NCL Star Question(s)

dolfin6857

We'll be going on our first ever cruise on the Norwegian Star in March.

Does anyone have any tips on the wifi? is it better to just buy one of the packages or to just text and use the cell phone/roaming charge?

Is the soda package worth it?

Bingo... do you use daubers?

Hubby wanted me to ask if there is Deuces Wild video poker

thanks in advance :)

Usually, e-mail is the cheapest option, if you're just checking in occassionally....or, if some of your ports are San Juan (American) or the U.S. Virgin Islands (American), you should be able to call on your cell from land there. Otherwise, you can make do without "contact" for 7 days!

We'll be going on our first ever cruise on the Norwegian Star in March.

Does anyone have any tips on the wifi? is it better to just buy one of the packages or to just text and use the cell phone/roaming charge?

Is the soda package worth it?

Bingo... do you use daubers?

Hubby wanted me to ask if there is Deuces Wild video poker

thanks in advance :)

Congratulations on your first cruise and welcome to CC!

We took our first cruise on the Star on 12-18-11 and had an awesome time!

Check out my review in the link in my signature file below. It is wordy with numerous pictures. :D

I opted for the texting but had my cell phone capable of voice communications if needed. You should check with your carrier and ask what your options are versus what you might need. I have Verizon. I checked with the folks in the store and they had me call an "international" division. The folks there "activated" me for international calling and gave me dialing instructions.

Sending a text was 0.50 cents. Recieving a text was 0.05 cents. I never used the cell phone itself and shutoff the data portion. Reception for sending a receiving seemed spotty in my opinion.

I bought the "soda card" and think it is worth it for me. If you think you will drink three Pepsi products a day, then it is a better value. (I believe it is three per day). It was nice to be able to present my sea card with the sticker on it showing I had paid for the package where ever I wanted including the restaurants.

I'm sure you will have a blast on your cruise - I know we did.

Archived