Lobster Dinner

I found some menus online from a past sailing of the Freedom of the Seas. There were NO lobster nights. Did Royal Caribbean stop doing their Lobster Dinners. I haven't sailed since 2008?

Its the Fishermans Platter. Usually served on the 5th night (or second formal night) and comes with a few small shrimp and some steamed veggies. Lobster tail is available on all cruises Caribbean cruises 5 nights or longer

i sure hope so ... i didnt see it on the menus that were posted ... i would be so disappointed if it was gone. They had a surf and turf but it was a filet and shrimp ... so not the same

Look for the Fishermans Platter on the menu :) On the Freedom menu, it should be the 5th night I believe. :)

IMHO I don't care much for lobster night. The only time I have had lobster that was worse was when I tried cooking it..I think it is impossible to cook that many loaster tail and have them come out right. Mine on the ship have consistently come out cold or rubbery or both...:eek:

IMHO I don't care much for lobster night. The only time I have had lobster that was worse was when I tried cooking it..I think it is impossible to cook that many loaster tail and have them come out right. Mine on the ship have consistently come out cold or rubbery or both...:eek:

Totally agree,small one small fresh water lobster tail,usually dried out and tough. I don't bother ordering anymore.:(

I'll join both of you! I can't see what the excitement is when there are so many tastier choices.

If you want lobster there are lots of good restarants in Cape Canaveral. You can ask at ask.com and you will get a good list. Now, if you are in the Orlando area - Boston Lobster Feast is a buffet - and you can have as much as you want. OK it is about $50 per person - - and it is a buffet for good or bad - - but if I am looking for a Maine lobster I just go there.

To each his/her own, right? I don't eat the lobster onboard anymore either, but I had one heck of an awful Chops steak once too. And I thought I was going to pass out from all the gristle in my "famous" roast beef sandwich from the Park Café on Oasis. :rolleyes: Absolutely terrible.

Food is subjective. :p

Archived