Website Problems

I'm obviously not affiliated with either RCI or Kaspersky. Judging by what people are writing it appears that the problem is a Kaspersky issue, and not a RCI issue. Assuming you are up to date (OS, AV Adobe, Java, browser) and you have cleared your cache, I'm not sure what else I can think of. If you are an IE user, you might want to make sure you have the latest version. IE9 is available at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

(you check your version of IE in Help/About...look for 9 something.)

Many thanks to you, C.K., you are a beacon of hope in this Kaspersky, RCCL, Windows, Internet Explorer, wilderness. I will keep trying all of your suggestions and, if no luck, will try to contact Kaspersky on Monday.

1. From Canada, no problems tonight logging in with country set to Canada using IE 9.
  2. Issue with a virus checker complaining with access using one browser and not another is most likely due to different scripts (active content) begin run by the web page depending on the browser that is referencing it. Also possible it's due to different library (add-ons, dll etc.) versions being used by the browsers.

I know, I know!!!:eek:

But this time my compter won't even let me on RC's website--My virus protection (Kapersky) says there's a trojan...is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

I can go to all my other "regular" websites...just not RC's.

I had the same problem on Jan. 26 also. Today is first day back on the boards since Jan. 1 so forgive me if someone else has posted that it has been fixed.

This is the message i get: 1/27/2012 10:36:23 AM Internet Explorer Denied: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Gumblar.x http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do[16]

I have emailed them saying that my computer is detecting a trojan. (ya i know, like they'll respond), but I am not entering any peronal info until that trojan is GONE!!! My computer started detecting it yesterday. And only detects a trojan on RCCL's website.

got same message on Jan 26.

Had no trouble with regular part of the website on Jan. 26 -- troubles began when I logged into Mycruises.

Saved Kaspersky Trojan horse report on notepad/text. Scanned and had no problem as it was denied.

Did report Trojan to RCI Diamond plus desk who said they will inform the IT folks.

Will check tomorrow or Monday and see if I still get the problem.

That is outstanding. Do you recall what version of IE you were running before the upgrade?

IE7.

I have a rather new laptop - its 6 mos old. Toshiba. I have had problems with virus' before I got this comuter. I have my security on high- near to lock down. <shrugs> Let's blame it on Rccl. :D

Thanks. It's not unusual for a "new" computer to come with "old" software. In your case, IE 7 is already several years old. When I get a new machine the first thing I do is update everything, and remove all the bloatware they load. Glad your problems have been resolved.

Thanks. It's not unusual for a "new" computer to come with "old" software. In your case, IE 7 is already several years old. When I get a new machine the first thing I do is update everything, and remove all the bloatware they load. Glad your problems have been resolved.

"bloatware" ...I love it! My DH does all our IT and he spends the first 1/2 hour with a new machine "uninstalling":D

Thanks to all of you, especially Cigar King. I just called Kaspersky and this is what they said (they also said to pass this on to everybody, so here goes). I had to open Kaspersky and add rccl.com as a "Trusted URL". The Kaspersky guy I spoke to said that the anti-virus program was being "over protective".

Now I don't get the trojan message and I can get into "My Cruises". I do still find that the website is rather slow, but at least, I can get in!

Thanks to all of you, especially Cigar King. I just called Kaspersky and this is what they said (they also said to pass this on to everybody, so here goes). I had to open Kaspersky and add rccl.com as a "Trusted URL". The Kaspersky guy I spoke to said that the anti-virus program was being "over protective".

Now I don't get the trojan message and I can get into "My Cruises". I do still find that the website is rather slow, but at least, I can get in!

Better safe than sorry...

I'm in now too. No more message.

It's not working so far for me. Have been on hold with Kaspersky forever. Also sent trojan code report to RCL.

It's not working so far for me. Have been on hold with Kaspersky forever. Also sent trojan code report to RCL.
Kaspersky had me download Kaspersky 12 and even re-adding RCCL to trusted sights did not help. Still getting the Trojan message as long as I am logged into "My Cruises". Able to navigate the rest of the web if I am logged off of My Cruises. Talked at length with RCI IT guy as I was trying to book specialty restaurants (they have not opened yet for our next cruise) and they are going to see if they can fix it on their end. He said to give it 24 hours.

I added rccl.com/mycruises and royalcaribbean.com/my cruises to trusted sites.

Don't have the trojan issues but if I go to crown and anchor it does not recognize my email and password. Called C&A and they told me that they had website problems since last week. Noticed my bring a friend credit wasn't showing up and she checked it and said it wasn't there anymore and would add it again. So am just going to wait a few days and see if they get it fixed.

Don't have the trojan issues but if I go to crown and anchor it does not recognize my email and password. Called C&A and they told me that they had website problems since last week. Noticed my bring a friend credit wasn't showing up and she checked it and said it wasn't there anymore and would add it again. So am just going to wait a few days and see if they get it fixed.
Waiting a day or so to check the "My Cruises" area like the RCI tech said to last night. It sounds like the problems are website wide.

Not sure if this is your problem or not,but if you have the page bookmarked,dont try going on thru it..........

Type the URL and go in that way........

If not,others have had problems last week accessing their account.I just tried and had no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the RCCL site and My Cruise area to work with Kaspersky trojan warning. I think Kaspersky worked it from their end and I re-entered RCCL.com, RCCL.com/mycruises and variations of royalcaribbean.com with the *s etc as instructed by the Kaspersky tech. Was able to book a spa appointment for my upcoming May cruise. Yay.

Archived