Website Problems

RCI puts a lot of junk on your pc using flash drive/cookies(tracking cookies). You cannot delete this junk/kind of cookie by just deleting your cookies. You have to go to adobe flash drive and delete the flash cookies there. take a look at the list when you go there and you will see what I mean. :)

Be sure you have all your PW's and UN's before deleting

My Adobe is up to date... HOW is it that an out of date Adobe would allow me to see a TROJAN threat ONLY on RCCL's site???

That particular virus relies on out of date Adobe to infect. Do me a favor and check your version of Java as well. You have Kaspersky, yes? I assume it's current?

RCI puts a lot of junk on your pc using flash drive/cookies(tracking cookies). You cannot delete this junk/kind of cookie by just deleting your cookies. You have to go to adobe flash drive and delete the flash cookies there. take a look at the list when you go there and you will see what I mean. :)

Be sure you have all your PW's and UN's before deleting

So... would i go to Flash Player settings and 'Delete all local storage, saved choices, settings, and other data used by content in Flash Player across all browsers on this computer'???

Any help is greatly appreciated... I'm not the most tech-savvy so any help is good for me... thanks.

So... would i go to Flash Player settings and 'Delete all local storage, saved choices, settings, and other data used by content in Flash Player across all browsers on this computer'???

Any help is greatly appreciated... I'm not the most tech-savvy so any help is good for me... thanks.

Yes exactly right, website storage folder. You should be able to delete all or one at a time if you want. Just be advised that your un's and pw's will have to be reset for any site that thats used. I would scroll throught the list first before deleting. You can also set limits on this folder but I just leave it on factory and go in every so often and delete the whole list. You will see CC in there also. Its like getting rid of big brother off your pc

CK's site is right on

FWIW, I did a variety of searches on the site. I can't find anything unusual. Virustotal also shows no issues for rccl.com, royalcaribbean.com and their login screen. Site advisor says it's clean. I rounded up the usual suspects, and ended up with zip. Is anyone seeing an issue who does NOT have Kaspersky?

To the OP, I noticed you are from Canada. Try setting the website to "United States" (upper right corner on main webpage) and then logging in. Worked for me.

Then what do you suggest for the rest of us here in the US,that it isnt working for??;):p

I was getting the same thing at 3am est this morning (Friday) and am getting the same thing now at 145pm est... NOT GOOD... Best to just let it be for the weekend and check in on Monday when their I.T. guys get done fishing out the bugs.

A trojan could be a huge problem for someone if they don't have the right protection... Imagine getting your reservation hacked :eek: and then finding out whoever did it changed all your information and put their's in place?!?!?!... I'm sorry sir, but that's not the name on the reservation...

im not an IT girl~but it's not good~ i won't be entering any passwords and definitely not a credit card number!!!

Why is it you and I are the only ones SEEING this Trojan issue??? Hopefully the rest of the folks don't get their personal info jacked because they decided to log in after getting a virus on their computer from the site...

What Anti-Virus software are you running??? I have Kaperski on a new (June) HP laptop...

i have kapersky-

I've had trouble today...but the only reason I visited was to check out the savings certs they told me via email were available:rolleyes:.

Who is planning down there? Do promotions and IT even coordinate? It's stunning how poorly run this is! If this website were a ship, it would be running aground right now!:eek:

i have kapersky-

Well, Flopthis and Mr. Bungle, I have Kaspersky, I followed Cigar King's instructions re Adobe Flash Player and then I went to my browser and deleted all of my cookies and browsing history, and I still get the trojan horse message from Kaspersky on the RCCL website and cannot enter it. I don't really want to enter it with all of this going on. Apparently, there is something with the RCCL website and Kaspersky that is causing this problem. Now I don't know if there really is a trojan or not, but this is extremely disturbing. When I spoke to RCCL earlier today, they said that this is all due to problems with their website, but now, I'm not so sure, it may be problems with Kaspersky too. If any of you have better luck than I did, please let me know what you did to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Archived