Car Hire in Hobart

I tried organising that with a few companies but none of them seemed willing without charging an arm and a leg. We walked up to a car hire place, it was about a 10 min walk from the port, passed a few on the way so you would probably be fine with booking with anyone - they aren't far to walk to.

Can anyone give me the name of a car hire company in Hobart that we can pick up and drop off at the wharf. thanks:)

Thrifty is a short walk up Argyle St

hi

we just got of the diamond princess and did car hire in hobart

we used "rent new cars" in Hobart which actually is the thrifty car hire place but is cheaper to hire thru. It is an easy 2 block walk up argle street, from where the ship docks, look at it on google maps.I walk really slowly & it only took us 10-15minutes, Great friendly service, good cars. We will used them again.

Kim

hi

we just got of the diamond princess and did car hire in hobart

we used "rent new cars" in Hobart which actually is the thrifty car hire place but is cheaper to hire thru. It is an easy 2 block walk up argle street, from where the ship docks, look at it on google maps.I walk really slowly & it only took us 10-15minutes, Great friendly service, good cars. We will used them again.

Kim

We used them as well, two years ago. Same deal, cheaper, no problems at all, and got a great new car. Thrifty is also the closest to the docks. We will book through them again.

Jen

Thanks everyone did anyone pre book their car or just rock up on the day? Robin:)

First time we just rocked up and struck it lucky......Second time we prebooked and just as well as they ran out of med size cars , so they had to upgrade up us to brand new Commodore Executive.....:)

No complaints there...It wa very nice , especially on the hills in Tassie.:D

Car hire is becoming popular with cruise ship passengers, and I guess it depends on the supply and how many ships are in town on that day.

Thanks everyone did anyone pre book their car or just rock up on the day? Robin:)

we prebooked, did it all online

and when we were picking up car there were about 6 different couples/families off the ship waiting to see if they could get a car

we were served first as we already had booked & paid

Kim

• 2 months later...

Archived