Need 1 point??

GaryNFla

Majesty of the seas Feb 3rd 3 nighter $189.

That do the trick?

Do you even have to actually board?

Yes you have to actually board and stay on the ship for the entire cruise.

Points are only given for completed cruises not paid for cruises.

A bit like airline miles if you are a no show you won´t get miles for it.

Now that's what I mean about having a game plan. :D Not to hijack this post, but could you tell me what combination of cruises you are going on to rack up 44 points in one year? It's going to take us a year longer to do that!

We do it the old fashioned way - a lot of short cruises in JS mixed with a few longer cruises:

NYE 4-night JS - 8 points

Spring break 5-night JS - 10 points

May 7-night - 7 points

June 3-night JS - 6 points

July 7-night - 7 points

October 3-night JS - 6 points

Total 44 points ( and a lot more fun, because we get to take six cruises a year:))

I wonder if RCCL has ever thought about selling C&A points? There are lots of us that are 1 or 2 points shy, I'll be at 174 after my next cruise. If you were 1 or 2 points shy, how much would you pay for a C&A point?

$63 bucks a point?

That cheap three day I found works out to that ; -)

So I'm new to RCCL so obviously don't have any points. So below a JS is straight points for the number of days you cruise I'm reading. Question, what is the break up of the different levels and the benefits. I've read some grumblings about recent changes and not enough perks. We've cruised Holland and Carnival in the past and are really looking forward to RCCL and suspect we'll cruise them a lot.

I'm in a similar situation but it's 14 cruise points from the next level so when I was looking at Transatlantic cruises for this April, it enlimiated a good number of them so I'm left with the 14-16 days to pick from. :)

One week in a JS or better will get you fourteen points.

I wonder if RCCL has ever thought about selling C&A points? There are lots of us that are 1 or 2 points shy, I'll be at 174 after my next cruise. If you were 1 or 2 points shy, how much would you pay for a C&A point?

Zero. I would just wait until the next cruise.

So I'm new to RCCL so obviously don't have any points. So below a JS is straight points for the number of days you cruise I'm reading. Question, what is the break up of the different levels and the benefits. I've read some grumblings about recent changes and not enough perks. We've cruised Holland and Carnival in the past and are really looking forward to RCCL and suspect we'll cruise them a lot.

Here is a link to the breakdown of the points ...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/aboutprogram.do

Here is a link to the benefits page ...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

And here is a link to the Crown & Anchor home page ...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/homeLoggedout.do?snav=2&cS=NAVBAR&pnav=6

I am in the same shape. After taking a 16 day i will be 1 point shy of the next level. Does the 16 Day give you any more points? Only upgrading to a js will give me more points on the 16 day? Not sure i want to do that.

1 point away when we do the alaska cruise. We do not live close enough for a 3or 4 day cruise.

The suite upgrade is the only way to get bonus points now. The old system, allowed a bonus point on longer cruises. Bummer, but, you'll be there soon enough.

Actually it is a lot easier to get bonus points now. Before, if you took a four night cruise you got one point. If you took a five night cruise you also got one point.

Now, if you take a five night cruise, you get one bonus point over taking a four night cruise. All of that without paying extra for a suite. :)

I did a 3 night cruise last January on the Majesty to get to Diamond. Without it it would have taken 2 more cruises for me and DW to get there after the point system changed because most of my RCI cruises at that time had been 3 dayers on the Majesty. The various discounts for the Internet (coupon book), balcony, free alcoholic and coffee drinks and concierge services in the Diamond Lounge, etc. we have enjoyed on RCI cruises since then have more than paid for the cost of that cheap cruise, which, BTW, was most enjoyable.

Les

Actually it is a lot easier to get bonus points now. Before, if you took a four night cruise you got one point. If you took a five night cruise you also got one point.

Now, if you take a five night cruise, you get one bonus point over taking a four night cruise. All of that without paying extra for a suite. :)

While I see your point, I'm not sure the math works out, since when they did the conversion, both of those cruises would have been worth 7 nights. (+1 for the first cruise)

LOL.... thanks..my next cruise gets me 1 point shy, the cruise I am about to book gets me 1 point shy on Celebrity....

Just so you know, you get transferable benefits between the lines. Since you have already sailed on both, you get the benefits right away.

When we hit Platinum on Royal we were automatically bumped up to Select on Celebrity (even though we only have 4 pts there). We need two more cruises on Royal to get to Diamond and once we are there, we will get automatically bumped to Elite on Celebrity.

But, you still accumulate points separately. Although I do have a cruise on the Xpedition this summer, I will not be booking anymore Celebrity until after I hit Diamond on Royal. Since I will get automatic Elite status, I will no longer need to worry about Celebrity points.

The suite upgrade is the only way to get bonus points now. The old system, allowed a bonus point on longer cruises. Bummer, but, you'll be there soon enough.

Actually the old system robbed you of points on 8 and 9 night cruises since it only gave you one pt. 9 nights was no more value than 3 nights. It also robbed you of points on those long cruises when you had a suite. I took a 14 night TA this past summer in a Suite and got 28 points. On the old system it would have only been 3 points. The suite was only worth 1` bonus point regardless of length of cruise, now you get benefit for the full length of the cruise.

I have 50 poimts which I think is Platinum. I will beon a TA this April which will get me to 64. A Med cruise in the summer in a JS will take me to 78. I will then do another TA next April, but will not hit 80 points until after that cruise, as I will start 2 points short. What are the chances of being able to convince them to let me in to the free drinks on day three? None I expect, but worth a shot!

Before your next cruise of any length (like a week), take a few extra days and do a short 3 or 4 night cruise out of the same area. Then call Crown & Anchor and make sure that they get word to the ship that have hit the next level. Take your Sea Pass account/bill with you as corroboration of your status. Then you will have that next level of status on your longer trip. Then you don't have the expense of additional travel to port.

I am 2 points away from the next level. Hate it.

I too am just 2 points away from moving to D

I just completed a 11 night cruise on the Explorer we had a JS , I tried and tried to find a 12 nighter that would put me right where I needed to be.

Well as things would go, my 11 nighter ended Saturday as a 12 night cruise due to an medical emergency onboard. I am sure I wouldn't have a leg to stand out trying to get that ex day credited. But it would be nice.

I can not do a short cruise out of my port. I have to fly to Florida and by the time you add airfare/hotel/cruise it comes out more then a 7 day out of Galveston. BUT my husband does not want to do Galveston again to the same ports.

I wish you could buy points like you can do with airlines.

I do have a RCCL VIsa and i guess we could upgrade to a suite with those points. Would that help us get more points on our TA in november?

Archived