So, just how "dressy" is the Dining room on Carnival Fantasy.?

dulcimergirl

I am a casual retired old lady, and I can't find anything in my closet that even gets close to dressy, much less formal.. lol I'm crusing in 11 days with a friend and she loves the "formalness" of eating in the dining room. My last 3 cruises, I enjoyed sticking to the buffet.

I have linen slacks but nothing to wear with. My usual garb is hawaiian shirts and crop pant.

I'm thinking I will need to go shopping? At least get something that won't embarrass my friend.. Help.. what to do..

I hate dresses and skirts, due to my middleaged middle.. nothing looks right.

Add some sparkle to your usual clothes and you will be just fine. I have seen everything from very casual to formals and tux's.

Does your friend wear a similar size? Can she lend you a top?

Sometimes just adding a nice scarf or jewelry can change your outfit too!

If you must buy something new.....try Ross Dress for less. I have found cruise clothes there and didn't have to spend much at all!

Whatever, bring your smile and sense of humour and enjoy the night!;)

If budget is a concern...or you just like getting stuff for dirt cheap...go to your local Goodwill. I nabbed my formal gown there for $5.00. I also picked up some sparkly tops for next to nothing too.

Best advise already given...Your sparkly smile will be enough

LOL Thanks guys, but I'm way ahead of you. Yesterday I went to the local TS (thrift stores) KARM Knoxville Area rescue missions, there's several in the area, and looked and looked. Finally settled on a nice pair of black pants, when I remembered my Mom gave me a dressy white blouse for Christmas. Whoooo hooo I'm all set. I also have a flashy/beautiful necklace Mom gave me for my birthday one year.

Doing the single digit dance!!!

If you see an old lady in vintage Hawaiian shirts it will be me. lol:) p.s. I'm also an Upright Bass and Mountain Dulcimer player.:cool:

Archived