Tahitian Princess March 20th, 2006 who's going?

rob&deb

ubsueg - it's nice to meet others who are going on this sailing.

I'm curious - are you flying straight through as ATN has flights directly from NYC?

Yes flying non-stop from JFK, ATN changed our non-stop on the way back. We now have to make a stop at LAX.

Hi Kathy & Sue,

Welcome!!

We may be intereted in one of Patrick's Tours on Tahiti, I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. I want to go set some flowers in the morning on the 21st, so possibly an afternoon - thanks for posting the specific info.

Laura

Welcome Honeymooner's.

This will be a nice mix of pax. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I am so anxious for this cruise. I ordered a new pair of snorkel fins and they arrived this week. I tried them on several times and was dreaming of the South Pacific.

Laura -- my dreams also include an OWB. But we are using FF points and will be in a "regular" room too. Does "regular" apply when you are in paradise?

Welcome to our new posters. It is nice to see our group growing! Hopefully we will have the occasion to meet early on in the cruise.

We cruised on the Sapphire Princess from LA to Sydney in November/December 2004. When we stopped in Papeete, we took Patrick's all day 4 x 4 tour with a group of fellow CC'ers (and others - we were in two vehicles). It was an excellent tour and we can recommend it highly.

So far, we have booked Marc's in Huahine, Taravana Sunset in Bora Bora, and most recently, we have booked Bruno's snorkelling/pearl/vanilla in Raiatea.

Three weeks today, we leave for the first leg of our journey!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

Welcome Honeymooner's.

This will be a nice mix of pax. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I am so anxious for this cruise. I ordered a new pair of snorkel fins and they arrived this week. I tried them on several times and was dreaming of the South Pacific.

Laura -- my dreams also include an OWB. But we are using FF points and will be in a "regular" room too. Does "regular" apply when you are in paradise?

I agree - great mix of passengers

As to the OWB......I wouldn't care if it was a tent as long as it was on Moorea, I'd still be happy!!!!

Peter & Steph - 3 weeks - how wonderful!!!! That makes is seem really close - we're only a couple weeks behind you.

Laura

:D Lucky you. We haven't seen ours yet. I was actually checking with our TA on the weekend as I still have our unused tickets from the Christmas cruise that wasn't. I kept them in case we were expected to use them again. (don't ask me why I thought that.)

Anyway, TA said to throw them away we'll get new about about 2 weeks out. Of course, I won't through them out (actually shred them) until I get the news ones in my hands. :D

I'm out of town this week (as I am every other week! for work). Called home last night and WOO-HOO the cruise docs have arrived. I can hardly focus on work as I want to rush home to see them:D

Yea!!! Congrats on the Document Dance!!!! I hope I'm joining you soon!! Not yet today, though.

Laura:D :D :D

To all Sunset Cruisers,

I am working on getting the confirmation. As a bad type-A personality, I am having difficulty understanding what is taking so long. I have e-mailed her again asking for something. She confirmed she got the check I mailed almost two weeks ago and the she will send the confirmations - I'll forward as soon as I get it - I'm pushing for it soon to be sure we get it well before Peter and Steph leave.

I'll let you know when I get any further updates.

Arranging these excursions half way around the world is killing me and I only reserved a few. I never have been able to hook up with Air Moorea, I"m just hoping they have some seats when we get there I guess!!! I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Laura:D

Hi all!!!

Had a few headaches here!!! When I read the princess info, I noticed they require that your passport is valid 6 months past the completion date of your travel. Who thinks about when their passport expires??!!! Mine does about 5 1/2 months after the date of our travel!!! After a few very long phone calls, I am advised that I am ok. I had thought so, since I researched already and all the islands only require passport to be valid for 1 month past the ending date of the cruise - whew!!!

For us Tara Vana passengers, I've been very nervous about the confirmation -- alas!! I finally got it and e-mailed a copy to all of you.

I'm really starting to get the fever now!!!

Welcome Honeymooners!!!

It's not long now!!

Thanks again Laura for taking the lead on arranging the Sunset Cruise MUCH appreciated!

The weather has been a bit warmer these past few days but it is going to change over the weekend cold again.

