Penthouse Suite 8054 on Nautica

PSU

I haven't stayed in that cabin but we were in 8057 on Regatta once upon a time. The "R" ships are the same, and all PH cabins are the same ... the price difference is only due to the location. This cabin will be towards the rear of the ship but not all the way back. We were very comfortable in 8057. No noise, not too far from the stairway or elevators.

Mura

This is our first time sailing on Oceania and I am not familiar with the ship or the line.

Thanks.

You may want to do some research then.... just to be sure Oceania is right for you

I have read reviews from people that did not do their due diligence & were disappointed with the ship because they "did not know" some differences between O & other main stream lines

Enjoy the cruise

I am familar with Oceania and what it offers. I just have never been on Nautica. In fact, we just upgraded to the Penthouse Suite since I realized the veranda staterooms were small and we are used to staying in suites on other lines.

I just was asking about that particular cabin. I don't think you can ever know if you will like a ship or a line until you have taken a cruise on it.

Thanks.

I am familar with Oceania and what it offers. I just have never been on Nautica. In fact, we just upgraded to the Penthouse Suite since I realized the veranda staterooms were small and we are used to staying in suites on other lines.

I just was asking about that particular cabin. I don't think you can ever know if you will like a ship or a line until you have taken a cruise on it.

Thanks.

Yes, but the R ships are enough alike that one has to memorize the wallpaper or the paintings to remember which one you are sailing on. :rolleyes:

Likewise, the R ship Penthouses might vary slightly in square footage, but they are identical in furnishings, amenities and staffing.

They are so similar that if you have sailed in a Penthouse more than once, they tend to blend into one another.

penthouse.jpgstaterooms-ship-ph1.pngPenthouse2.JPG

I am familar with Oceania and what it offers. I just have never been on Nautica.

Thanks.

I am not familiar with the ship or the line.

I guess I misinterpreted your statement :rolleyes:

A contradiction someplace there

Your cabin is right below the restaurants. There are noises from the carts they use from the Kitchen to the Buffet. Generally here this around 11pm and around 4pm. Can be quite noisy. We are in 8055 right now on Nautica.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on Insignia, Cabin 8055, Ph2-Penthouse Suite (Dec 2009) which was below Terrace Restaurant. We heard noises like a thundering train ~ believe from the automatic doors above for restaurant. Noise did not last long, nor did it occur more than several times a day, but it did wake us on several occassions. Although O told us that there had never been an issue, this may have been fixed as a number of the other passengers were also complaining.

Archived