Trikes in Aruba

Csh2145

It's a little bit of a trip to/from if those folks are still operating out of their home. Lots of lights. I'd say a good 20", maybe 30".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

If you mean 20 - 30 minutes, that’s not too bad.

I heard of some that are 2 hours to the start!

Judy

• 4 weeks later...
I am so excited!

Do you remember how long it took - Leaving ship to returning (approximate)?

We’ll be there in November & have a reservation.

Thanks for any info.

Judy

We just did this Sat. Met them at the end of the dock at 8:15, a short walk to where the trikes were parked. We were done at 12:30 :)

• 3 weeks later...

What fun we had riding the “Trikes”.

There were 5 couples and a lead car.

We rode all over the island and saw most everything.

At each stop. they rotated the trikes so that everyone was in a different position each “leg” of the trip.

This was one of the very best excursions we’ve ever done.

Judy

What fun we had riding the “Trikes”.

There were 5 couples and a lead car.

We rode all over the island and saw most everything.

At each stop. they rotated the trikes so that everyone was in a different position each “leg” of the trip.

This was one of the very best excursions we’ve ever done.

Judy

I have the trikes booked for my stop in May and I can't wait to do it. It looks like the best way to see the island.

One question if you don't mind. I read that they don't let you go into the water and back on the trike, is that right? Do they stop along the way to get an "adult" beverage? I know my husband will be driving so no reason why I can't have a drink or 4 ;)

I have the trikes booked for my stop in May and I can't wait to do it. It looks like the best way to see the island.

One question if you don't mind. I read that they don't let you go into the water and back on the trike, is that right? Do they stop along the way to get an "adult" beverage? I know my husband will be driving so no reason why I can't have a drink or 4 ;)

Hi,

There was never a reason - or chance - to get wet.

You’ll be glad to know that they do make a “refreshment” stop and I am pretty sure that all of our drivers had one beer. The guides didn’t seem to mind.

BTW - if you have a small camera, I would carry it on the bike (as a passenger). I had my iPad and took a few good shots. A phone should be easy also. Just my opinion as they do not recommend this.

Hope this helps.

Judy

Hi,

There was never a reason - or chance - to get wet.

You’ll be glad to know that they do make a “refreshment” stop and I am pretty sure that all of our drivers had one beer. The guides didn’t seem to mind.

BTW - if you have a small camera, I would carry it on the bike (as a passenger). I had my iPad and took a few good shots. A phone should be easy also. Just my opinion as they do not recommend this.

Hope this helps.

Judy

I thought I read somewhere that they drive to Babys Beach?? Thats where I thought about getting wet. We always went to Babys Beach when we were in Aruba.

Love being able to stop for a drink. I'm sure if its hot everyone will need some refreshments. I have a small camera so I will make sure I carry it on me.

I just found out a friend of mine is going on the Breeze over Christmas and doing the trikes in Aruba. Can't wait to hear all about it from her when she returns.

Thanks again for the info Judy :)

We made a couple of stops. At the rocks there was a bar I believe. I think we did stop at Baby's Beach but it was for a very short period of time. Maybe it was just our group but I think everyone was there for the ride. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would recommend anyone taking this tour to make sure you put sunscreen on your legs BEFORE the tour and at the breaks they give you . I always remember to put sunscreen on my face/arms but didn't think about my legs and thighs and boy did I get burned . Bad thing was it was burned on the front of my legs not the backs haha .. it was funny after the sting went away haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Yes, sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen.

Apply about 30 to 45 minutes before you leave and then reapply at every stop.

I would suggest wearing a long sleeved white shirt.

When you apply sunscreen, remember the back of your neck (no low cut blouses) and your legs and the tops of your feet.

Don’t forget your sunglasses also.

Hats will blow off unless they have a very secure strap.

This was an awesome trip and probably one of the very best we’ve ever done.

If you have a choice, do the morning tour - the sun is not quite as intense.

Each bike has a compartment that locks. It is big and will hold a backpack - maybe even 2 of them.

I kept my iPad with me on the bike - I was very careful & kept it low when I wasn’t using it for photos.

Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Judy

When you apply sunscreen, remember the back of your neck (no low cut blouses) and your legs and the tops of your feet.

Judy

...and if you don't wear a hat which is secured to your head so it won't blow away, make sure you apply TONS of sunscreen to your ears, especially the tops. ;) Been there, done that, forgot :eek: and won't ever again. ;)

We made a couple of stops. At the rocks there was a bar I believe. I think we did stop at Baby's Beach but it was for a very short period of time. Maybe it was just our group but I think everyone was there for the ride. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, I'm there for the ride but if its that hot, the water at Babys Beach is a nice way to cool off.

Oh, I'm there for the ride but if its that hot, the water at Babys Beach is a nice way to cool off.

We did not go to Baby beach and did not stop anywhere for a swim. It was an active day without it. After we walked to the Radisson and had cold drinks at Gilligans bar. 2 for 1 specials and the beach is there if you want to go swimming.

Is this something you booked on your own? We haven't found what to do in Aruba and it sounds like fun. Where would we find the info? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not a ship tour.

Here is their site:

http://www.trikes-aruba.com/

Book early, they fill up fast.

Morning is best - not as hot.

This is one of the best things we’ve ever done at ant port.

I highly recommend it.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
We are in port 7am - 5pm. If we do the morning tour - is it possible to hit a beach for a little while afterwards? Thanks!

Yes. You will be done by 12:30. When we first booked I had asked them about being dropped at the beach and they said no problem. Then we decided not to do that. The beach is very close by to port. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We did this excursion just last week. It was AMAZING. They picked us up right outside the port entrance (our name was on a white board). They trained us on how to drive the trikes (super easy) and then took us on a 4 hour tour of the island. This was the highlight of our entire cruise. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!