According to Ship's Cook the Captain Ordered Dinner One Hour AFTER Crash

Princess Patches

This story just keeps getting more unbelievable. The ship's cook alleges the captain order dinner for himself and a woman about one hour AFTER the crash. Here is the interview with CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/world/europe/italy-cruise-cook/index.html

His cavalier attitude borders on the unhinged.

Has anyone else seen the video shot by an American passenger that shows water pouring down the stairs. Supposedly this is on the Concordia but I can't be sure. Anyone that's been on the Concordia, does this look like the ship?

(there's a longer one out there where the two Americans are running down the corridors).

Carnival Paradise, May 26th 2009, the pool flooded.

Captain was Dining 30 minutes before the ship was Holed!!

Yes, that is my understanding of the timeline too. The captain abandoned ship at around 11:00 p.m. and according to this cook was ordering dinner at 10:30 p.m. His complete lack of understanding of the gravity of the situation suggests he had become totally unglued.

Yes, that is my understanding of the timeline too. The captain abandoned ship at around 11:00 p.m. and according to this cook was ordering dinner at 10:30 p.m. His complete lack of understanding of the gravity of the situation suggests he had become totally unglued.

I think you misunderstood Sidari. Some reports have said he was dining 30 minutes before the collision. Others say he was on the phone for an hour after the collision. If #2 is true, and I gather they can prove that, then he couldn't have been eating dinner 30 minutes after the collision.

He was on a cruise, having a great time :D:D:D lets not let a disaster get in the way of a good time and dinner :eek:

Well lubricated, I should think.

Archived