Eurodam uses tenders in St Thomas?

msteries

I was discouraged to read in another thread that passengers were tendered off the Eurodam, and that the docking location was no where near the Crown Bay mall buildings? Is this true? How often does it happen? I am taking an excursion but figured I could still shop the two liquor stores there. My DH can never cruise in the winter and the only thing he likes to see me bring home are several bottles of fancy rum. He gives me a list for AH Riise. What to do? Thanks for any suggestions, recent experiences, etc.

Mary

OK, maybe I should wait for the real experts here to answer, but I think I know this one. :o

When "the fleet is in" in St. Thomas - 7 ships or more- there isn't dock space for everybody. So, one (or more) ships tender right into the centre of Charlotte Amalie.

I'd consider it a treat, not a treatment. Main A H Riise is 2 - 3 minutes on foot.

Normally, with less than 7, HAL docking is at Crown Bay.

So, please check your arrival date at one of the "ships in port" sites.

OK, maybe I should wait for the real experts here to answer, but I think I know this one. :o

When "the fleet is in" in St. Thomas - 7 ships or more- there isn't dock space for everybody. So, one (or more) ships tender right into the centre of Charlotte Amalie.

I'd consider it a treat, not a treatment. Main A H Riise is 2 - 3 minutes on foot.

Normally, with less than 7, HAL docking is at Crown Bay.

So, please check your arrival date at one of the "ships in port" sites.

what do you mean a real expert ;) you are one, you know :)

As Fannish said, normally you don't tender but if there are too many ships, then someone has to - and you do get closer to the main town if that is what you want as soon as you arrive :)

It just depends upon how many ships, etc.

Another cruiser posted that they tendered to Crown Bay, not downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cr*p. Tender plus jitney? That would put a dent in my day.

I still miss Havensight and my fav flower vendor.

Kazu - thanks. Lately on that "other board" I've felt like I was wearing a red shirt with a target painted on it.

We have sailed Eurodam five cruises and every time we have docked at Crown Bay.

The only time we tendered in St. Thomas was on Noordam in January 2007 and we've been on HAL ships to St. Thomas at least 20+ times.

We weren't happy to hear we were tendering but as it turned out, it was great. Noordam ran the tenders very efficiently and they dropped us right in the middle of downtown. We had not wait and it was a very smooth experience.

I'd rather tender from the inner harbor with efficiently run tenders than dock at Crown Bay.

JMO.......

Thanks, everyone. I don't mind tendering, and used to love coming in from the Norway to dock right downtown. I have been in "downtown" many times and know right where to go in AH Riise. (and how to find the mango margaritas and conch curry at Cuzzins...) Never been in Crown Bay, but researched it online and discovered both AH Riise and another liquor store. But one poster said the tender went somewhere with no shops!

Krazy Kruizers: thanks for the link. Says 5 ships will be in that day, and that the Eurodam will be at CB. So I can assume tendering not required?

Mary

Use this site to see where you be in St Thomas:

http://cokibeach.net/

KK, thank you for posting this info! :) According to this site, on April 1, 2012, there are only two ships docked in St. Thomas; HAL Noordam & Azamara Journey! With only two cruise ships in port, will the Noordam still have to dock at CB:( rather than at WICO?:)

I checked and saw that on the 18th there were 7 ships in St Thomas that day.

So -- 3 at Havensite -- 2 at Crown Bay -- and 2 had to tender.

KK, thanks for politely correctly my information.

Sixth ship, not seventh, that triggers tendering.

I'll get to see myself on Feb 1. Eurodam is listed as docking at Crown Bay, but....6 ships.

quote=GeriatricNurse;32077802]KK, thank you for posting this info! :) According to this site, on April 1, 2012, there are only two ships docked in St. Thomas; HAL Noordam & Azamara Journey! With only two cruise ships in port, will the Noordam still have to dock at CB:( rather than at WICO?:)

Great site KK, thanks - GN - it shows you which dock in brackets afterwards. Mind you, it is subject to change. Ours is showing CB even with only three ships in. (makes it easy to take the ferry to St. John)

According to the website, that Kk referred us to, HAL ships dock at CB 99.99999% of the time.

Use this site to see where you be in St Thomas:

http://cokibeach.net/

quote=GeriatricNurse;32077802]KK, thank you for posting this info! :) According to this site, on April 1, 2012, there are only two ships docked in St. Thomas; HAL Noordam & Azamara Journey! With only two cruise ships in port, will the Noordam still have to dock at CB:( rather than at WICO?:)

Great site KK, thanks - GN - it shows you which dock in brackets afterwards. Mind you, it is subject to change. Ours is showing CB even with only three ships in. (makes it easy to take the ferry to St. John)

According to the website, that Kk referred us to, HAL ships dock at CB 99.99999% of the time.

Jacqui, there were NO docks indicated, in brackets, after the date, with reference to my post! ;)

Jacqui, there were NO docks indicated, in brackets, after the date, with reference to my post! ;)

no? there were for our date. (WICO or CB) right after the ship's name, etc.:confused: but I think you can count on CB

KK, thank you for posting this info! :) According to this site, on April 1, 2012, there are only two ships docked in St. Thomas; HAL Noordam & Azamara Journey! With only two cruise ships in port, will the Noordam still have to dock at CB:( rather than at WICO?:)

Yes -- the Noordam will still have to dock at Crown Bay no matter how many ships are scheduled for St Thomas.

In November we were alone At Crown Bay as well -- Noordam -- 2 other ships at Havensight.

Archived