Trikes in Aruba

Csh2145

After reading all the great reviews about the trikes I reserved 2 three seater trikes for 6 in May of 2013. I didn't want to miss out because it is the #1 recommendation thing to do on Trip Advisor. I initially was thinking of renting a jeep to get around for our group of 6, but this sounded like so much more fun. I don't think the company picks you up at the cruise terminal anymore. They advised us to get a taxi which costs about $9.00 each way. After our trike tour we plan to spend the rest of the day at Palm Beach before we have to take a taxi back.

I think they have increased their inventory too, but it does fill up quick. Everyone in our group thought this was a "cool" way to see the island. Can't wait!!! :D

Dorine, Was that $9.00 per taxi or per person. According to one website I got on the taxi's will ONLY take 5 passengers.

We rented one trike for May 2nd 2013. I have two questions. 1) If they are located just one block from the cruise terminal do they recommend we take a taxi because of the danger of this area? 2) How do you drive these trikes, meaning is the accelerator a foot pedal or on the handlebars like a motorcycle?

Jim

P.S. My wife wants to know if I need to take out more life-insurance? She's afraid of me doing wheeleys!!

We rented one trike for May 2nd 2013. I have two questions. 1) If they are located just one block from the cruise terminal do they recommend we take a taxi because of the danger of this area? 2) How do you drive these trikes, meaning is the accelerator a foot pedal or on the handlebars like a motorcycle?

Jim

P.S. My wife wants to know if I need to take out more life-insurance? She's afraid of me doing wheeleys!!

We have a reservation for April 2013. I have emailed them a number of times with questions and they told me to take a cab to the trikes, it's about a 10-15 car ride from the ship dock.

According to their website at http://trikes-aruba.com/faq.php?pageid=OQ==

Q.8) Where can we find you?

Our address is THE MILL 8, Palm Beach (across the Riu and close to the Westin Resort), on the parking lot in front of the Dutch Mill. It’s the last blue cottage. The best way to get to our office is by car or Taxi. There we will give you short but proper instructions on how to safely drive the Trike.

This is in Palm beach. This is not within walking distance of the cruise terminal. I would allot 15-20 minute for the taxi ride in that it is dependent upon traffic getting out of downtown Oranjestad.

Edited by Arubalisa

Our address is THE MILL 8, Palm Beach (across the Riu and close to the Westin Resort), on the parking lot in front of the Dutch Mill. It’s the last blue cottage. The best way to get to our office is by car or Taxi. There we will give you short but proper instructions on how to safely drive the Trike.

This is in Palm beach. This is not within walking distance of the cruise terminal. I would allot 15-20 minute for the taxi ride in that it is dependent upon traffic getting out of downtown Oranjestad.

First of thanks to ya'll for your info. A taxi it will be. So after the trike tour we will still have 3 hours to kill so how far is Palm Beach from there?

Stick shift, don't worry they will give you a lesson and take you for a test drive before departing on the tour.

Don't worry even if you don't know how to drive a motorcycle? If the controls are like a motorcycle, I don't know how to shift on them. My only experience is with scooters that don't go fast enough to need different gears.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't worry even if you don't know how to drive a motorcycle? If the controls are like a motorcycle, I don't know how to shift on them. My only experience is with scooters that don't go fast enough to need different gears.

DH drove ours while there, and he doesn't drive a motorcycle. He said it was more like driving a standard car. The shifting is very similar to driving a standard car, and the Trikes don't tip over (don't have to hold them up while riding like a motorcycle). Hope this helps you out some.

My SIL, never driven a motorcycle in her life made it with no problems. They will not release you to drive unless they are comfortable that you can drive safely.

Mom and I are on the Zuideram Sunfarer's cruise and I've reserved a trike for Mom and me for the afternoon of Nov. 22th.

FYI...Mom's 80 years young!!!

p.s. When I told her we would be taking a trike tour of the island, and showed her the website, the first thing she asked was "How to you pedal these things?" :D

Edited by cavecats

DH drove ours while there, and he doesn't drive a motorcycle. He said it was more like driving a standard car. The shifting is very similar to driving a standard car, and the Trikes don't tip over (don't have to hold them up while riding like a motorcycle). Hope this helps you out some.

I can drive a manual transmission car, so it sounds like I'll be OK. Thanks everyone!

Just received an email informing us that we won't be picked up at our resort in November. We have to go to their business. A little dissappointed but it seems near. Hopefully easy to find. Their price also went up $20 or so. It still sounds like fun and a good deal. The price of fame and having a successful business. We can't wait until Nov 19.

Does anyone know if you can take the bus to the Mill Resort, or to the Westin? Last time we were in Aruba we took the bus to the beach at the Amsterdam resort; looks like the Westin is just a bit further along the same road, if the bus goes that far it would be less expensive than a cab.

is it safe to to drive around in aruba, i think there is a tour guide with the treks. it looks like so much fun