Trikes in Aruba

Csh2145

How jerky are these trikes? I would love to try it but don't want something that is going to whip my neck around a lot. I don't mind it being a little bumpy but don't want to go four wheeling or anything haha. I hope this hasn't already been asked. I tried to breeze through the questions before asking :)

Thanks!

How jerky are these trikes? I would love to try it but don't want something that is going to whip my neck around a lot. I don't mind it being a little bumpy but don't want to go four wheeling or anything haha. I hope this hasn't already been asked. I tried to breeze through the questions before asking :)

Thanks!

It's all in the driver....

Not jerky, just fun.

Not scary at all.

Best tour any place in the Caribbean.

Judy

• 3 weeks later...

Got it secured! Now there will be four of us on this tour in Feb. Yippee! Looking forward to it. We are on the morning ride, so back at the port at 12:30 (8:30 - 12:30) so we will have a bit of time (a few hours) to explore after that as well.

What time were you picked up? We will be in Aruba in Jan. and the ship docks at 8AM.

We are doing the same. Ship docks in Feb. at 8:00 am. We are scheduled for the 8:30 am tour. 8:30 am - 12:30 pm. Which gives us a couple of hours afterward to explore a bit, or hit the beach. We are REALLY looking forward to this and they have been so responsive with my e-mails, I'm very impressed.

Word to the wise....I would bring a bandana and tie around my head like the motorcycle folks do! There's a reason they do that.....sun wind bugs sand etc. also go to dollar store and get a sunglass string thingy. Extra security for shades.

take lots of sunblock and reapply at every stop. If you wear shorts, remember you thighs & knees.

Still the best tour in the Caribbean.

Judy

Thanks for all the tips, folks. Have had confirmation of booking this morning. Will add bandana to my list (which, incidentally, I have always fancied myself in ;), and will make sure I wear my extra big sunglasses to make sure I get extra protection on top of the sunscreen. Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

We are confirmed for this on Nov 23 (?) when we're in port on the Caribbean Princess. Looked too fun to pass up since we both ride our own at home. Will post our review and maybe video wen we get home!

Glad I found out about it here! :D

Edited by lefty squeeker

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I missed it, but does anyone know the minimum age for driving one of the trikes? We will be traveling with two 19 year olds but noticed some of the ships excursions have a minimum age of 20+ for driving....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are confirmed for this on Nov 23 (?) when we're in port on the Caribbean Princess. Looked too fun to pass up since we both ride our own at home. Will post our review and maybe video wen we get home!

Glad I found out about it here! :D

Looking forward to your review. We'll be sailing on the Caribbean Princess in late February and also booked a trikes tour. Wishing you a bon voyage!

Perhaps I missed it, but does anyone know the minimum age for driving one of the trikes? We will be traveling with two 19 year olds but noticed some of the ships excursions have a minimum age of 20+ for driving....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There web site says licensed drivers so assume if u have DL and proof of insurance you're good to go. When we did this almost 3 yrs ago they only had gear shift vehicles but now have some autos I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There web site says licensed drivers so assume if u have DL and proof of insurance you're good to go. When we did this almost 3 yrs ago they only had gear shift vehicles but now have some autos I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just did this last week.

It was a blast. The trikes were automatic

Took us all over the island

They only have 8/9 trikes so they book us fast when ships in.

A big yes! From us

we did the trikes in the summer of 2014 and it was by far one of the best guided tours we have ever taken. We were met at the end of the pier, and they walked us about 2 blocks to a small parking lot of a strip mall. I got a short lesson on how to operate and someone rode with me around the mall to break me in. Yes, the stick is in the middle. You have a throttle on the right handle and the clutch is used with the right foot (That got me confused early because I was use to pressing the clutch with my right foot). Easiest way to shift was with my left hand while I kept my right hand on the throttle. The left foot has a brake. This was a half day tour of the island with plenty of sight seeing stops. We even stopped at a local pub and met some very friendly locals. Our ship was in port until 11 pm, and we did an afternoon tour. for those concerned about getting back on time, there was some stop and go traffic as we got back into town that slowed us down.

We just did this tour last tuesday ( 29th ). Absolutely fantastic. Did the morning 3 hour tour which took us all over the island. There were only 3 trikes in the group. My husband drove the stick, but the other two were automatics. The gas was on the right handle, brake right foot anf the clutch left foot. Gears in the middle.

Absolutely recommend!