Tahitian Princess March 20th, 2006 who's going?

rob&deb

Yea!!! I'm so glad ya'll (you'll get used to my southern twang when we meet!!) are interested. We'll have a great time!!!

Deb, I've got you down, but please e-mail me at LHBsurf@comcast.net and I'll send you my address. My husband's rather cautious and doesn't want me posting it on a message board.

I'll call and finalize plans as soon as I log off. She's holding it for me, but I wanted to check with you all first.

I'm so excited!!!!

Laura:D

Hi Laura,

As soon as I sent my last reply I noticied your e-mail address. I'll send you an e-mail today.Re address on the message board don't blame you, you just never know.

Thanks again Laura for getting this arranged.

We got all of our cruise information yesterday. We booked our air through princess and we are going to have one busy day on the 20th. We leave Nova Scotia at 6:15am and we arrive in Papatee at 10:00pm that same night at least we'll have a bed to fall into and I am hoping we'l fell rested when wewake up on the 22nd to enjoy Papatee,if we don't that;s OK too as we are staying for three days after the cruise in Tahiti.

Less than 8 weeks away!!!.

So what excursions has everyone booked? I'll start.. we've booked Marc's, with Laura's help the Sunset Cruise, posibly Bruno's but I've been hearing bad things about this one from other postings..any infor, and we are looking at possibly two through princess but we haven't mde up our minds yet..this willbe done before the end of today once I fill in the cruise personalizer!!

Can't wait!!

Deb and Rob:)

Booked three Princess excursions: snorkeling on Huahine, Raiatea, and Bora Bora. Got flight verification from the TA this weekend. We had already called ATN for seat assignments in December. Got 9 inches of snow on Friday night. Spent 3 hours on Saturday with the snow-blower dreaming of Tahiti!

We've booked:

-Marc's 4x4 - picnic

-Drift Snorkel on Raiatea thru Princess

-Taravana Sunset.

I am attempting to reserve with Miki Miki Jet Ski Tours on Bora Bora having communication troubles. I may book Dr. Poole's dolphin for Moorea. Am trying to decide if we want to do that while we're there pre-cruise or on the cruise day.

I'm still working on the million little details - it's really going to be here before we know it!!

Laura

Hi all.

We haven't posted in a few days as we have been knee-deep in real estate buying and selling. Neither end is a done deal, but we hope it will be concluded successfuly before we depart for our trip.

Regarding tours, we have booked Marc's 4 x 4 and motu picnic, and have just sent Laura a money order to cover 4 of us for the Sunset Cruise in Bora Bora. We haven't decided about any other tours, Princess or independent.

Not long now, less than 6 weeks until we depart (I know because we are scheduling haircuts!!:D )

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

Hi all,

The only excursion we have booked as of now is with Marc. Well that isn't true is it, I sent a money order to Laura on Tuesday for the Sunset Sail on Bora Bora as well:p

I don't know what else we will do, but most likely wait until we arrive. I have been advised that it's easy enough to do excursions right at the dock.

Hi everyone!

So far for excursions we have booked and confiremd the following

Huahine- Marc's pinic tour

Raiatea- Horseback riding with Princess

Bora Bora-Sunset Cruise-arranged by Laura- Money order on it's way

Moorea- Catamaran Sailing through Princess.

The other ports we will decide once we arrive probably find a nice beach and do some shopping and sightseeing.

I had a questions about how much cash should you bring? I've tried to look in other posts but have come up empty.Any suggestions? Exchange Money in LAX or Papatee? Money for Rarotonga?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) .

I've started to get my clothes inorder i.e. determine what fits, what needs to be dry cleaned etc.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Deb and Rob;)

I would love to go horseback riding, but DH isn't keen on it. I'll have to wait until we're on the ship to see if I can convince him.

I've changed $500 Canadian into Tahitian money. I've only done this because we are going to be there 3 nights pre-cruise and I know we'll need cash during that time. It probably won't be enough based on the information I've head about the prices there, but if we need more I'll get it there. Anything major we'll use cc for anyway.

