Champagne and Flowers delivered to stateroom

windward1989

Hi there! I will be sailing on my 3rd cruise on March 3rd on the Grand Princess. I would like to have a bottle of champagne, two glasses, and a single rose to be delivered to my stateroom on the second night at a specific time, I'm thinking 5:30pm or so. How early in advance do I need to put in the order for this? I'm only worried because on my first cruise I ordered some flowers the same day I wanted them and they were a bit upset--apparently I didn't give them enough notice! (That was on Celebrity though).

Another question: can I pay for this on a separate card, without it showing up on the bill? This is a surprise for my boyfriend, but he's paying for everything on the cruise, and I don't want it showing up on his bill!

Thank you so much!

You can call Princess and order this ahead of time and put it on your own credit card. You will need the booking number and passengers' names and they will have it set up for you. You need to do this several weeks in advance to be certain the message gets to the ship.

We order flowers too but I don't think you can specify a time. They will deliver them when the get a chance to. Sometimes the flowers are there before we get there and some times they come later. And usually the champagne is a gift card that you then use to order the bottle from room service.

What do others think?

Hi there! I will be sailing on my 3rd cruise on March 3rd on the Grand Princess. I would like to have a bottle of champagne, two glasses, and a single rose to be delivered to my stateroom on the second night at a specific time, I'm thinking 5:30pm or so. How early in advance do I need to put in the order for this? I'm only worried because on my first cruise I ordered some flowers the same day I wanted them and they were a bit upset--apparently I didn't give them enough notice! (That was on Celebrity though).

Another question: can I pay for this on a separate card, without it showing up on the bill? This is a surprise for my boyfriend, but he's paying for everything on the cruise, and I don't want it showing up on his bill!

Thank you so much!

I think you will be just fine in ordering it either in advance or once on the ship. The fact that it is a single rose and not an arrangement, it is not the sailing day and it is a common bottle of champagne should make it very easy. They really try hard to please and will do anything possible.

I think you will be just fine in ordering it either in advance or once on the ship. The fact that it is a single rose and not an arrangement, it is not the sailing day and it is a common bottle of champagne should make it very easy. They really try hard to please and will do anything possible.

Thanks for your help. I'm inclined to think this is the way to go, but I'll call ahead just to make sure. ;)

Assuming it's not in your room when you arrive, you may also want to chat with your Room Steward when your Boyfriend isn't around letting him know what you've ordered. See if he can ensure your plan goes smoothly. Good Luck!! Surprises are wonderful!! :)

Thanks for your help. I'm inclined to think this is the way to go, but I'll call ahead just to make sure. ;)

What a neat idea. I think I would order it the first day but call 30- 60 minutes before you want them delivered to remind them of the time. I rarely get things deliver at the time I request. They are just too busy. It usually comes a little early. Not sure if room service delivers flowers or not - different department.

Have a wonderful cruise.

If you call 1-800-PRINCESS they will take care of you. You don't need the booking number, just names and sailing date. They can look up the rest. Normally they ask when you want it delivered but if not, just tell them. I do this quite often for my DIL and son. They will even email you a receipt if you ask.

Archived