For Me, It's Buh-bye Celebrity

heidik

I can verify from personal experience having been in an SS1 on the Summit just last month that I received every single one of the amenities I listed, including the fresh flowers. There is even a vase built in to the desk for the flowers.

So yes these amenities are accurate for the Summit.

Well, I'm glad to hear that, I honestly am. I love having flowers in our room and that will make me really happy. I have been relying on the list of amenties shown on the Celebrity website under Sky Suite under the "Staterooms" selection, and flowers aren't listed; neither is fresh OJ. I've only ever stayed in CC class and RS once and had flowers each time, so that was great...hopefully I'll get to enjoy them in our SS as well! :)

Well, I'm glad to hear that, I honestly am. I love having flowers in our room and that will make me really happy. I have been relying on the list of amenties shown on the Celebrity website under Sky Suite under the "Staterooms" selection, and flowers aren't listed; neither is fresh OJ. I've only ever stayed in CC class and RS once and had flowers each time, so that was great...hopefully I'll get to enjoy them in our SS as well! :)

No worries! I wish I had taken a picture of the expanded room service breakfast menu. I'll have to see if I brought one home. It lists fresh squeezed juice right on it. You know with CC class you get the expanded menu and the suites are expanded a little more to include the cappucino's and espressos. It's also really nice when they bring the tea cart around in the afternoon ahead of the canapes that come around 4:30. We ate so much food the whole cruise!! Our butler would leave sandwiches and cookies for us when we weren't in our room because he knew what we liked. Excellent!

You correctly sized up the situation... The Spa is run by a third party and they are not particularly friendly! We did use the Spa for 12 days tho!!! and I have to say.. the best part, was the steam room!!!!... the rest EH!!!...

there are plenty of other places to quietly relax for free...cheers

TO HULAMOON,

Yes Research is a "hangover" from my working days... but it comes in handy for someone who likes to Travel and plan vacations away :)

As for my REVIEW... this really is my first day back to feeling half-normal post cruise... we were very exhausted and suffering a bit from land-sickness / sea-legs (so the first day that I've been browsing the CC Boards).

My REVIEW will be quite long.. lol, I have a lot to say, and lots of great info to share with others (including the 2012 Celebrity Wine List) ... have just begun the drafting process today (and the laundry :( )

Will certainly post a topic here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD when both are available in a ready to read format ...

Cheers!

I can't wait!!!

You correctly sized up the situation... The Spa is run by a third party and they are not particularly friendly! We did use the Spa for 12 days tho!!! and I have to say.. the best part, was the steam room!!!!... the rest EH!!!...

there are plenty of other places to quietly relax for free...cheers

Fanny75, I have had spa treatments on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America, and NCL, which are all Elemis Spas. Yet, for some reason Celebrity is the only place where I've experienced non stop selling during a spa treatment. I don't know if that is a coincidence or whether Celebrity encourages them to do it. On our Holland America Cruise I had a very pleasant surprise when I went to pay for my spa treatment and was told that my daughter had already paid for it. It was a three generation Thanksgiving cruise with my daughter's family and when I thanked her for it, she replied "Merry Christmas" a little early :)

Fanny75, I have had spa treatments on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America, and NCL, which are all Elemis Spas. Yet, for some reason Celebrity is the only place where I've experienced non stop selling during a spa treatment. I don't know if that is a coincidence or whether Celebrity encourages them to do it. On our Holland America Cruise I had a very pleasant surprise when I went to pay for my spa treatment and was told that my daughter had already paid for it. It was a three generation Thanksgiving cruise with my daughter's family and when I thanked her for it, she replied "Merry Christmas" a little early :)

Ditto on the non stop selling...just remember this IS a business.. and this Spa milks it for all its worth!!( I am sure Celebrity gets a good cut from all the upsells)

Ditto on the non stop selling...just remember this IS a business.. and this Spa milks it for all its worth!!( I am sure Celebrity gets a good cut from all the upsells)

but in my case they would get more if they shut up! I now no longer go to the spa for treatments on Celebrity as a result, though I still go on Azamara where the upsell is so low key as to be hard to spot (and yes, I have bought products there as a result)

• 1 month later...

We are sailing in a CS on Summit in June.We are a family of 4 (2 teenagers) and chose the suite mainly for the space. We have done a few previous cruises, including Princess and RCI and are generally low maintenance passengers. By far, the best butler service was on Costa Victoria, sailing out of Venice in 2010. Lien was a wonderful butler, so gracious and helpful. I was actually embarrassed by her efficiency at times because she was so prompt with any requests. If Costa can get it right, a more up-market cruise line like Celebrity can too. We are looking forward to a great trip to Bermuda:)

Archived