I've also been told it's better to change your money at Papeeta airport.

I've read somewhere that one of the islands uses New Zealand money however I can't remember which one.

Something interesting, I obsess so I'm continually checking on Princess and Travelocity to see what's available, (well at least once or twice a week anyway). The last time I checked there was lots of availabilty. For example, there are only 4 AC and we have one. The other 3 have been available all the way along. There have been lots of minis and balconies available. Today there is only one catagory of balcony available and no minis. I wonder if a group has booked on this cruise now?????

Since we were originally suppose to go back in December, I had gone through all our clothes at that time, got the dry cleaning done then and everything. :p I ended up just putting all the fancy duds back in the closet because we only needed casual to go to the Dominican. At this point, everything is ready to go into the suitcases.

We're having a really super mild winter here so I'm not as anxious as I thought I would be since we changed dates, (and if you believe that :p :p ) actually I'm more anxious since we almost got there.

Talk to you all soon.

Marilyn - it's Rarotonga that uses NZ dollars, which they say makes the pearls cheaper. It is also the island that they frequently can't disembark the ship because the seas are too rough. I'm wanting to do some black pearl shopping there - but don't have my heart set on it, in case we can't get off the ship.

You all are really ahead of me - I've still got to find a day room in LAX for the return trip and I haven't gotten around to calling ATN for seats. I don't know what to request anyway, except hubby usually likes a window. When I used to travel frequently, I wanted as close to the front as possible, so I could jump off ASAP. Anyone have any pointers for seat requests?

I purchased a new camera and have got to get the snorkel equipment ready to go, then I'll be looking to the outfits - I always pack too many, but enjoy having options on what to wear.

Laura

Laura,

I found when making the seast request that, although they are very nice, they don't give many options. We were lucky this time, we have window seats but we are about 1/2 way back.

I would suggest you call them as soon as possible especially as it looks like they've sold a large group.

You're on the same flight as we are I believe which can be helpful as it's a few days early.

I wasn't planning on getting a day room at LAX on the way back. I'm hoping we can fly out on stand-by with United as we aren't suppose to fly til 9:30 that night. I thought we would try that anyway. Otherwise, we'll probably check in our luggage early and grab a cab and go to Venus Beach or some such thing.

As far as the seating I do remember being told when we were originally suppose to go that the earlier you get to the airport, the better location you can get even if you already have seats.

For ATN seats, they have 2 - 4 - 2 configuration. So if you reserve early, you have a better chance of getting the "2" configuration which is a window and aisle perfect for 2.

I checked the bookings online and yes, it looks like all the suites, minis, and balconies are sold. Disappeared since last week. Maybe it is some group. Makes it difficult to have the upgrade fairy move me up if all those cabins are sold-out. Just happy to be on the ship!

I got lucky I think. When I called ATN yesterday, they said I already had seat assignments - 17 a & b. It looks like it's in the mid-way back, maybe a little forward and she said it is a Window. Ernie will be glad, though I don't think the ocean is too interesting for hours at a time!!! I'm hoping I can nap a bit.

I'm busy making my lists and final purchases and getting very excited:D !!!!

Laura

My husband George and I are the 2 phantom friends that Steph and Peter have referred to. We are looking forward to the trip too, but have had a plate full for many months. We can now see are way clear to do some planning. Have been enjoying all the "chatter" on the site though.

Heather

Vancouver,BC

hello heddy (fellow Canadian),

As this is our second try for this cruise (all because of good things mind you) we are really looking forward to it.

We each received an e-mail from Princess today so I guess the time is getting close. :p

Actually we are really getting anxious - even though we enjoyed the Dominician at Christmas we really were set for this cruise.

Welcome heddy,

My husband and I are fellow Canadians as well, Halifax Nova Scotia...small world!!! Heather is your last name Eddy?? As that is my last name just curious.

