250 point Latitudes milestone reward.

Beaver1975

I still think NCL should reconsider adding a Platinum Plus level, but add a twist to what it takes to earn it and keep it.

Something like:

21 or more completed cruises -and-

151 or more latitudes points -and-

11 or more latitudes points earned in the past 18 months prior to embarking on your current cruise.

If you didn't earn the minimum points in the last 18 months, then you're just Platinum for that cruise.

Then at Platinum Plus you would get a free cocktail hour each evening, or breakfast/lunch at Cagneys, or some other significant benefit, or maybe the ability to choose one of several nice perks.

Probably won't happen, but it would be nice and might be better appreciated!

And, yes, it does sound like a disappointing reward to me. Hope the higher level rewards are a significant improvement!

I agreed at the time of the announcemrnt that an additional tier would be nice. I am on a fast track to platinum myself, (2 more cruises and I'm there). I always like something to strive for and look forward to.

How about a reserved deck chair for 250 points? That wouldn't cost NCL anything!

I received my 250 point Latitudes milestone reward. It is a small (6" x 4") leather bound travel atlas. Not really feeling the love here!

LOL wow, well make sure you look take really good care of it. ;)

Seriously sorry to hear that Beaver, I'm sure it was quite a let down.

Unfortunately, this confirms what I suspected when the new program was rolled out. I always thought that if the "milestones" were worthwhile, they would have announced exactly what they were.

Amazing that they don't see what a thoughtless "thank you" that is for someone who's essentially "triple Platinum". :rolleyes::(

Not to mention a missed revenue building opportunity! How about a complimentary cocktail hour for those milestone cruisers? Free minutes of wi-fi? Dinner with the Captain? Not big $$ things but things that express appreciation for loyalty...and get you back on the ship!

I guess you can take your atlas and plan your next land-based trip. :rolleyes:

Can't wait 'til I get mine in a couple of cruises.

Has any one who has reached the new milestones sailed again? Wonder if in addition to the less than fabulous token, that there will some addition benefit when you are on board too?

I will find out next month, but I am not holding my breath. Jim (time2cruise1) should be reporting back in a week or so if there are any additional on board perks.

Has any one who has reached the new milestones sailed again? Wonder if in addition to the less than fabulous token, that there will some addition benefit when you are on board too?

50% off any one photo in the photo gallery....:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

I wonder if any of the people that were berating us for being skeptical about this "new and improved" rewards program will come back and apologize to us now?

I don't think I berated anyone, but rather had a "wait and see attitude" about it. You waited and learned about the reward and were underwhelmed. I totally agree with you.

Let me add, I am surprised, I really expected more. Hopefully NCL will agree and sweeten the deal for the most loyal.

I agreed at the time of the announcemrnt that an additional tier would be nice. I am on a fast track to platinum myself, (2 more cruises and I'm there). I always like something to strive for and look forward to.

How about a reserved deck chair for 250 points? That wouldn't cost NCL anything!

I'm with you! My husband needs a few more points than I do... What would I do with him?:D

Donna ! Awesome ! Just lost my coffee on my keyboard !!:)

Two weeks ago mr. coka called me at work saying a box from NCL arrived in the mail. "Don't open it! I want to open it! Wait until I get home...I love surprises!" The box held a beautifully and carefully wrapped 6x8 leather picture frame. The message stated happy new year and thank you for being one of our valued guests. I find it a lot fun to get surprise presents like that! I couldn’t decide which NCL pictures taken over the years should go in it.

Mr. coka called again Thursday saying another box arrived. My don't open it routine was interrupted with his "I know, I know!" Once home, we hovered over the carefully shipped box and read the enclosed card together. I was thanked for extraordinary loyalty and congratulated on reaching my first milestone. "What did you have to do to get this?" he asked. Thinking I could not explain it if tried, I answered, "Oh mr coka, if you only knew what it took to reach such an amazing accomplishment!

I then slightly nudged mr. coka away from the enclosed wrapped gift because he is only a bronze. Due to my effort, time, and money, I should see the present first. "Do you think it is another clock with the fish hands?" he asked while coming closer again. If it was, then we certainly could stop fighting over where the third one goes. “Do you want that black box it is in?“ he added. Although Mr. coka could use the box to put nails in, I want to keep jewelry in it. Once the box was opened, we discovered the very big surprise of a leather bound travel atlas. Ah! But it is not just any ordinary atlas. It is much more!

We’ve been looking at it ever since and are learning all sorts of things. For example, it is not very warm in Albuquerque NM this time of year. Where I live does not look that far away to drive to Nova Scotia. While reading it in church yesterday afternoon (yes, it can even pass as a pocket bible due to the gold trimmed pages), I figured what day my birthday falls on for each year up until 2025 by using the perpetual calendar on page 198. Did you know men’s shirt sizes in the U.S. and the U.K. are the same but women’s sizes are not? So many interesting things other than just where the countries are located. We are even taking our new atlas with us on our next cruise. The Tampa-St. Petersburg map has its own page!

I must caution all you close- to- first- milestone- reward- receivers about the one and only negative. I need to keep this real, right? Sometimes our treasured reward is difficult to find. Who had the atlas last? Did you? No, I thought you did? Oh, it is on the bathroom shelf. Oh, it is in my jacket pocket. Oh, it is on the nightstand. Oh, it is by the NCL clock. Which one??? What? It can even get in between couch cushions.

But no worry for us no more. We always know where it is now. Once turned sideways, and with a little bit of effort, the leather atlas fits perfectly into our NCL leather picture frame. Thank you NCL for always surprising me and for always providing me with a good time!

coka:D

Once the box was opened, we discovered the very big surprise of a leather bound travel atlas. Ah! But it is not just any ordinary atlas. It is much more!

We’ve been looking at it ever since and are learning all sorts of things. For example, it is not very warm in Albuquerque NM this time of year. Where I live does not look that far away to drive to Nova Scotia. While reading it in church yesterday afternoon (yes, it can even pass as a pocket bible due to the gold trimmed pages), I figured what day my birthday falls on for each year up until 2025 by using the perpetual calendar on page 198. Did you know men’s shirt sizes in the U.S. and the U.K. are the same but women’s sizes are not? So many interesting things other than just where the countries are located. We are even taking our new atlas with us on our next cruise. The Tampa-St. Petersburg map has its own page!

I must caution all you close- to- first- milestone- reward- receivers about the one and only negative. I need to keep this real, right? Sometimes our treasured reward is difficult to find. Who had the atlas last? Did you? No, I thought you did? Oh, it is on the bathroom shelf. Oh, it is in my jacket pocket. Oh, it is on the nightstand. Oh, it is by the NCL clock. Which one??? What? It can even get in between couch cushions.

But no worry for us no more. We always know where it is now. Once turned sideways, and with a little bit of effort, the leather atlas fits perfectly into our NCL leather picture frame. Thank you NCL for always surprising me and for always providing me with a good time!

coka:D

Aw gee whiz now you've ruined all of the surprises for everyone close.:D :D

Love your sense of humor Coka

Now wait a minute, all this talk of gifts when moving up has me thinking about reaching my first milestone... No gifts ...BUT... we got $50 OBC because of it. Had to book our next cruise within a certain time frame which we did. So tell me, didn't anyone else get some OBC when you jumped levels?

Archived