Extra charge of 92USD after full paiment!?

Verfai

Hello all,

I paid in full for my cruise (LOS 5d MED 05/28) on December 23 2011, today I notice an outstanding balance of 72EUR’s (92 USD) with no explanation, no email, no notification what so ever!?

Anybody know what this can be, to my understanding once the cruise is paid in full, there cannot be any additional costs or am I wrong???

I contacted the reservation department, for now via mail as I want to avoid calling the US till there is no other way due to telephone cost...This was a nice price for a 5days cruise, however adding another 100 Dollars is not a small amount imo!

Grtz

Did you recently add on, pre-paid tips?

Jimbo:)

11.65 a day for tips does not equal $92.........11.65 x 5= 58.25(and if he is not going alone $116.50..

Not the soda package either....thats $6.50 a day(x 5=32.50).

No wine packages that cheap...(I wish!)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm OP..guess you just need to call and find out or just wait for that email...

11.65 a day for tips does not equal $92.........11.65 x 5= 58.25(and if he is not going alone $116.50..

Not the soda package either....thats $6.50 a day(x 5=32.50).

No wine packages that cheap...(I wish!)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm OP..guess you just need to call and find out or just wait for that email...

Maybe it has something to do with the euro conversion, why it isn't $116.50? Hey I'm just guessing here,give me a break huh?:rolleyes:

Maybe it has something to do with the euro conversion, why it isn't $116.50? Hey I'm just guessing here,give me a break huh?:rolleyes:

I wasn't correcting you..........just trying to eliminate things...

Could be you chose MTD, which is auto-pay on tips, or (YIKES) fuel surcharge, purchase such as wine package, soda package, excursion(s), etc.

Agree. Could it be an excursion or else transfers to/from the airport? The costs of these are tacked onto your reservation confirmation, though in my experience the balance is always zero because they were paid at time of purchase via credit card.

Can you access your reservation online? In the US, the reservation payment section will clearly outline your costs.

Oh dear…There is trouble a foot………Some more info and numbers, as I wasn’t very clear apparently :D Its non of the above :)

First of all, I HATE THE RCI HELPDESK!!! Is it sooooooo hard to add one sentence in the mail, "we have not received to correct amount" or some more info!? This is the second time RCI sends such a rude mail to me GRRRRRR.

They just replied to my mail with a simple PDF attached to it, no extra info anywhere, where after reading it 6 times, according to RCI…They only received 1444.10 EUR from me!?

This while my payment history clearly says I paid in full the amount of 1516.10…So today all of a sudden they are missing 72 EUR.

I have contacted my bank, and they have redirected me the ATOS, who have confirmed that there has been a transfer of 1516.10 EUR to RCI…So the problem is at their side.

I have just send a mail, with the compliments of ATOS, that it is not me but them that should call their money transfer helpdesk…

Let’s see how its continues, If I find out that its one of their glitches with the ever so well functioning website…This will not be the end of it as I am very sure they will except the extra 72 EUR without any hesitation and not say a word.

And the sequel….

Just got this mail back from RCI:

Greetings

$72 EUR is al charge for Travel Protection (we use Assist Card). Please

advise if you want this part of your reservation. If not , it can be

removed.

Regards

And indeed on the invoice…

ASSIST CARD NIGHTLY COVER

ASSIST CARD FINAL DAY DEB

As I understand this is for helping a disabled person??? How did this get in my reservation…Thinking of filling a complaint…This has cost me an entire afternoon of looking up and calling banks.

If it's for Travel Protection, it's probably your travel insurance. Its an option to add it on when booking a cruise, and they might have just automatically included it. The price seems about right for insurance.

It would be up to you if you want to keep it or not. I personally won't travel without travel insurance but to each their own.

If it's for Travel Protection, it's probably your travel insurance. Its an option to add it on when booking a cruise, and they might have just automatically included it. The price seems about right for insurance.

It would be up to you if you want to keep it or not. I personally won't travel without travel insurance but to each their own.

As a European we are insured as the best :D so I already have all needed insurance….However the story is actually deeper than this, thanks to my girl for pointing this out as I read over it :D.

