Super Bowl commercials at sea?

w8ing2cruz

Now that my beloved Packers won't be making it a Pack to Pack day on February 5th :( the only reason I'll be watching the game is for the commercials. I thought I read somewhere that due to some copyright or international water laws or something that they can't show them on a ship?? Please tell me it ain't so :o

Don't feel bad. I'm a life-long 49er fan, and we're flying from the west coast to Florida the day of the Super Bowl to go on a cruise with Carnival on the "Miracle". I doubt if it will be carried by Southwest, and a one-hour layover in KC won't allow me to see much of the game. Hopefully, they'll still beat the Giants and go on to carry on the tradition of the great 49er teams of the 80's.

The 15-1 Packers though they had it made. They beat the Giants by a small margin in the regular season, plus they were at home.... how did that work out for the Pack?

Sounds eerily like some conversations in the bay area right now I'm sure. Go Big Blue!

Can anyone else weigh in on the COMMERCIALS? What happens during that 'dead' time? It might sway my decision on whether or not I skip the game to have my last dinner in the MDR. Anyone else been on a Carnival ship during the Super Bowl??

Last year on Spirit we where sailing away as the Super Bowl was playing. It was weird boarding the ship and heading straight to the lounge to watch the game. It was a lot of fun though they have munchies right in the lounge and give aways and a neat "living room" set up. YES commerical's where shown (that was the only reason I stayed to watch) If I remember right they had the kid Darth Vader/ remote start and the one where the guy licks the other guys fingers after eating cheetos.

We will be sailing this year during the Bowl I hope for the same fun! If we get going and no commericals I will have to find something better to do!

Being Canadian, we were so looking forward to finally seeing the American commercials as we watch the Superbowl on the Miracle this year. Normally because we don't get to watch those commercials, we have to wait and hope they are shown the next day on some tv show. Not fair! Neither is the fact that my Packers are watching the game from home. :(

Now that my beloved Packers won't be making it a Pack to Pack day on February 5th :( the only reason I'll be watching the game is for the commercials. I thought I read somewhere that due to some copyright or international water laws or something that they can't show them on a ship?? Please tell me it ain't so :o

I feel your pain. I was in Hong Kong, which meant the game was on at 5:30 am HK time. I wish I would've stayed in bed. I can't stand Eli Manning (felt this way since he was in college)...I don't care who wins the Super Bowl as long as it's not the Giants because I don't want Eli getting another ring.

I was in London for Super Bowl XLIII. No commercials shown...it was weird. You'd see about ten seconds of a commercial at a break, and then they'd cut to soccer commercials. I may have to go to London again this year. I'm no longer fighting it since I won't be going to Indy.

On a funny note, we had a video conference from HK to the home office in Chicago on Tuesday. On the attendee slide, I was listed as "chigirlcruzin - Packers fan, has no plans for February." Nice work by my counterpart :)

Being Canadian' date=' we were so looking forward to finally seeing the American commercials as we watch the Superbowl on the Miracle this year. Normally because we don't get to watch those commercials, we have to wait and hope they are shown the next day on some tv show. Not fair! Neither is the fact that my Packers are watching the game from home. :([/quote']

Unfortunately, the Packers lost fair and square :(

The commercials for sure will be available on the web sites of the sponsoring companies as they are an event in themselves and cost that much.

I have found many on youtube as well, nothing like more free publicity for a company / product after paying so much for your 30"

On the Carnival Victory last year, leaving from Puerto Rico, the Super Bowl ads were mostly not the regular ones we see in the 50 States. Many of them were in Spanish, many were local ads for local places, and a few I believe were the regular ones from the 50 States (they seemed like Super Bowl-type ads and I hadn't seen them before). So, don't get your hopes up about seeing the wonderful Super Bowl ads on a ship, sorry!

Watching the game on a ship is fun even if your team isn't in it, though!

Seriously people Tevo or record the game however you can because they are going to show an award winning commercial for the Chevy Camero. I promise you you won't want to miss it. It is the funniest thing I've ever seen. My DH and I roared when we saw it. We laughed so loud our DS came running to see what we were laughing at. He just about died laughing when we replayed it for him. Trust me you don't want to miss it!:D

Archived