3rd & 4th person

tarheelmjfan

Does Princess ever have a good rate for the 3rd & 4th person? We just booked on the Crown for next summer. We are also booked on a 10 night on Celebrity for this summer. While Princess has a good 1st & 2nd person rate, X has a much better 3rd person rate. :( Is this always the case? TIA :)

Sometimes they have 3rd & 4th specials for "select" sailings, but never when I can go. ;) With that said, the prices came so for down for our balcony (but NOT 3rd and 4th persons), that we were able to get the kids their own inside cabin for practically the same price.

We also found that at times Princess has good deals for the inside cabins that it's just about the same price to get the kids their own room as it is to have them as a 3rd/4th in our room. Believe me, that extra bathroom with two teens makes a big difference!!

We became Celebrity customers because of their pricing on 3rd and 4th. They often seemed to run a special for 299 or so. WHen we did the math for the four of us, Celebrity was by far the best value. Not sure if this is still so but we still always price Celebrity first. Now it is two cabins.

Thanks for the info. :) We only have 1 child & would never consider allowing him to stay in a room alone. I think the price for the 1st 2 people on Princess, even the Crown, was reasonable for a 9 night cruise. It's the 3rd person that I don't understand. Celebrity is charging us $720 for a 10 night Alaskan cruise for a CC balcony cabin. Princess is almost twice that much for 9 nights. That's not that much less than the 1st & 2nd person. :confused: Oh well, I was just wondering if this was always the case.

Archived