Cunard 3 Day Sale for 2012 TA's

MCC retired

Feb 1 thru Feb 3

Most every 2012 TA on sale along with OBC and reduced , non refundable , deposits

Late May- mid June as well as Oct-Dec rates appear the lowest of the year.

Your US Travel Agent should have received advance notification along with the lead rates for each cabin type .

Feb 1 thru Feb 3

Most every 2012 TA on sale along with OBC and reduced , non refundable , deposits

Late May- mid June as well as Oct-Dec rates appear the lowest of the year.

Your US Travel Agent should have received advance notification along with the lead rates for each cabin type .

I'm trying to decide between a TA and the New England trip in October, this may be very tempting!

We are hoping to book May 29th NY-Southampton on QM 2, but were not planning to use a travel agent. Are the reduced rates mentioned for Feb 1-3 also going to be available if booking directly through Cunard? Thanks.

Maina ,

The Sale is probably available for direct booking , but you will have to wait until the Sale to find out what the rates will be for the TA you wish.(May 29th has great rates compared to the rest of May)

I got a peak at the lead in rates from my TA.

Travel Agents have those lead in fares now although booking will have to wait.

Don't forget , a good Travel Agent should thank you for your booking ,with an additional discount , OBC , or other gift.

MCC Retired--I appreciate the information you posted here. Due to complexities of return airfare, we are indeed thinking of using a travel agent this time. If the agent can get us some OBC on Cunard (or other "enticement" or reward) by booking through him/her, so much the better.

Interestingly, right now every on-line travel agent site (e.g., AMEX, Avoya, AAA) I've checked has the exact same cabin prices quoted as on the Cunard website; Avoya does mention the possibility of OBC for certain trips and certain cabin classes, but doesn't specify which.

We are first-time cruisers, and really looking forward to QM 2.

Maina,

Look for the online agencies that specialize in cruises . They will have "cruise" in their name . There are many , but since we can't mention any ,

your on your own. You may have to request a quote via email or phone to get their actual price.

You can use the Travel Agent Locator link that's on the Cunard website.

There you can search for Cunard Commodores . They are agents that have completed extensive online training about the Cunard product, .

Cunard sailings are often big ticket bookings for many agencies . Certainly enough comm. earned to warrent something special for booking, other than paying "retail" as you would by booking direct.

http://www.cunard.com/specialoffers?gclid=COqMn4777q0CFQnd4AodTmBbug

When I did a google search for "Cunard Commodores," this link was one of the ones that came up, but it only applies to certain crossings (not May 29th) and certain cabin categories, unfortunately.

Oh smoking mirrors. Nov 29... the lead in rate is now 995pp... and the deposit is refundable!

I never book under nonrefundable conditions.

Please note that the fares listed are "from" and not applicable to every date listed for ta's.

Thanks very much for the link. Looking at the table, I find that only certain categories are available for the dates shown. For example, comparing the table in the link with the Cunard Website for the 5/29 eastbound (Britannia class):

Savings on a C-4 (ocean view, porthole) is about $100 per person.

Savings on B-5 (premium, sheltered balcony) is about $300 per person

Savings on A-4 (deluxe, obstructed balcony) is about $100 per person

On Cunard site, no C-4 or B-5 staterooms are listed as available for 5/29 eastbound, though there is the statement: "Guarantee stateroom are available for this grade. A guarantee stateroom means that you will at least be given a stateroom of the type you are booking, and in some instances of a higher rate, although it may be situated on a different deck plan for the grade guaranteed. The fare quoted will, however, remain unchanged."

The web link about the sale also states: "Fares in other categories will vary. Government fees and taxes range from $25 to $55 per person and are additional and subject to change." However, there is also mention there of OBC of up to $300.

So, we'll wait and see how much the final real savings are, factoring in possible OBC, etc.

Yes, the cat Guarantee may be what is available for the sale.

Guarantees are often your very best rates as long as you

can accept the cruise line assigning your cabin in that cat. Or better .

The table lists Lead Fares (the least expensive cat in each cabin type)

The OBC will not show unless booked during the Sale.

Again, a TA can explain this better as well as answer other first timer

questions.

I was looking at the 7/27 westbound TA. Fits in nice with my schedule. I figured a few days in London first and then the TA home. But then I looked at hotels. July 27th is the opening day of the 2012 Olympics - in London. While I think it would be fun to party ahead of the games, I'm not sure the hassle of the hotels, restaurants and getting the train to Southampton will detract from the trip. I have to think this one over a few times.

I attended the 1976 games in Monteal and 1980 games in Lake Placid. They were fun. But I was a lot younger. Then in 1984 for Los Angeles I got to run with the torch in the Olympic torch relay. That was really fun. I'm sure London will be a blast. But I remember the hassles of getting around in 76 + 80. I guess I have until Feb 3rd when the sale ends to decide.

Information on this "sale", does suggest that many of the cruises are in fact fully sold out except for the "expensive" cabins like the AA or the Grills., that the quotes for the inside cabins are just "teasers".

I spoke with two different agencies (one on line , one local)about an hour ago re a particular cruise. Both said of course that the sale does not start until midnight - neither agency has humans at work then, the local one will not have staff until 10a.m and both said that there are no inside cabins available, and only 1 AA, and a "couple of Grills".

So Cunard is "speaking with forked tongue" . What has happened to "ethics"?

For the cruise I'm looking at, and the class I'm looking at (C1-4), there are still a few cabins showing on the Cunard site as being available. The sale only quotes a price for the lowest ones in each category (e.g., D-8, C-4), but my travel agent said she thinks there will be proportional savings for the other types as well. Interestingly, just in the last few days or so C-4 is showing on the Cunard site as sold out. Even if C1-C2 aren't in fact on sale, our travel agent will go on bright and early tomorrow(8 am US eastern time) and grab us a cabin, as we really want to sail on May 29th. For what it's worth, the May 29th TA seems to have plenty of inside, balcony (both types), Princess and Queens Grill cabins left. (I think the C-class group is the smallest number overall, so I'm not surprised they are almost gone.)

Hope we don't get "upgraded" to A-4 obstructed view balcony!

Our travel agent got us booked this morning, with the fare reduction during the 3-day sale. We have a C-1 cabin, $1225 each; listed price for C-1 for that date is $1465. (Additional fees add about $45 to the total.) Many thanks to MCCRetired for posting the heads up about the 3-day sale, which I don't think we ever would have spotted on our own.

I share my thanks.

I got a B-4 Guar for $100 less per person than the original B-5 I had booked for June 10 and our onboard credit increased by another $100 per person.

My Travel Agent did not even know about this one.

This is why I love Cruise Critic.

Our travel agent didn't know about the sale either. We haven't used a travel agent in years, but decided to do so this time. I probably could have done it myself on the Cunard website, but decided I'd rather have her getting online early, as I had a lot to do today at work. (Frankly, I don't think the agent got us anything different than what I would have done.)

I reserved an A2 cabin today on deck 11 for 8/3 - the only glass balcony category to have anything midship, apparently - and was given a quote of $1840 pp (inc. all taxes and fees). We called a cruise specialty online agency. The agent said Cunard was offering $100 pp onboard credit and the agency offered $25 pp credit. We have not sailed with Cunard before; does this sound about right to those of you (unlike me!) who would know?

I'm a little concerned about being that high up motion-wise; we've always been down a few decks from there in the past. Any thoughts are welcome! Thank you!

Archived