Costa neoRomantica Restyling

Capricruiser

Does anyone have any recent news on how the work is going on the Romantica? I believe the date if it's first cruise after the restyling is about a month from now. I'm not booked on her until September but it will be interesting to see if they can get all the kinks worked out by then.

Great to see the two of you back ...............

We've never left. It's just that with all the Concordia interest there are hundreds of new CC members who are monopolizing the forum. After things cool off it will be easier to post and get cruise advice again.

p.s. The youtube and cited articles are all fairly old info.

Great to see the two of you back ...............

As Chuck said, we never left, just not much to say or answer. Since my last thread was removed I will keep my thoughts and information about the Concordia incident to myself.

I'm still here to answer questions about Costa.

Ron

Still hanging out for the itinerary for the Aus/NZ itinerary. Interesting to see the end result of the refurb. Like everyone else - just lying low until this dreadful event has levelled out.

Liz,

Good to find you in the multitude of threads/messages.

Now have contact with Tanya, Nadia and a good friend of ours outside of CC.

Ron

The NeoRomantica is a showcase of how to make an ugly boat out of a distinctive, elegant and exceptionally clean design. When I saw a rendering of this huge forehead being dropped onto the classic ship a few days ago I was thinking "what the hell..."! And then this block of balconies glued to the center hull! I thought this ugly modification inherited from some of Carnival´s Fantasy-class ships should not be repeated elsewhere. Sad.

We are booked on Magica to sail 31st of May, Have just been told that Magica is being replaced with Noe Romantica! So i will let you know how we get on.

Costa will be bringing the Magica down to the Med to replace the Concordia while the NeoRomantica will cover the previous Magica itineraries until she moves up to Amsterdam for some Baltic itineraries in August. I'm booked on her Amsterdam-Savona repositioning in September.

Archived