steph - you said you've sold your house. Congratulations. Are you right in Toronto?

This is going to give us a break from renovations. Right now I have no kitchen and I really mean that. Just the bare walls - new addition, ceiling up, all drywall up and mudded (well almost). Our friend is building me new cupboards. He just loves to spend our money. :D Washing dishes in the bathroom sink is not a joy.

Another reason to look forward to dining on the cruise :D

Hi Everyone,

I'll probably start packing next weekend we have company this weekend so the packing has been put to one side. I've gotten the medical stuff all put together just incase( cold and flu/tums/immodium/seasickenss stuff etc )gotta be prepared for anything.

It has warmed up a bit and we are expecting some snow but nothing terrible. I am hoping the day we fly out we don't run into any bad weather. If there is even a remote chance that we might get a snow storm we will fly out the day before don't want to take that risk!!

Is anyone staying post cruise? we are staying at the Intercontinental for three nights post cruise our last day our flight departs at 10pm. I am trying to see if the hotel has a day room or see how much it will cost to keep our room unitl at least 6pm. Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Happy Packing!!

Deb

We're staying 3 nights pre-cruise. Our original plan had been 1 night pre and 2 nights post but as our dates changed and we weren't going to be there for New years as originally planned, we decided to change all to pre. We assume we'll do better with our time that way.

We don't arrive until 7:30 in the evening so the first night will just be getting to the hotel and having dinner. As we are flying back on the last day of the cruise I guess we'll just stay on-board until early evening and then get a cab to the airport before the crowd with transfers leaves.

Have you checked with Intercontinental to see if they will have a day room - after all you are staying there anyway.

One of the reasons we're leaving in the 16th is because of the superstition of as big snow storm always happening on St. Patrick's Day. Silly I know, but it gives me an excuse to go early.:D

I did a bit more shopping yesterday. Today I want to lay everything out and see if I need to buy anything else. (I know I don't - it's just a matter of do I want to.):D

The only thing I don't have though is water shoes. I've been trying to find them around here and everyone sends me to a different store but nothing so far. Very annoying.

Oh well, back to work. ;)

We are staying 3 pre in Moorea and one post at the Intercontinental in Tahiti. I have read different things, but somewhere I have heard that they will allow you access to a day room for free if you've stayed there, but keeping your own room is pretty pricey - but I don't remember where I read it - somewhere on Cruise Critic, I think. I would guess the hotel would be very accommodating to you if you've stayed there for three nights.

We also are on the 10pm flight (on the 31st) and are considering eating at the Belvedere Restaurant that evening. They will provide roundtrip transportation - we're thinking of going fairly early and leaving bags at the airport (again, I understand from reading here that they will allow that in Tahiti, unlike the US) and hop a bus to Belvedere (or maybe other restaurant - I've just read that the views from here are spectacular), then they will take you back to the airport in plenty of time to catch the flight. This was suggested by someone's trip report and I thought it sounded nice for the last evening.

Anyone given anymore thought to a meeting place? We're usually up around the pool bar around at sailaway, where is everyone else? Or is there somewhere we could meet beforehand? It's kind of hard to decide, since none of us have been on this ship before. We'll probably board late afternoon on the 20th - not in a big hurry since we'll be coming from Moorea, probably on the last ferry. Anytime after that is fine with us - but I'm guessing the 21st would be best since some are probably not arriving until fairly late on the 20th.

I'm assuming we will check in fairly early so that we can leave our bags onboard on the 20th and then leave the ship again. I suppose that partly depends on what we've been doing during the 2 days we've already been there. (I don't count the first as we arrive in the evening and there won't be much to do.)

I've heard a lot about the Belvedere restuarant as well and I've been thinking we may go there on our second or even third night. We'll be returning right after the cruise. We both have to be back to work on the Monday and I really would like us to have the weekend to get the time change adjustment to our systems. With David being an electrician, I don't want him to be tired when he starts back to work. That could be dangerous for him.

I'm going to do a bit of research on the restaurant now and see if they have a webpage.

Marilyn

Archived