I emailed Adam Goldstein and they called me!

On my recent trip on Majesty, I had a bad experience with the spa (I won a credit, but the spa is located under Adventure Ocean and my appointment was apparently during run-around time, then they screwed up my payment). It was really bothering me, so I took some CC advice and emailed Adam Goldstein. Someone from his office called me Wednesday, but I hadn't had time to call her back yet. She just called me again now with the hopes that she'd catch me before the weekend!

Anyway, she was very nice, and explained that there is limited space on Majesty, but this is something they're considering for the next dry dock. She then said Mr. Goldstein reads all the emails he gets, and has a team of people that go through the emails after he does and then contacts passengers. This team also contacts each ship with people's complaints and complements, and any crew member who receives a complement gets an "incentive."

I didn't get any money back or anything, but I appreciated that someone listened to my complaint, and, more importantly, that they are reading the passenger surveys and that the nice things I said about my cabin attendant got him something positive. Turns out those surveys do mean something! So if you have something good or bad to say, definitely contact them!

She then said Mr. Goldstein reads all the emails he gets, and has a team of people that go through the emails after he does and then contacts passengers.

I find it difficult to believe that the CEO reads all the emails personally. It would make sense that he has a team of people that go through his emails BEFORE he does.

I also wrote to Mr Goldstein to raise several issues experienced on Liberty of the Seas during our westbound TA in October 2011 in comparison to our experience on the same ship in May 2011.

I received a very prompt reply followed by a telephone call from Miami during which the representative listened to all my issues resulting in being credited with OBC for our next sailing on Liberty in May this year.

What impressed me the most is the determination of RCI to contact me via telephone, bearing in mind that I do not reside in the US but overseas in the UK, and the importance that was put on discussing the issues in order to improve service in the future.

I did not raise the issues for compensation, nor did I request any, I just wanted to provide some constructive feedback.

I find it difficult to believe that the CEO reads all the emails personally. It would make sense that he has a team of people that go through his emails BEFORE he does.

Why is it so hard to believe? Obviously Mr. Goldstein takes a keen interest into what his customers have to say. He may not answer all of these emails personally but his staff makes sure the customer is contacted. This is one reason that helps to make Royal Caribbean successful and keeps it's passengers coming back. If there is a problem out there Mr. Goldstein cannot fix it if he does not know about it.

Especially considering how many people on these boards recommend emailing him about every little thing.

They definitely take the compliments and complaints seriously. After a trip I took on the Jewel OTS, I was so struck by the above-and-beyond service and care I got from one of the staffers, I wrote a letter to Corporate in Miami to sing his praises (I had already given the proper shout-out to him on the onboard satisfaction survey).

The next trip I took on the Jewel, I saw him again and he told me that a copy of my letter had been sent from Corporate to the ship so it could be hung on a bulletin board they have down in crew quarters to recognize and applaud staffers that go the extra mile. And yes, he was "incentivized"; I was too polite to ask for details.

I think it is nice to read that you weren't expecting $ but just thinking ahead to other's treatments and the sound being an issue for them too.

I find that very thoughtful. Just wanted to say that!

Thanks. :) I didn't ask for any compensation in my original email, nor did I ask for any when they called. Honestly, if the biggest thing I have to worry about is being interrupted during a massage I barely had to pay for, then life isn't too bad, you know? But...other people might not feel that way and I think it's a legitimate gripe.

Again, I'm just happy to know that they take our comments (either way) seriously. I don't think she'd have told me that Mr. Goldstein reads the emails if it weren't true--maybe, but I like to believe that it's the truth. If the ultimate result is that action is taken and that crew members are recognized, I don't really care who reads it--I just appreciate the fact that it was read and acted upon.

. And yes, he was "incentivized"; I was too polite to ask for details.

I'd love to know what kind of incentive they get. I sent an email mentioning several people and was told that they would be given special recognition and my email would be forwarded to their supervisors.

Honestly....he does...have had several replies...some from his staff and several directly from him.

Yup, that means a ton of e-mails, but he has the pulse of the customer!!!!

Some things in life cause us to by cynical...but, there are those that actually do perform in this world

exactly!! Anyone who thinks he reads them all first is fooling themselves. His staff knows exactly what type e-mails he should see and he probably has already told them what type he wants to read.That being said-I recieved a phone call from one of his staff and she stated how he wanted my e-mail to have a phone response.

It all depends on what you e-mail about and how you say it that gets it into the boss!! Most are culled and given an automated response where some get a real return e-mail or phone call.

Thanks for posting this thread. You motivated me to email the CEO regarding the embarkation debacle I experienced on Navigator last year. I had commented on the relevant form at the time and felt de-motivated by the time I got home. Would be nice to get something back in writing.

I also wrote to Mr Goldstein to raise several issues experienced on Liberty of the Seas during our westbound TA in October 2011 in comparison to our experience on the same ship in May 2011.

