New cruiser's review of RCI's Liberty of the Seas

perlk

Just wanted to say that I have written a review of the Liberty of the Seas from a new cruiser's perspective.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=95920

Also, if anyone is interested in the pictures from our trip, they are on Picasa at https://picasaweb.google.com/117446817083321287183

Some video of our Promenade stateroom for any interested in knowing what cabin 8591 is like on the Liberty.

All in all a pretty good vacation!

Thank you for the review. A lot of what you mention is not surprising. Food is subjective, but there are lines with better food than others. Same with entertainment etc.

You should really give cruising another chance, on a different line.

Thanks again.

Well, I think what makes cruising not right for me is that I felt very trapped on the ship. Even though there were a lot of things to do, I felt like I was confined and that I didn't have enough choices to do stuff like bargain shop, or try different restaurants with different chefs.

My basic feeling is that I really like exploring and finding my own way, and cruising didn't really allow me to do that, it felt like much of it was planned for me.

However, that isn't to say I have completely ruled it out. I would still someday like to do Alaska on a cruise, and maybe Greece, so who knows, I'm sure I will go again!

And I'd just like to mention that the highlights of the trip for me, other than going to Jamaica, was meeting with the fabulous people from Cruise Critics!!!!

Enjoyed your review...

If you decide to try another cruise, maybe a port intensive cruise is for you. True, you only get a snapshot of the islands, but you will know which ones appeal for a land vacation.

Or maybe Bermuda, where you will be docked for 3 days and really be able to explore, just using the ship as your hotel.

Whether land or sea enjoy your next vacation.:D

Archived