Carnival Freedom for 8 or Celebrity Equinox for 10?

sguywilson

Looking at both side by side for April 7 to the 15th on Carnival Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale or Celebrity Equinox for 10 April 6th to the 16th out of Ft Lauderdale. They're both the same price both nice itineraries.

Which would you choose? This would be my third cruise on Carnival and my first on Celebrity.

Celebrity,Celebrity,Celebrity! We sail both plus RCCL. All have pros and cons but Celebrity is out favorite. Also the extra two days and the itinerary would both be a big plus. At the price . it would definitely be the time to try them. The only con might be if you are heavy smokers as there are no inside venues that allow smoking. There are a few areas(including a bar) outside where you can smoke. if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

From the PP it looks like you already made your decision. I would have gone the other way and chosen Celebrity. Same price and 2 extra nights? Would have been an easy choice to me. We've sailed with Carnival a few times, so it would be fun to try Celebrity.

Can you tell us why you decided to go with the shorter Carnival cruise?

I love the Freedom, and I like Carnival and 8 day cruises, but I also enjoyed my one Celebrity cruise. Given the choice between 8 and 10 days I would go for 10 days. My parents were on the Equinox and say it is a fantastic ship.:)

Out of boredom I just checked both cruises. An inside guarantee on Celebrity was $20 more than an oceanview on Freedom, oceanview vs oceanview is about $600 more on Celebrity, inside vs inside is about $300 more on Celebrity. Maybe they decided to go for a higher category on Carnival vs lower on Celebrity. I'd choose Carnival over Celebrity based on my age alone. There could be so many reasons.

Hey...

Actually what swayed us was my partner didn't want to ask his job for the extra 2 days off so we ended up back on Carnival. The Celebrity balconies that we're available at that price were the ones the cruise line picks for you which would have been completely fine but were limited of course. During the booking process we ended up with some big upgrade that the TA was impressed with and the price dropped a little.

I'm still very excited to go on Freedom. Looks like a great ship.

Archived