Kid friendly shows on Jewel?

ayy... sorry for all the questions! Anyone care to offer some advice on how slovenly we can dress on formal night without offending our dining neighbors?

Obviously the young kids (2, 5, and 7) don't have suits. I'm thinking nice khakis and a button down shirt is OK for them? But then what about us? It would seem strange to have the parents dressed to the nines.

What is reasonable? Can we escape with blazer/trousers and a nice dress? Or will we stick out like a sore thumb?

The "main" shows are all pretty family friendly. Late night comedy, Quest, Love and Marriage ... they are all labeled as being "adult" friendly. Royal, at least IMO, uses fairly tame language and tones down the skin on dancers with a lot of flesh-colored pieces of clothing ... definitely nothing anywhere near as "shocking" as what you'd see/hear on the pool deck.

As for formal night ... dress suggestions are really more for adults than children, but I'm sure long pants and some sort of collared shirt (or less) is "appropriate". Growing up, my "formal" night wear was always a polo and khakis ... sometimes I felt a bit conspicuous, but I really do think that people understand that children have different dress requirements (and ... who wants to buy a suit that will be quickly grown out of). All that being said ... opinions will vary greatly. :)

ayy...

What is reasonable? Can we escape with blazer/trousers and a nice dress? Or will we stick out like a sore thumb?

Ditto to what SB007 posted. While possibly offending the fashion police here on cruise critic, anything like that won't be a problem. The shorter cruises tend to be a little less formal even though you will see some dressed somewhere beyond the nines. Likewise you will probably see some that will make you wonder "what were they thinking:eek:?" :)

Archived