Extra charge of 92USD after full paiment!?

Verfai

Even though the OP's issue is solved there is one thing that can be charged to you no matter if you are past final payment or not. It is clearly stated that if the price of fuel exceeds a certain price the cruise line can impose a fuel surcharge to your cruise fare. This can take place even if you are already on your cruise, it will show up on your Seapass account.

It does not mean that they will do it but it is possible for them to do so.

Well, normally I would definitely agree that a phone call is always better for complaints, and I do so over here trust me, I love scaring helpdesks when I am pissed off.

However…Let me ask you, if you have to call Brussels in Belgium out of South Carolina for a mistake on the other side, would you really instantly pick up the phone???

I have no clue yet what those 10 minutes to Miami will have cost me yet, but I am willing to bet it will not be the cheapest call I ever made :D…So I tried to resolve it via mailings, if one person at the helpdesk would have read my first mail in full depth instead of just reading diagonally they would have resolved it…Apparently not.

I would call right away from the US to Europe because it really does not cost me very much, I pay a set price per month of $20.00 a month no mater how long I talk anywhere:D

I would call right away from the US to Europe because it really does not cost me very much, I pay a set price per month of $20.00 a month no mater how long I talk anywhere:D

It is much cheaper to call from the States than from Europe. I just got my Mom an international plan to call the Old Country because she enccourages her sister not to call her form Italy as it is quite expensive--no tel competition as we have here.

Mine was a typical American answer. I thought they would have a local or at least toll free number for individuals booking from other countries to call.

Well my European answer to that is yet again, this in one of the strange ways of working that RCI applies :D.

They do have a local Belgium number...HOWEVER, when you make an online booking as I did, anywhere in the world, only the Miami office can help you. Not the best way of working in my opinion for exactly a situation as I was in...But its resolved, for 92 USD I can drink a few cocktails, whooooo :D

I think I could pretty easily take care of $92 in OBC.

I always book through the telephone reps. I have been all set to make changes on line and thankfully not been able to and have had to talk to a real person who prevented me from really screwing up. :rolleyes:

I would love to have your phone plan, that is so cheap. :D But really, I understand why the OP didn't call immediately. Would you call immediately if you had to call in a language that's not your own? I think not. Been there, don't that, and it wasn't fun

Cindy

I would love to have your phone plan, that is so cheap. But really, I understand why the OP didn't call immediately. Would you call immediately if you had to call in a language that's not your own? I think not. Been there, don't that, and it wasn't fun

Cindy

Hey Cindy, thanks for sticking up for me :)…However in my case, it truly was the telephone cost that held me from calling them the First time, due to as you well know the lovely Belgium operators :D.

Ik heb mijn hele lager onderwijs in het Engels gedaan :D…I did my entire middle school and junior high in English :D…

This in an International community school, due to diplomatic career of my parents.

I did forget a whole lot of it by now, especially writing…Speech on the other hand, I sound like an American from the south :p and are often mistaken for one, even by English speaking people…Love it :D

Off topic, Cindy can you PM me your email address please (my email is in my signature)? I have some questions how you did your Caribbean cruises, I want to get there but have my doubt on booking DIY over the great pond.

Grtz

Hey Cindy, thanks for sticking up for me :)…However in my case, it truly was the telephone cost that held me from calling them the First time, due to as you well know the lovely Belgium operators :D.

Ik heb mijn hele lager onderwijs in het Engels gedaan :D…I did my entire middle school and junior high in English :D…

This in an International community school, due to diplomatic career of my parents.

I did forget a whole lot of it by now, especially writing…Speech on the other hand, I sound like an American from the south and are often mistaken for one, even by English speaking people…Love it

Off topic, Cindy can you PM me your email address please (my email is in my signature)? I have some questions how you did your Caribbean cruises, I want to get there but have my doubt on booking DIY over the great pond.

Grtz

I have one word for you, skype. I have money on my account (I set my account up in dollars) and when I called Royal Caribbean, since it was a 1-800, I didn't pay anything. :D

Wow, doing school in English sounds like fun. I would love to hear you talking with your Southern US accent, which I love.

I'm gonna try to figure out out how to pm you (didn't see you email in your sig, probably removed). Maybe I can give you some advice. And by the way, if you want to contact me, simply use my username and I have a skynet account. Hope you'll figure it out like that. And for the picture, I speak flemish, no need to speak french.

Cindy

I have one word for you, skype. I have money on my account (I set my account up in dollars) and when I called Royal Caribbean, since it was a 1-800, I didn't pay anything. :D

Wow, doing school in English sounds like fun. I would love to hear you talking with your Southern US accent, which I love.

I'm gonna try to figure out out how to pm you (didn't see you email in your sig, probably removed). Maybe I can give you some advice. And by the way, if you want to contact me, simply use my username and I have a skynet account. Hope you'll figure it out like that. And for the picture, I speak flemish, no need to speak french.

Cindy

I am hitting myself now…….Skype……WHY, oh WHY did I not think of that……………………I will remember that one word as of now :D Thanks!

I will figure out your email! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my god they just did it again!?

Just got a notice on the site saying a payment is due…Whilst you can clearly see that I have paid the full amount in the payment history….Even better they just added the amount again that they deducted from the last time, whenyou read the first post….

So now I ask they refund me again???

It doesn’t even say what outstanding balance I am supposed to have.

This will be a nice phone call to the helpdesk tomorrow, now I am demanding some sort of compensation for having to call Miami from Belgium for the second time in three weeks.

Knipsel.jpg.117fb2b8980b82f84393323864f1766a.jpg

Your final payment date isn't until the end of March right? I'd wait until the day or two before that and see if there has been any additional changes.

RCL's IT dept isn't the best AT ALL so they might just be updating their system and this will disappear in a few days.

Your final payment date isn't until the end of March right? I'd wait until the day or two before that and see if there has been any additional changes.

RCL's IT dept isn't the best AT ALL so they might just be updating their system and this will disappear in a few days.

I wouldn't wait. I'd be thinking about it constantly until it was resolved.

I can’t find a perfect time to call them so decided to go via mail again first…If not resolvable this way I am filing a complaint!

A customer (that paid in full when booking) should not have to look all the time on the site to see if they decided to create unpaid items.

This is my mail to them:

Dear Royal Caribbean,

Concerning recurring problem reservation number 1429135

I had to call your Miami office 3 weeks ago for this same problem, it just reapeard again! This is unacceptable, do not let me have to call all the way from Brussels to Miami again!

The problem:

My cruise planner is stating that a payment is due for 72 Euros, whilst when you look at my payment history it is clearly stated that I paid in full on December 23.

These 72 Euros are apparently for some sort of insurance that is unexplained on the site when you book and the help section states that these are taxes (which they are not), also visible in under other items with no explanation in my cruises/payment menu.

This exact problem happened 3 weeks ago, and I did not get any help via mail, after calling your office and pointing out the problem, you refunded the amount back to my credit card.

So tell me what is wrong or make that “payment due” option disappear from my cruise planner.

Regards,

Archived