There is already 1516.15 Euro transferred to RCI, the 72 Euros they claim to be the insurance I never selected at any point is already in that 1516.10 Euro total…So now they add another 72 Euro…So something is defiantly wrong.

Now I have just called them 5min ago on the phone, they got the picture and will refund the 72 Euros back to my credit card...So this story ends with a Cheaper cruise!? Strange doh that an insurance that I never selected had been added to my cruise that made the total price more expensive….Is this a true mistake or a devious move of RCI????

As a European we are insured as the best :D so I already have all needed insurance….However the story is actually deeper than this, thanks to my girl for pointing this out as I read over it :D.

There is already 1516.15 Euro transferred to RCI, the 72 Euros they claim to be the insurance I never selected at any point is already in that 1516.10 Euro total…So now they add another 72 Euro…So something is defiantly wrong.

Now I have just called them 5min ago on the phone, they got the picture and will refund the 72 Euros back to my credit card...So this story ends with a Cheaper cruise!? Strange doh that an insurance that I never selected had been added to my cruise that made the total price more expensive….Is this a true mistake or a devious move of RCI????

Why stop at 72 Euro? Sounds to me like you got them on the run. Try and get another 100 out of them!

Why stop at 72 Euro? Sounds to me like you got them on the run. Try and get another 100 out of them!

LOL, well those that have already met me in real life on these boards know that I can be very direct, even in a language that is not my own :D...And trust me I really was mad and on a roll when they decided to make 72 Euro disappear into thin air! The guy from the helpdesk just silenced when I had to point him to the mistake, as he two did not get the picture at first...

I do have to add, via phone the communication went very well! Unlike via mailings, they were using full sentences and giving more information and especially very friendly.

This made me check my own bookings, on it says

On Board Service Charge 49.06 (pounds) is that for pre paid tips ??

Normally like to pay them myself

Errr, no it shouldn't, pre paid tips are called Prepaid Gratuities in your billing history (at least in my history)...Call them if you want to be sure! If I would not have been the kind of person that checks the reservation nearly every two days, I would not have noticed any issue until is was to late.

Eesh! Sounds like a mess. Glad you got it cleared up but that sucks that it took all afternoon! I'd probably chalk this one up to RCI's fabulous IT department. I feel like everything can/should be blamed on them. Haha!

It probably is, I just remembered that there were two items in the online booking that where just marked as "( )"n really nothing else, with a check box...Above that part there was a mention of the taxes, so I thought these where the taxes...So unknowingly I assumed wrong and arranged travel insurance....They need to get the site problems fixed fast!

Glad your issues were resolved. It brings up two important points:

Your problems is why I always book directly through the telephone reps. We go through the booking verbally and then they send an email confirmation outlining the entire booking. If something like travel insurance is included - it can then be disputed.

Second, a telephone call could have immediately cleared up the problem, I had a question also when we made a change to our reservation and a credit was dropped from my payment history. A telephone call and a printed copy of the history compared to intermediate copies of my history cleared it up and all was resolved. If I had relied on emails I would still be trying to fix the problem.

Now, enjoy your cruise and report back on what a great time you had.

Glad your issues were resolved. It brings up two important points:

Your problems is why I always book directly through the telephone reps. We go through the booking verbally and then they send an email confirmation outlining the entire booking. If something like travel insurance is included - it can then be disputed.

Second, a telephone call could have immediately cleared up the problem, I had a question also when we made a change to our reservation and a credit was dropped from my payment history. A telephone call and a printed copy of the history compared to intermediate copies of my history cleared it up and all was resolved. If I had relied on emails I would still be trying to fix the problem.

Now, enjoy your cruise and report back on what a great time you had.

Well, normally I would definitely agree that a phone call is always better for complaints, and I do so over here trust me, I love scaring helpdesks when I am pissed off.

However…Let me ask you, if you have to call Brussels in Belgium out of South Carolina for a mistake on the other side, would you really instantly pick up the phone???

I have no clue yet what those 10 minutes to Miami will have cost me yet, but I am willing to bet it will not be the cheapest call I ever made :D…So I tried to resolve it via mailings, if one person at the helpdesk would have read my first mail in full depth instead of just reading diagonally they would have resolved it…Apparently not.

Archived