Qsine...What to order and what NOT to order??

cruiseaholic13

I am super excited about dining in Qsine on our upcoming cruise on Eclipse as I am a total "Foodie"! I understand that there is a lot of food and a lot of choices so I want to make the best of it!! For those who have been, what should we FOR SURE try and what should we SKIP?? I know taste-buds are relative...just looking for a general consensus ;)

My favorites included M's Favorites, the Tacos and the Sushi Lollipops. If you are going as a twosome definitely ask your server to bring smaller than normal servings so you can sample more - or plan to go twice!

Qsine wasn't really our thing. I thought the ambiance and theme were fun, but honestly, the food isn't near the quality we would get at any fusion restaurant here in Cali.

There certainly is a LOT of food, and you will not leave hungry, LOL! The Kobe sliders were good and so were the sushi lolipops. Painters Mignon was good too! The presentation was great.

Definitely get the lobster escargot and Kobe sliders

We agree everything was wonderful. The big hits where the Sushi Lollypops, Lobster Escargot and the Lava Crab. The only miss in our opinion was the Painters Mignon. Also don't let them talk you into the Crunchy Munchies, they were ok, just not necessary! Kim

Definitely get the lobster escargot and Kobe sliders

My DH said that he could be happy just having a double order of those two items.....

We ordered just the lamb chops from M's favorites and they were also very good. I think the two of us ordered 6 items plus dessert.

It was a very enjoyable evening.

Mari:)

I am super excited about dining in Qsine on our upcoming cruise on Eclipse as I am a total "Foodie"! I understand that there is a lot of food and a lot of choices so I want to make the best of it!! For those who have been, what should we FOR SURE try and what should we SKIP?? I know taste-buds are relative...just looking for a general consensus ;)

Our favorite was the Mediterranean (Greek) sampler!

Qsine is only on a few vessels... The Silhouette is one. You need to check each vessel's floor plan on the X website. Solstice, for example, doesn't have Qsine - they have Silk Harvest instead.

By the way - the Sushi Lollipops, Slider Party, Lava Crab were our favorites. The meatballs are good but the size of Baseballs! We agree on Crunchy Munchies - good fries, the rest: so-so.

The fish and chips were really good! I didn't care for the large meatballs.

Be sure to bring your camera and take pictures of all the food.

Ann:D

hi guys

Agree with you fish & chips were delicious as well M's favourite's, the best lamb ch0ps ever, kobe sliders, painters mignon, lava crab, spring rolls. Meatballs pretty bad. As far as desserts go, the tombstone and silver bullet were the best.

Kobe sliders, Lamb chops and the Filet Mignon were by far the best things. They try to fill you up on lots of lower cost items, but do not be fooled. Order the good stuff and ask for as much of each as you want. We are foodies and many items were very mediocre. We doubled up on the above items and were happy overall. It was the least favorite of the 4 Specialty restaurants we went to on the Silhouette, but is surely is worth experiencing it.

We loved Qsine and have already booked it for DHs birthday on Summit . We enjoyed it as a couple and had no problem getting through numerous courses.

We were there for 3 hours and enjoyed the entire experience.

We both loved M's favorites (especially the lamb chops):

2910012900104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

DH enjoyed the sushi lollipops:

2587739220104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

And the taj Mahal (Indian dishes):

2555209920104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

He also loved the lobster escargot (I wasn't crazy about it). Other dishes that were good, but not great, were the chi-tini (Chinese dishes) and the tres ceviche and fire cracker shrimp. We both agred that the tacos were pretty bland.

We both loved the chocolate tombstone

2930557300104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

And the chocolate covered strawberries that our wonderful waiter Michael brought to the table.

2549363780104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

You guys are THE BEST :D Thank you so much for the suggestions!! Hopefully we will meet some people on the ship that will want to join us, as it will just be my husband and I...we also booked in Murano and Tuscan Grille, so we probably won't be able to go twice!!

I hope they no longer have the eggrolls/springrolls filled with barbecued pork. I LOVE springrolls. I also like barbecued pork. I just didn't like this combination.

CLASSIC Chinese food is my comfort food. This was like someone pouring ice water on french fries before serving, to someone who loves those. Or, boiling lettuce, to someone who loves crisp green salads

Nothing else stood out to me. I really don't remember anything else, so perhaps that's in the restaurant's favor. I really like the couple we went with, and was trying to focus on getting to know them better, but the food was really an irritation.

This was our one and only specialty restaurant experience on Celebrity. We are not moved to try another after this. I'll spend my money on the "20 Year Martinis" before dinner instead - now THAT is a Wow! experience.

Food really is subjective. I finally got that, after this experience. (Of course, I was also dealing with a recently life threatening diagnosis for DH at the time, which remains in abeyance - much like Damocles' sword - so I may not be the best assessor of the food served, although I have to admit, if anything can break through the clouds for me, it's FOOD!)

I think that everyone should try it once - perhaps you'll be less troubled at the time than I was. But, barbecued pork spring rolls? Wouldn't be included in my "last meal" request.

Is Qsine on the Constellation also or is it just on the S category ships?

Hi Beebee,

Qsine is currently on Eclipse, Silhouette, Infinity & Summit. Qsine will also be on Millennium after her upcoming Drydock, and Reflection - when she makes her debut, later this year.

Constellation does not offer Qsine. Connie features Tuscan Grille. I hope this helps !

I had some good food in Qsine but nothing wowed my socks off, were I wearing socks. I did like the disco shrimp and lava crab. And the Tres Ceviches.

My suggestion: DO NOT order the "cauldron" of bread. It's not that it's bad, but I found the bread really heavy and you get so much food, I'd not waste room in my stomach on bread.

I also agree about the meatballs. Though not bad, they were MASSIVE. 1 meatball would have been enough for the 4 of us and I seem to recall they brought THREE of them!

Tombstone for dessert.

Lava Crab and Popcorn Fish were awesome.

Crunchie Munchies will fill you up fast so I'm not sure that's a good idea. We also weren't big fans of the tresviches. Otherwise, everything else was pretty good (Sushi Lollipops were good, just don't expect something that you'd get in an average Japanese restaurant)

Def get the Filet Mignon. It was quite nice.

Archived