is the customer a clerk

sfgent

spent the last 45 minutes trying to print boarding passes and luggage tags. why does princess refuse to mail these out.. every other cruise line has assisted me when i have not been able to do this and i wonder if they realize that many of us are not computer savy?? no one at the corporate office could offer assistance.

past cruiser priness, celebrity, p&o, hal, oceania and renaissance.

Welcome to Cyber Space. :). This is where a good travel agent would come in real handy. For those who can't or choose not to print out their documents, a TA is your friend and the person for access to documents.

Not sure of what issues you're having. The benefit of your printing the luggage tags is that they are clearly printed and have a bar code; plus, you can print as many copies as you want.

Printing your luggage tags has been the case for several years on many cruiselines. It sure beats getting docs and luggage tags the day before flying out as what happened to me on HAL several years ago. I was doing a HAL pre-cruise and didn't have hotel vouchers or even an e-ticket for my flights to/from Rio and Iguazu. Talk about anxiety! I MUCH prefer having control and printing my own tags and boarding pass.

You can always just get them at the port. I wouldn't stress over it.

I agree with this comment. As long as you've filled out the info on the Princess web site, they'll have it in their computer when you check in. And all the baggage handlers on shore have extra tags and will take care of your luggage--plenty of times I've arrived at the pier with no luggage tag because I had a guaranteed cabin category with no specific assignment yet.

I know it's frustrating, but they'll take care of you, so don't let it get in the way of enjoying the anticipation of a great vacation :)

I printed luggage tags and boarding passes today with no problem.

Are you perhaps too early. Not sure when you are cruising but ours opened up yesderday for April 15th cruise.

The luggage tags are a .pdf file. You need Adobe to print these. I am just trying to think of reasons why you cannot print them.

I remember holding my breath once waiting for docs in the mail once. But is was fun doing the doc dance.:D

What kind of issues are you having?

It's a money saver; that's all. Not having to print thousands of luggage tags and mail them out probably saves quite a few pennies.

Yes... most of a department and the space that they leased to house all the paper went away when they went to the electronic versions...

Friends, relatives, anyone else with a computer may be able to help as well. A lot of people with a little knowledge about computers enjoy helping others. Since this is just a mater of printing a few documents, there should be a good base of people that can help.

Printing my own stuff is one cost cutting measure I can live with. I'm not a clerk, but then again I'm not a chauffeur and I drove myself to the cruise. I'm not a mover but I packed all my bags and got them to the port. I'm not a chef but I made myself a sandwich to eat on the drive down. There are many things we end up doing for ourselves preparing for a cruise.

I'm up with the comment about a good Travel Agent. I'm very comfortable with computers and while I've told her that I can print my own, she always prints them for me and mails them to me.

For the original poster - who filled out your online forms? If you were able to do that, printing the documents should be easy - if someone else filled in the forms online, they should be able to print the documents for you.

Did Princess give you a reason? If your cruise is this week or next, you don't need to worry, just get the luggage tags at the port (you can bring whatever confirmation paperwork you have from Princess or your TA to act as your boarding pass).

If your cruise isn't for some weeks, just doublecheck the cruise personalizer to make sure you inputted all the info (passport, etc.). Then try printing out in a few weeks. If you still have problems, get a 10-yr-old to help (seriously, they are very computer savvy nowadays...my 14-yr-old recently showed us some trick with the control panel to use when we're having connection problems).

spent the last 45 minutes trying to print boarding passes and luggage tags. why does princess refuse to mail these out.. every other cruise line has assisted me when i have not been able to do this and i wonder if they realize that many of us are not computer savy?? no one at the corporate office could offer assistance.

Were you successful in printing out the information after your 45 minutes?

Let us know if you were not and maybe we can type in step by step instructions.

spent the last 45 minutes trying to print boarding passes and luggage tags.

If you use the Google Chrome browser it's, almost, automatic to print any page. IMO Princess make is very easy to print the docs. Question is - did you or did you not get them printed? Say no and someone will post step by step instructions. There are only about 3 steps however...

I am an IT guy by trade, but I understand things that seem simple to me, are not simple to everyone, not because I am smarter than them, but because I have done them many times.

One option would be to book through an local travel agent. I am sure most of them would get your docs printed for you.

... i wonder if they realize that many of us are not computer savy??

I guess they figure that anyone who is computer savvy enough to fill out a Cruise Personalizer, book excursions on line, make special requests on line and join and post on a chat board is computer savvy enough to find the "Print Luggage Tags" button. And if one has a TA do all of the above for them, (except for the chat board part), then Princess probably expects the TA to find the "Print Luggage Tags" button for its clients.

I guess they figure that anyone who is computer savvy enough to fill out a Cruise Personalizer, book excursions on line, make special requests on line and join and post on a chat board is computer savvy enough to find the "Print Luggage Tags" button. And if one has a TA do all of the above for them, (except for the chat board part), then Princess probably expects the TA to find the "Print Luggage Tags" button for its clients.

How about savvy enough to find Cruise Critic, join, sign in and post a complaint? Might they be able to handle printing out boarding passes and luggage tags?

How about savvy enough to find Cruise Critic, join, sign in and post a complaint? Might they be able to handle printing out boarding passes and luggage tags?
It could easily take those 45 minutes if the OP's computer kept dropping internet connections :(, password or booking number was mislaid :o (where did it go?), printer ran out of paper (get more) :(, printer then jammed (oh joy) :mad:, then ran out of ink while printing (#$* printer!) :mad::mad:.

Unfortunately sfgent didn't say whether he was successful or not - just that it took a major chunk of time.

It's happened to me, anyway...

What problems are you having? They are not difficult to print.

Archived