We too received an e-mail from princess yesterday. We called princess a few days ago to confirm a few things and inquired about out airline tickets, they should be arriving within the next two weeks .Only five weeks away. This weekend was spent going through clothing to see hat fits and what needs to go to the cleaners.

Soon, soon!!!!

Deb

Brrrr - winter's back - or I should say has finally arrived I guess. We've had such unbelievable mild weather here for winter this year. It made it easier to bear the waiting but now that it's gotten cold again, we're getting anxious all over again. :D

Not packing quite yet, busy gathering things.

I got the check sent for the Sunset Tour on Monday - I made final arrangements for day room at LAX - everything is set now, finally!!!!

Can't get here soon enough for me - it's snowing here tonight for the first time this season.

Laura

We have been unable to access the CC Boards for about two weeks; we finally called our ISP who helped us troubleshoot the problem. It seems that our router started to block the boards site (not the main site for some reason!). Anyway, happy to be back 'on board'.

Glad to have our silent partner Heather sign on! It is also interesting how many Canadians are on this roll call.

We are less than 4 weeks from departure, as we fly out to B.C. on March 6. We will have to get at our To Do list in earnest now. It will be a challenge to pack for all the different airlines we will be on: Air Canada, WestJet, ATN and Air Moorea.

Just checking in to say hello!

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. We haven't started packing just yet, we're in the trying on stage to see what fits and what needs to be dry cleaned. I can't wait, today it is a -14 degrees celcius burrr.

It willl be nice to feel that warm humid air !!!

Have a great weekend, it isn't long now!!

Deb and Rob

Oh yuk - 14C!! We're complaining here because it's snowing and 35 F.

I took a nap today and dreamed I was in Moorea in an OWB (we just have a regular room - but since I was dreaming......) lounging on the beach and then cruising by the pool ordering foo foo drinks!!!

I was so mad when my kids slammed the door and woke me up!!! I think I'm hopeless - not sure how I'm going to make it 5 more weeks!!!!

Laura:)

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I have been trolling these boards ( just alittle shy..) and have received so much information. There will be 4 of us-mid 50's- sailing with you. We are from Long Island New York. 4 1/2 weeks and counting...

Hello to everyone! My fiancé and I are in our early 30’s and will be sailing on this cruise for the first part of our honeymoon. We are booked on Marc’s Motu Picnic on Huahine, so it looks like we’ll meet some of y’all on the 22nd. We are also signed up to do Patrick’s all-day 4X4 tour of Tahiti on the 21st. If anyone else is interested in that, the email I received from Patrick with the specifics is pasted below. His website is http://www.papeete.com/patrick/index.html. I believe that the Princess half-day 4X4 tour of Tahiti is $89, so this seems to be a much better deal!

Also, we are planning on scuba diving in Bora Bora and Rarotonga(if we tender), but are still trying to decide which operators to book with. If anyone else is interested, I’ll let you know what we decide on.

PATRICK’S EMAIL

“Ia orana, Nice to meet you.

There is an half day tour on morning or afternoon. The price is 4500 pacific Francs per person. (between 45 and 47 US $). And there is a full day tour from 8.30am to 4.00pm. The price is 6500 pacific Francs per person without lunch. (between 65 and 67 US $).

In the full day tour, we talk about flora, fauna, geology, archeology, and history...

We stop very often on the way for pictures and swim in the waterfalls. In the 1/2 tour it's really too short to talk about all...

For the lunch, you can bring some food from your hotel with you or you can buy some sandwich on the way like me. It's good and not expensive.

Bring with you : swim suit and towel, cap or hat, sun and mosquitoes cream, sandals/shoes, camera and water.

The pick up will be from the pier. You will pay at the end of the tour. If you can change before the tour, I prefer the local currency. I can take 9 people maximum in one car. To book, you have to send me an email.” patrickaventure@mail.pf

Kathy

Archived