Eurodam uses tenders in St Thomas?

msteries

Yes -- the Noordam will still have to dock at Crown Bay no matter how many ships are scheduled for St Thomas.

In November we were alone At Crown Bay as well -- Noordam -- 2 other ships at Havensight.

I'm sure I read recently an HAL ship was at Havensight but that is a most rare event. It just about never happens since the long term agreement was reached regarding docking at Crown Bay.

We have been to St. Thomas and only one other ship was there. We still docked at Crown Bay though there was plenty of room for us at Havensight.

I know -- it is sad that HAL signed that contract.

A friend who sails Princess a lot said that one time they were the only ship in St Thomas and they still had to dock at Crown Bay. They went over to Havensight and some of the shops didn't even open up -- not enough people from the hotels were stopping by.

Forget Havensight, we've seen stores in downtown we shopped in for forty years are now closed. Main Street Charlotte Amalie is very different than it was during it's 'boom years'. Their party seems to be ending or over which is very sad.

Tropicana Perfume was an 'anchor' on Main Street and we watched its slow deterioration and ultimate closure. Longchamps is also closed on Main Street, Sparky's has been gone for years. What they are selling in the stores that remain is a mere ghost of all the sparkle and dazzle the cruisers used to grab up...... Some stores that had fabulous jewelry are now selling souvenirs, beach towels and t shirts with a rare ring, gold chain or bracelet.

In time, it won't matter where the ships dock and it's getting closer to that time than not. IMO

We will be on the Noordam March 26 to April 4 and when I spokw with the cruise consultant at HAL he said that only tenders were Half Moon and Soufriere. We are trying to schedule a dive trip in St. Thomas on 4/1 and we have to be on their boat by 8:30. Is the Noordam going to have to tender? I have never been to St. Thomas and don't know how these things work.

Where is the website that shows what whips will be in port!

Chris

Here is the link to check where your ship will dock,,,, subject to chanage.

KK posted this earlier in the thread.

http://cokibeach.net/

I have a site I like more than that one but when I tried to post the link, CC automatically edited it and it seems we are not to post that web address for some reason. Sorry.

We will be on the Noordam March 26 to April 4 and when I spokw with the cruise consultant at HAL he said that only tenders were Half Moon and Soufriere. We are trying to schedule a dive trip in St. Thomas on 4/1 and we have to be on their boat by 8:30. Is the Noordam going to have to tender? I have never been to St. Thomas and don't know how these things work.

Where is the website that shows what whips will be in port!

Chris

With only 2 scheduled ships in port on 1st April 2012 the Noordam will be docked at Crown Bay. The other, the Azamara Journey, will probably be at Havensight also know as the WICO dock.

I just re-looked at your schedule -- on Feb 1 there are only 6 ships scheduled for St Thomas -- and Eurodam is listed for Crown Bay.

I have been looking at another site, which is cruisett. It does have the dot com extension, but I am sure I can't post that. The 8 ships are:

Norwegian Sun, Carnival Glory, Celebrity Solstice, Disney Magic, Grand Princess, Norwegian Epic, Freedom Of The Seas, + Eurodam.

On the Coki site there are only 6 listed, as follows:

Nowegian Epic, Eurodam, Grand Princess, Freedom the The Seas, Carnival Glory, Disney Magic

For some reason, the Sun and Solstice don't show up on the COKI site.

I have been looking at another site, which is cruisett. It does have the dot com extension, but I am sure I can't post that. The 8 ships are:

Norwegian Sun, Carnival Glory, Celebrity Solstice, Disney Magic, Grand Princess, Norwegian Epic, Freedom Of The Seas, + Eurodam.

Nowegian Epic, Eurodam, Grand Princess, Freedom the The Seas, Carnival Glory, Disney Magic

Cindylou = in all honesty, the cruisett site is not the most reliable in the world. Best bet is to go to the actual port site for each port. That seems to be the safest bet (but there are no guarantees in life)

Here is the link to check where your ship will dock,,,, subject to chanage.

KK posted this earlier in the thread.

http://cokibeach.net/

I have a site I like more than that one but when I tried to post the link, CC automatically edited it and it seems we are not to post that web address for some reason. Sorry.

That site is also not quite correct: on 2/16 it shows only Ruby Princess in port but we will also be at CB on the Nieuw Amsterdam and accoriding to the Celebrity site, Celebrity Solstice will also be in port.

I just checked another site that is better than cruisett (which has more errors than other sites).

The Norwegian Sun and Solstice are listed as being in St Thomas on Feb 1.

cruisetimetables

The ONLY negative on our 1-14 Eurodam cruise was that despite, as recently as a week before sailing the Eurodam was listed as docking - we were told on Monday that we would be tendering at St. Thomas on Wednesday.

If you are going to St Thomas mainly to SHOP - this may not be a bad thing - we were left right downtown on the waterfront. We were going for the beach and the 20 minute tender ride (past the Disney Magic, anchored in the inner harbor) was a detraction from the day.

It ended up not being a very good beach day as the wind really picked up and actually made it chilly on the beach. The tender ride back was "Rough" to say the least. If we were docked we would have gone back out after changing from our swimwear but needless to say we were not going to do another 40 minutes in the tenders.

Everything else about the cruise itself was outstanding. I will be submitting a full review tonight for publication.

I'm sure I read recently an HAL ship was at Havensight but that is a most rare event. It just about never happens since the long term agreement was reached regarding docking at Crown Bay.

We have been to St. Thomas and only one other ship was there. We still docked at Crown Bay though there was plenty of room for us at Havensight.

I know -- it is sad that HAL signed that contract.

A friend who sails Princess a lot said that one time they were the only ship in St Thomas and they still had to dock at Crown Bay. They went over to Havensight and some of the shops didn't even open up -- not enough people from the hotels were stopping by.

I believe that this was effective, October 1, 2006! Is the contract for 10 years? :confused:

on first visit there are 5 ships and the second 7. I guess we might tender on the 15th as we arrive at 8 am. I have no objections if we a brought to the downtown pier. Our liquor will be delivered to the ship.

Even if you tender, the liquor can be delivered and will be handled for you. They are very used to the major stores bring cartons of liquor though it seems to be less these days. Those who have to fly home have to cope with the extra weight in their suitcase and the risk of breakage. No more carrying it on.

For those who don't fly, no problem.

Archived