waitlist for Family Oceanview , but website showed available

was messing around on RCCL website just checking prices for our upcoming cruise and prices did go down and then I saw this family oceanview room come up, HUGE, double the size of our inside and only about 300 more total,

so about an hour later I called RCCL,

looked online again and it was gone, said to call to book this room

I called , they said those rooms arent suppose to be released to book but that they would put me on a waitlist since the room is on offer status?

i said , did someone book it? she said no its on offer,

so what are my chances of getting an email and getting this room?

has anyone else gone on a waitlist for a room category and got it ?

Booked direct as you can not book the familiy ocean veiw online but here has to be a minimum of 5 guests.

thats what i asked them too since theres only 3 of us, she said as long as its open inventory anyone can book,,

ill just cross my fingers that it opens up again i would love all the space

Closer to a sail date, they do open up some classes of cabins that usually do require a minimum number of persons to book if these have not sold. DD and I were able to book Royal Family Suite because of this.

I have never been on a waiting list for a certain type of cabin, so I can't help there. Just keep checking the website.

we had the same problem. it was on line, i called she said it was availble for 4 people b/c they released it to general inventory. called back to book it and i got someone else. they said they needed 5 to book it so they wait listed us. i have tried everyday since with no luck.

we had the same problem. it was on line, i called she said it was availble for 4 people b/c they released it to general inventory. called back to book it and i got someone else. they said they needed 5 to book it so they wait listed us. i have tried everyday since with no luck.

how close were you to your sailing?

she told me the room i saw is on offer, meaning someone is holdiing it but they havent paid,

she said it could be up to 72hrs,

im going to keep calling everyday just to check,

i really want this room :O)

Next time you see something like that, put it on hold. I have seen them release Family Suites and FOVs online, to smaller parties, as it gets closer to sail date and I'm sure they go quickly.

yeah I saw it come up and then i called them about an hour later,

and they kinda acted like it shouldnt have came up...

i keep checking,im still kicking myself

Archived