I received a very prompt reply followed by a telephone call from Miami during which the representative listened to all my issues resulting in being credited with OBC for our next sailing on Liberty in May this year.

What impressed me the most is the determination of RCI to contact me via telephone, bearing in mind that I do not reside in the US but overseas in the UK, and the importance that was put on discussing the issues in order to improve service in the future.

I did not raise the issues for compensation, nor did I request any, I just wanted to provide some constructive feedback.

Cool Peter....RCL is Tops in my Book.....but we never had a problem on that same cruise except maybe being over served in the CL for 15 nights...Ha ha ha! :)

Mike b

On my recent trip on Majesty, I had a bad experience with the spa (I won a credit, but the spa is located under Adventure Ocean and my appointment was apparently during run-around time, then they screwed up my payment). It was really bothering me, so I took some CC advice and emailed Adam Goldstein. Someone from his office called me Wednesday, but I hadn't had time to call her back yet. She just called me again now with the hopes that she'd catch me before the weekend!

Anyway, she was very nice, and explained that there is limited space on Majesty, but this is something they're considering for the next dry dock. She then said Mr. Goldstein reads all the emails he gets, and has a team of people that go through the emails after he does and then contacts passengers. This team also contacts each ship with people's complaints and complements, and any crew member who receives a complement gets an "incentive."

I didn't get any money back or anything, but I appreciated that someone listened to my complaint, and, more importantly, that they are reading the passenger surveys and that the nice things I said about my cabin attendant got him something positive. Turns out those surveys do mean something! So if you have something good or bad to say, definitely contact them!

Interesting that they're talking about a "next dry dock" for Majesty. Most people I've talked think that both Majesty and Monarch are headed to Pullmantur. Not that any of them have true inside information...

Honestly....he does...have had several replies...some from his staff and several directly from him.

\

And you know it was really him, and not someone signing his name..... how?

Sorry, but I am one of the cynics. Given the sheer volume of emails he must get, I find it impossible to believe that he personally reads every single one, or further, that he directs the response for every single one. I'm sure a few select emails are forwarded to him each day for him to reply to personally, but that's it.

And you know it was really him, and not someone signing his name..... how?

Sorry, but I am one of the cynics. Given the sheer volume of emails he must get, I find it impossible to believe that he personally reads every single one, or further, that he directs the response for every single one. I'm sure a few select emails are forwarded to him each day for him to reply to personally, but that's it.

I'm with you. At our rather large company, there are a group of people whose job it is to be the CEO in various venues - Facebook, etc.

Cool Peter....RCL is Tops in my Book.....but we never had a problem on that same cruise except maybe being over served in the CL for 15 nights...Ha ha ha! :)

Mike b

As I said Mike, my disappointments were in comparison to the service provided on our previous sailing on Liberty which IMHO was far superior and I thought they needed to be highlighted to RCI, especially considering the number of Diamond members onboard the TA sailing compared to the few on our previous one.

As for being over served in the sphinx lounge, that never happened to us as we grew very tired of the whole event and as a result decided to visit other bars for pre dinner cocktails albeit we had to pay for them, an item I mentioned to the RCI representative. Not that we objected to paying for them, we would rather have a more welcoming atmosphere than the zoo that was the diamond event, but please remember that is just our opinion.

Anyone who thinks that agoldstein@rccl.com is Adam Goldstein's email address is living in a fantasy world. He has a complete staff of people who are trained to handle situations and the thousands of inquires that are received.

No one will ever know what his true email addresses are except for other top executives and selected staff.

Anyone who thinks that agoldstein@rccl.com is Adam Goldstein's email address is living in a fantasy world. He has a complete staff of people who are trained to handle situations and the thousands of inquires that are received.

No one will ever know what his true email addresses are except for other top executives and selected staff.

I agree, it is highly unlikely that that is his main email address since it is so publicly outed. If you have ever seen how many emails a CEO (or any upper management position) gets in a large company you'd know they simply cannot read everything they get. They have admins that do this for them. As someone that works in IT and is familiar with executives and their admins I see the size of their mail boxes and daily email counts and know how much is done by other people.

I agree, it is highly unlikely that that is his main email address since it is so publicly outed. If you have ever seen how many emails a CEO (or any upper management position) gets in a large company you'd know they simply cannot read everything they get. They have admins that do this for them. As someone that works in IT and is familiar with executives and their admins I see the size of their mail boxes and daily email counts and know how much is done by other people.

Yups, you're right.

If the CEO spends all his time reading and replying to such emails, he ought to be sacked.

He should hire a team to look after such emails, and get constant updates from the team through reports.

Of course, if he really has the time, he could spend say an hour a week going through some of the emails received.

This way, the CEO can get first-hand info of what the customers are saying.

Archived