Travel Candles

Scubagirl713

NO flames allowed on the ship, due to fire hazzard. Find a local Scentsy dealer and check out the Scent Pack, Travel Tin, and hanging Scent Circle. They are all cruise acceptable and work great for travel. (I don't recommend Scentsy flameless candles for ships, due to possible sloshing of liquid wax.) Scentsy also has a non-aerosol spray that is very packable. (But as with all liquids, put in a ziploc bag, to avoid leaks.) Also, I have seen a sneak preview of the Spring/Summer catalog, which comes out March 1. They are going to have some adorable little 7" stuffed animals that hold a Scent Pack. I think they will be perfect cruise buddies that also add a nice scent to your room & suitcase! :) If you don't have a Scentsy consultant already, go to scentsy.com and find one near you.

(Note to mods.... I am not advertising these products for personal gain and will receive NOTHING from this recommendation, other than the satisfaction of helping others find a good cruising product.)

NO flames allowed on the ship, due to fire hazzard. Find a local Scentsy dealer and check out the Scent Pack, Travel Tin, and hanging Scent Circle. They are all cruise acceptable and work great for travel. (I don't recommend Scentsy flameless candles for ships, due to possible sloshing of liquid wax.) Scentsy also has a non-aerosol spray that is very packable. (But as with all liquids, put in a ziploc bag, to avoid leaks.) Also, I have seen a sneak preview of the Spring/Summer catalog, which comes out March 1. They are going to have some adorable little 7" stuffed animals that hold a Scent Pack. I think they will be perfect cruise buddies that also add a nice scent to your room & suitcase! :) If you don't have a Scentsy consultant already, go to scentsy.com and find one near you.

(Note to mods.... I am not advertising these products for personal gain and will receive NOTHING from this recommendation, other than the satisfaction of helping others find a good cruising product.)

i think that would be a greattttt idea.... find a SCENTSY consultant!! they are wonderful... we use a travel tin in our bathroom during our cruises!!! BIG SMILE!

We had a battery operated candle on our balcony last cruise. It was nice not to have the overhead light on and bother the neighbors and it was quite romantic along with a nice glass of wine and the sound of the water..oooh..now I really cant wait:D

Thank you everyone for the input - I didn't stop and think about the safety ramifications, point well taken. I will get some of the battery operated ones - I know our local craft store carries them. And to Harrier1961, there is no need to get surly with me, I admit not the smartest question ever, but you can be blunt without being unkind.

Are they allowed on the ship? You know the little ones usually come in tins and are soy based, so smokeless?

No they aren't but I brought the battery operated tea lights and had no problem whatsoever, our cabin steward even had them lit (turned on) every night when we returned to the room :-)

Common sense people.

Just saying.

Andy

:confused::confused:

You're asking quite a lot here.

our cabin steward even had them lit (turned on) every night when we returned to the room :-)

How sweet!!! That's awesome :)

Man, y'all are like sharks with blood in the water..:( again, I apologize for the brain fart. Won't happen again.

Bought some nice pillar style electric candles from Hobby Lobby yesterday, can't wait for my cruise!

I think the reason they suggested bringing battery operated was there is only one outlet .. over the desk for everything you use.

Id leave them home. Why would you want a candle on top of the desk? They are pretty strict at times with extension cords. I had mine taken at the port, and it was for my electric alarm clock (remember there are no clocks in the cabins either)

My one outlet is for my clock to see what time it is, not a candle sitting on the desk. I need all the clear space on the desktop.

I think they were just trying to save you from making a mistake and wasting money on something that really is not a great idea for cruising. Battery operated .. ok, maybe you could use it out on the balcony .. but a electric one is kind of not the most practical idea. Take it once and use it if it cannot be returned.

I think the reason they suggested bringing battery operated was there is only one outlet .. over the desk for everything you use.

Id leave them home. Why would you want a candle on top of the desk? They are pretty strict at times with extension cords. I had mine taken at the port, and it was for my electric alarm clock (remember there are no clocks in the cabins either)

My one outlet is for my clock to see what time it is, not a candle sitting on the desk. I need all the clear space on the desktop.

I think they were just trying to save you from making a mistake and wasting money on something that really is not a great idea for cruising. Battery operated .. ok, maybe you could use it out on the balcony .. but a electric one is kind of not the most practical idea. Take it once and use it if it cannot be returned.

I really enjoyed my electric candle... out on the balcony in the evening... or in the room as a nightlight while we slept. I also brought one of those plug-in flat greenish nightlights to have in the room.

Man, y'all are like sharks with blood in the water..:( again, I apologize for the brain fart. Won't happen again.

Bought some nice pillar style electric candles from Hobby Lobby yesterday, can't wait for my cruise!

You might consider sticking a post-it note on your candles identifying them as battery-powered... just so they don't get confiscated on the way on the ship. I left the post-it on ours for the first couple of nights so the cabin steward would know as well.

You might consider sticking a post-it note on your candles identifying them as battery-powered... just so they don't get confiscated on the way on the ship. I left the post-it on ours for the first couple of nights so the cabin steward would know as well.

Why try and fool them, if they are electric, there has to be a cord? They can see they are electric.

Why try and fool them, if they are electric, there has to be a cord? They can see they are electric.

My electric candle didn't have any cords.... no fooling involved.

I'm "assuming" these folks that keep saying "electric" are meaning to say "battery-operated." :confused::confused::confused:

And I'm assuming that most people understand that "Batteries" are "Electric," not some other form of power... solar, wind, or water.

What did you think a battery was?

My electric candle didn't have any cords.... no fooling involved.

And I'm assuming that most people understand that "Batteries" are "Electric," not some other form of power... solar, wind, or water.

What did you think a battery was?

Chill jt....I was just helping to clarify for fire.......

Archived