upgrade question

heidik

When you check the box that states you would accept an upgrade, is there the possibility that the "upgrade" would be in the same class but a different location, or is an "upgrade" always a higher class? I would like to opt for the upgrade upon booking an SB suite, but I do not want to end up having another SB in a different location as I'm happy with the SB I am already purchasing. I'll take a penthouse though......:D

What ship are you cruising on? I booked an SB guarantee on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I was assigned a considerable upgrade to an SQ (in HAL's opinion). I was not happy with the "upgrade" although the room was larger than the regular SB cats cabins, the balcony was extremely small and had a steel balcony. The perks were all the same as an SB. I tried to get switched, I would have been perfectly happy with an SB cat cabin. So be careful what you wish for, and don't bank on being upgraded to a penthouse cabin.

Do your homework and find all the cabin's locations in this category, determine if any of the cabins would not be to your liking, if so, then don't do a guarantee. It's a gamble, sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't.

Josie makes a good point - the SQ's are only on a couple of ships - and I wouldn't want them either.

Assuming this is not one of these ships, I believe you should be ok. If you booked SB and selected your cabin - you should only go to SA or the Penthouse. You may also receive an upsell offer if there are vacancies close to your cruise date.

What ship you are on is definitely key!

Thanks -- The ship is the Eurodam. The upgrade fairy has been very good to me with my past HAL cruises - my first HAL I purchased an SZ and ended up being upgraded and then 1 very small upsell to an SA! The 2nd HAL I purchased an SC and was upgraded to an SB. I don't know if there are any "undesirable" SB's on the Eurodam.....

p.s. I don't expect to be upgraded to a penthouse - I was joking!

Archived