We still have not received our tickets yet but from reading and speaking to princess we won't receive them unitl 2-3 weeks prior to departure.

I am going shopping this weekend looking for bathing suits. Has anyone looked online? Let me know.

We'll have to decide where and when to meet. Rob and I only get on board 10pm the night of the 20th. I'd hate to miss the first gathering! What about the 21st while sailing away??

I would have loved to fly out of JFK direct to PPT, however we are going the milk route, Halifax to Newark, Newark to LAX and LAX to PPT, we leave Monday March 20th at 6:15 am and arrive in PPT 10PM the same night...it's gone be a long day but it will be worth every minute!!!

Deborah

I just wanted to say thank you for organizing the Sunset Cruise for us. It is very much appreciated. :D

You're very welcome. I'm just thrilled that others were interested so we were able to do it. I think we'll have a great, cozy cruise. I've read nothing but wonderful reviews about it, on this board, other boards, and Jan Prince's book.

I hope it lives up to its reputation -- I'm sure it will'!!!!!!:D :D At $34pp less than the Princess excursion and only 10 passengers - I think it can only be great!!!!

Hi Rob and Deb

Great idea to meet on board. Sailaway sounds like a good time, to make sure everyone has arrived. If anyone knows the ship layout well, perhaps they could suggest a good spot?

One month tomorrow!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

A sailaway meet sounds good to us too!!

Would anyone be interested in contributing their photo to a photoalbum with our cruisemates in it? A lady on our upcoming trip on Sovereign put one together using Comcast Photo Show. I think I could figure it out, if anyone wants to send me their pictures via e-mail to lhbsurf@comcast.net, I could post an album so we would know what each other looked like.

If not, that's fine too, but on our last cruise, it was certainly easier to link up when when knew what each other looked like.

I'm starting to get obsessed with this trip - not sure how I'm going to make it another month!!!

Hi Laura.

Great idea about pictures, thanks for offering to do that. We will send you something via e-mail as suggested. We have done that before and it definitely helps - even better than wearing something identifiable!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

I'll have to search my puter and see if I have one of us together. Usually it's one or the other of us taking the pics or it's a group shot and there's 10 other people in it.

Laura, I'm making an assumption here but I assume we will meet at the airport in LA since we're going to be on the same flight out.

A sail-away party will be great. We'll be there :D

More passport troubles..:mad: ..a long story, but those I spoke with last week didn't know what they were talking about - so I'm basically having to pay someone in Washington DC to take my passport in person to be renewed, then Fed Ex back to me. I'm a nervous wreck - I won't get it back until March 1.

So.....Marilyn, assuming I make it to the airport (just kidding), I'm sure we'll be waiting for the flight together - it would make a good place to meet.

MichTraveler - got the pic - thanks! I'll begin putting the album together. It'll give me something to do to help keep my mind off my passport - keep the pics coming!!!

Laura

Laura - sorry you're having trouble with your passport. I know the expiry date thing but we've travelled before within that 6 month timeframe and never had a problem. We did Europe 2 years ago and my passport was within the 6 months. I had no problem.

I'll look on my puter for the pic this weekend or sooner if I can.

I thought about taking my chancesand think I have a good chance of being ok, but the Princess Cruise Personalizer won't take my passport number and lists my immigration info as incomplete. I keep getting messages that they may deny boarding if I don't complete the information 14 days prior to departure.

I hate having to send the passport off, but I should have it back by March 1 - in time to complete all paperwork etc...so I don't have to worry about it. I"ll have a miserable few days though.

My passport expired last year. I needed it for travel in March and May so couldn't send it away until June. I kept hoping I wouldn't get an international assignment until it came back. I got it in 3-4 weeks if I remember, but I felt lost without it. They did send the old one back with a cancelled stamp. I had a friend who flew to one of the passport centers just to get something expedited.

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see that everyone thinks the Sailaway thing is a good idea.

Laura hang in there with the passport thing. I know exactly how you feel , you feel helpless as it is out of your control been there before but somehow it works out in the end!!

I'll send a Photo of Rob and I this weekend.

Times a tickn' this month flew by!!

Deb & Rob;)

Archived